Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Gordon Joins Deng on GB roster

i wanna see GB vs AUSTRALIA!
    im off topic but yeaaa! hahah

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Is mediazone going to broadcast the qualification tournament and the eurochampionships this summer
    i hope someone (anyone!) broadcasts the qualifying tournament even if all i can find is a crap stream on the internet. i think i'm more excited about that than the olympics!

i've already got my ticket for GB vs Czech Republic in London

Learning to shoot layups

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...ason_2001.html

England finished w5 l5, & narrowly missed out on eurobasket 2001. Back then this was the squad

Neville Anthony Austin
    Stephen John Barnes
    Raymond Howard Carter
    Silas Paul Cheung
    Tony Dorsey F 2.01
    Andy Derek Gardiner F 2.02
    Steven Hansell G 1.88
    Christopher Haslam C 2.02
    Kojo Nana Kwadwo Mensah-Bonsu
    4 Iain McKinney
    5 Yorick Williams G 1.92
    6 Fleeta Mantia Callender
    7 Ronald Baker G 1.75
    9 Delme Leon Jefferson Herriman F 1.98
    11 Roger Huggins FC 2.00
    12 Ian Stuart Whyte C 2.15
    13 Stevenson Lee Bucknall
    15 Andrew Betts C 2.23

Of the squad that is present now, Yorick Williams, Andy Betts, & Steven Hansell are the only players still in it. Betts is probably the only one who will be in the final 12/14 players. This squad was good but was poor financialy. We beat Slovenia, Czech republic (home & away), & give Croatia a right fright along the way during the early part of the decade. GB are no mugs, they can play ball! We wait to see what will happen over the next few months, but im sure they will give more than a good account of themselves

[COLOR="Red"]SUPPORT TEAM GB SPREAD THE WORD[/COLOR]

Learning to shoot layups

Stax it promises to be a brilliant campaign hopefully! I've heard nothing on the TV coverage front, but i'd love to see Channel 5 broadcast it (fingers crossed). Im going to all 3 home games, can't wait i think there expecting around 10000 at the o2 & also the Israel game should be close to a sell out due to the large number of Jews in the north west.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inaminute23
    Stax it promises to be a brilliant campaign hopefully! I've heard nothing on the TV coverage front, but i'd love to see Channel 5 broadcast it (fingers crossed). Im going to all 3 home games, can't wait i think there expecting around 10000 at the o2 & also the Israel game should be close to a sell out due to the large number of Jews in the north west.

It won't be on uk tv. I asure you,whats more most people in the UK won't even know its going on.Its the same every year people in this country don't give a damn about basketball.Even those who play the game!!I know of people who play who don't even know what the euroleague is!!
    Last edited by la bomba; 06-15-2008 at 07:11 AM.

Try www.myp2p.eu then click on live sports and select basketball.Thats where I watch most of the basketball that everyone in europe enjoys but I can't in the U.K!

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    It won't be on uk tv. I am asure you,whats more most people in the UK won't even know its going on.Its the same every year people in this country don't give a damn about basketball.Even those who play the game!!I know of people who play who don't even know what the euroleague is!!
    Well it was broadcast last year by Sky sports! Ok it wasn't live coverage, but it was coverage none the less. Im not saying it will be splashed on all the newspapers but im sure there will be even more coverage than last year. You are right in saying thought that alot of people play it but don't like to watch it. We will see though what pans out. Im looking for good performances & well attended games, then anything is possible!

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...ason_2001.html

England finished w5 l5, & narrowly missed out on eurobasket 2001. Back then this was the squad

Neville Anthony Austin
    Stephen John Barnes
    Raymond Howard Carter
    Silas Paul Cheung
    Tony Dorsey F 2.01
    Andy Derek Gardiner F 2.02
    Steven Hansell G 1.88
    Christopher Haslam C 2.02
    Kojo Nana Kwadwo Mensah-Bonsu
    4 Iain McKinney
    5 Yorick Williams G 1.92
    6 Fleeta Mantia Callender
    7 Ronald Baker G 1.75
    9 Delme Leon Jefferson Herriman F 1.98
    11 Roger Huggins FC 2.00
    12 Ian Stuart Whyte C 2.15
    13 Stevenson Lee Bucknall
    15 Andrew Betts C 2.23

Of the squad that is present now, Yorick Williams, Andy Betts, & Steven Hansell are the only players still in it. Betts is probably the only one who will be in the final 12/14 players. This squad was good but was poor financialy. We beat Slovenia, Czech republic (home & away), & give Croatia a right fright along the way during the early part of the decade. GB are no mugs, they can play ball! We wait to see what will happen over the next few months, but im sure they will give more than a good account of themselves

was martin Henlan not in that team?

yeah i've also heard talk about the 'magic barrier' of 10,000 being breached. exciting times!

channel 5 have covered the GB squad during halftimes of their NBA games this year. i will send them an email about the qualifying tournament, and encourage others to do so - at least they'll know the interest is there.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by stax
    yeah i've also heard talk about the 'magic barrier' of 10,000 being breached. exciting times!

channel 5 have covered the GB squad during halftimes of their NBA games this year. i will send them an email about the qualifying tournament, and encourage others to do so - at least they'll know the interest is there.

I'll email 5 too, the more the better! Like you say they do quite often mention them during the NBA games. You never know they might "pull the rabbit out of the hat" tonight & announce it! Anyway the more we email, then the more likely they will listen.

[COLOR="Red"]
    SUPPORT TEAM GB SPREAD THE WORD
    [/COLOR]

Learning to shoot layups

was martin Henlan not in that team?
    No i think his days as an international player were over at the back end of the 90's. i've been following the sport properly from about 96/97, then internationally from about 98, & never seen him play for England.
    [COLOR="Red"]

[/COLOR]

Future D1 Dad

i was wondering why we got to be on the team. i never knew he was born there.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by stax

Just had an email back from 5 saying "they do not hold the rights to the eurobasket qualifiers". Does that mean a british tv company does??

Just had an email back from 5 saying "they do not hold the rights to the eurobasket qualifiers". Does that mean a british tv company does??

No Uk channel will be interested,when are you going to understand that. I appreciate that like me you love this game,but we live in the wrong country.The amount of eurobaskets,world champs etc that i have seen via internet through Mediazone or streaming is ridiculous when every other european nation is showing them on their national tv.Even nations whose teams are not even qualified.

Learning to shoot layups

No Uk channel will be interested,when are you going to understand that. I appreciate that like me you love this game,but we live in the wrong country.The amount of eurobaskets,world champs etc that i have seen via internet through Mediazone or streaming is ridiculous when every other european nation is showing them on their national tv.Even nations whose teams are not even qualified.

Well at least we should able to see the away games live on the internet, better than watching Fiba's box score!

[COLOR="Red"]
    [/COLOR]