Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Stoudemire is already best power forward

He is now already better than Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, if u don't think so, u are ignorant

Default Re: Stoudemire is already best power forward

Offensively, yes. But, he does not impact a game like KG or Timmy, and won't impact a game like they do until he plays defense and becomes a better rebounder.

I still find it hard to believe that an athletic, explosive beast like Amare still hasn't averaged 10+ rebounds for a season.
    I know he's had Marion grabbing them before and now Shaq but Amare has size and probably explosiveness over Marion, and he has leaping ability, explosiveness, and speed over Shaq.

The game goes 2 ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Offensively, yes. But, he does not impact a game like KG or Timmy, and won't impact a game like they do until he plays defense and becomes a better rebounder.
    +1

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPaulIsPunk
    He is now already better than Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, if u don't think so, u are ignorant
    Nice argument, very well put, the evidence is astounding

uhhh....no. he's not.

Its really getting out of hand these one liner arguments. Try give us some reason to your argument. If you are not going to provide insight to your thoughts, then there is no reason to even create a thread about it

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    I still find it hard to believe that an athletic, explosive beast like Amare still hasn't averaged 10+ rebounds for a season.
    I know he's had Marion grabbing them before and now Shaq but Amare has size and probably explosiveness over Marion, and he has leaping ability, explosiveness, and speed over Shaq.
    The frustrating thing with Amare is that he has that ability. He'll go on a tear where he'll grab 12-15 rpg for a stretch of games and you think maybe he's turning the corner, and then his rebounding will disappear for a few games.

Very good NBA starter

"if u don't think so, u are ignorant"

stfu , on InsideHoops, you have to give an arguement first, and if your new, you have to earn respect before you can down talk to someone here, let alone make stupid threads.

I believe he is the 3rd best power forward in the game right now.

And I think with some minor defensive improvements, he will pass KG. KG is an elite defender, but his offense can't touch Amare's right now. If Amare can pick up his defense and keep up his offensive game then he can pass KG.

Duncan is another story. To me Duncan either the best at his position of all time or close (Barkley or Malone could be argued). I don't think that Amare will ever pass Duncan's mix of elite defense and unstoppable (and timely) offense.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Powerhouse scorer? Yes. Best at the position doing everything else? No. Not even close yet.

I am Chris Wilcox

Amare may have more talent offensively than both KG and Tim Duncan. But, like someone else said, Amare will not impact a game like KG or Tim Duncan, until he becomes a great defender.

He definitly has the potential to surpass KG and hopefully he does, but it's going to take more than being a dominant offensive player to even come close to Tim Duncan. Amare is really going to have to step his entire game (which includes everything he does on the court) up to be on the same level as Tim Duncan.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

I don't think I've seen Nowitzki mentioned in this thread. (I may have overlooked it). It's pretty optimistic for a person to say Amare is better than all 3 of those guys. (Nowitzki, Duncan, Garnett)

Consider me ignorant then :)