Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 07

I rule the local playground PureElement's Avatar

Downloading it, so I can play with the 98 season. Penny Hardaway >> Everyone.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Prince
    Do people really think 2k is better than live?
    Maybe Im wrong but I bought the first 2K and the 2nd one and I thought that it was over for EA and then Live came on strong with the analog stick moves I mean compare Live 05-06 to the 2k series and its like night and day!
    The 2k with Wallace on the cover is HORRIBLE and this Live 07 feature upgrade makes it unparallel in the market today

Can somebody give me some feedback please?
    Both of them have analog moves. And gameplay is more important than features. NBA 2k gameplay is the most realistic, and I have a lot more fun playing it against my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by PureElement
    Downloading it, so I can play with the 98 season. Penny Hardaway >> Everyone.
    Huh? You can play in the 98 season?

It would be cool if games bought out "classic" titles updated. I'd love to play Bulls versus Blazers how the current games are formatted. So basically just the same , but old players and all the extras like dynasty etc.

Imagine taking the Celtics and building a dynasty with Reggie Lewis and Dee Brown? ;)

You'd have to buy the rights to use the players names though Ced. No one is getting Jordan's name any time soon; the first to get Jordan in their game will win the war between live and 2k unless something drastic happens like loss of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    You'd have to buy the rights to use the players names though Ced. No one is getting Jordan's name any time soon; the first to get Jordan in their game will win the war between live and 2k unless something drastic happens like loss of funding.
    That sucks.

But it would be cool though.

Imagine starting the game in 1984, and Being the Blazers and picking Jordan. That would be just sick.

People on fan sites have made the 98 season. It has almost all the the players and even most of the scrubs. They made customized cyberfaces and most of them looks great. Penny Hardaway is the most fun NBA player to play. His speed is amazing in his prime and has nash like passer rating. I've also downloaded the legend classic teams so I can play as Bird, Magic etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PureElement
    People on fan sites have made the 98 season. It has almost all the the players and even most of the scrubs. They made customized cyberfaces and most of them looks great. Penny Hardaway is the most fun NBA player to play. His speed is amazing in his prime and has nash like passer rating. I've also downloaded the legend classic teams so I can play as Bird, Magic etc.
    Thats awesome. I might need to upgrade my comp and get 07 on it.

NBA 2K > NBA Live

I seriously do not understand you NBA Live fanatics. This is such a horrible franchise. Its almost a joke, like NBA JAM style, except false-advertising as simulation basketball. Sure, its really fun if you want to dunk AT WILL with Vince Carter and drain 30 three-pointers with Ray Allen. No defense in the game can stop any of these.

The facial construction of all the players is primitive at best. Compared side by side to NBA 2K, there is ZERO competition. NBA Live is raving about the "new" feature, where players will now look towards the ball. WHOOPIE!! NBA 2K freakin' hired actors so they could motion capture the signature shooting styles of every player in the league. AND the face texturing for some of the players (i.e. Shaq) is amazing, not to mention the sweat details, tats, fluid movement of jersey cloth and the glare of the jumbo-tron on the hardwood. Superior, thats all I can stay. In ALL aspects. I cant think of a single thing Live does better other than cram sh!tty extra features into the package...trying to salvage the horrible gameplay and graphical dynamics.

Serious playground baller

I have been a fan of live for a while but I am willing to check out the 2k7 series. Which game has a better dynasty mode?

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    NBA 2K > NBA Live

I seriously do not understand you NBA Live fanatics. This is such a horrible franchise. Its almost a joke, like NBA JAM style, except false-advertising as simulation basketball. Sure, its really fun if you want to dunk AT WILL with Vince Carter and drain 30 three-pointers with Ray Allen. No defense in the game can stop any of these.

The facial construction of all the players is primitive at best. Compared side by side to NBA 2K, there is ZERO competition. NBA Live is raving about the "new" feature, where players will now look towards the ball. WHOOPIE!! NBA 2K freakin' hired actors so they could motion capture the signature shooting styles of every player in the league. AND the face texturing for some of the players (i.e. Shaq) is amazing, not to mention the sweat details, tats, fluid movement of jersey cloth and the glare of the jumbo-tron on the hardwood. Superior, thats all I can stay. In ALL aspects. I cant think of a single thing Live does better other than cram sh!tty extra features into the package...trying to salvage the horrible gameplay and graphical dynamics.
    I don't understand why 2k fans are always trying to convince people that 2k is better. Live fans DON'T CARE.

Cornell Basketball=#1

Question for Live fans...

have you even played the 2k series? I find it very hard to believe that a real basketball fan would not find 2k VASTLY superior to Live in every single aspect of the game. The only people who actually think Live is better than 2k are people who play only for arcade style fun and relaxation.

Cuba

Live looks better this year, but they are seriously stealing a lot of things from the 2k series now.

And I sure as hell wont pay for any EA games, I've been burned by them one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader

have you even played the 2k series? I find it very hard to believe that a real basketball fan would not find 2k VASTLY superior to Live in every single aspect of the game. The only people who actually think Live is better than 2k are people who play only for arcade style fun and relaxation.
    I played 2k5 for about a week on the PS2 while I was in China last summer and played 2k6 on the xbox360 for half a week this year.

Question for 2k fans, why do you CARE?

1.) Live is for PC, 2k isn't. So take out the people without consoles from playing 2k.
    2.) PC is infinitely better, so take out people who enjoy better graphics on the PC, and the ability of PC games to always keep updated and get new player made content from playing 2k.
    3.) Graphics. This year (06), live's graphics on the 360 is considered the best of sports game made, EVER.
    4.) People who enjoy a fast paced game for relaxation. I don't play 48 min games, I don't wanna see scores of 10 to 10 when I play only 8 mins.

Now another question for 2k fans, how many has actually played live 07, and why would you dismiss a game from the start? Now even though I said 2k games suck, I'm still going to try 2k7 and hope for an improvement. But why the *** should I not try live. Why the hell should anyone care?

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader

Well I have Live and you can change the sliders to make it more realistic. It's a matter of preference. Some people might like to play Live for the All star weekend feature and sick graphics and some might play 2k because of the 24/7 ebc mode. I like both games actually. They should unite both games to make NBA Live 2k7...wouldn't it be sweet?

Local High School Star

ill play it...i hope the freestyle superstar stuff isnt as unstoppable