Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I liked Pirates a lot, fun movie to watch.

Superman was boring and had no heart. The opening sequences when he first comes back to earth were great, but the plot didn't build on that excitment. The movie just went completely downhill from there.

crawford, mashburn

whatever ship played the "interceptor" in the first movie...ive been on it. sailed on it for three weeks. real rugged. had to climb up the masts ourselves and raise them, and wake up in the middle of the night to steer the ship and navigate. we started in seattle and sailed around vancouver island in the exact same ship. the crew were all the same guys that were there when the original movie was filmed, they told me what it was like and all that. (from july 20-aug. 9, 2003)
    Last edited by jamal; 07-19-2006 at 06:03 PM.

I usually hit open layups GothamKnight's Avatar

Batman Begins was awesome imo

Banned

Batman Begins = best superhero movie ever, best comic book interpretation ever. that movie was sick. 1000X times what I was expecting. You go to such movies to be excited and to enjoy yourself, I don't think anyone expects all that plus a movie that is simply classic by any measure, even against some of the greatest contemporary movies made.

Plus Batman is the best superhero. Superman sucks, Spiderman definitely has a case, but he just doesn't have the badass factor that Batman does.

I usually hit open layups GothamKnight's Avatar

a Wolverine movie would be sick. Spiderman 1 was good, 2 was good if you block out all the cheesy love crap. I think Kirsten Dunst is SO HORRIBLE as Mary Jane. dunno wtf they were thinking with that one.

Wolverine can give Batman a run for his money.

the 1st half (origin part) of Batman Begins was flawless. the rest is good action which it had to have.

I still like Tim Burton's "Batman" better. You can't beat Nicholson.

Good High School Starter Voice of Reason's Avatar

I rank Batman Begins up there with Star Wars Return of the Sith. Just because I love how you actually get some in depth look at the movies you watched beforehand. And I enjoy how a movie is done like that where the ending leaves you up to the beggining of the first movie, if that makes sense.

Local High School Star

It won't come close to the record, it will die down in a month and get about 400mill, still alot off.

I thought Supermad would be the big summer film, but that movies kind of crashing and pirates is soaring.
    i was pretty dissapointed in Superman and am not sure if i ever want to see it again.

have not seen Pirates 2 but from what ive read it has more Jack Sparrow and less Orlando Suck. JS is a GREAT character so i can see why people flock to the film.

Saw a basketball once

wow, alot of people feel the same way I do. I thought superman returns was boring as hell and Pirates was good.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Voratian's Avatar

Superman grossed like 126M in the US alone the first week, and garnered considerably better reviews than Pirates 2. Not a failure by any stretch of the imagination.

I enjoyed Superman a lot, though the whole cape-moving in space thing, tired plot twist and Spacey as Luther were bad points.

Still need to see Pirates 2, though I hear the plot is incomprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Voratian
    Superman grossed like 126M in the US alone the first week, and garnered considerably better reviews than Pirates 2. Not a failure by any stretch of the imagination.

I enjoyed Superman a lot, though the whole cape-moving in space thing, tired plot twist and Spacey as Luther were bad points.

Still need to see Pirates 2, though I hear the plot is incomprehensible.
    I wouldn't say Superman is a failure, but it didn't reach $200 million in U.S. yet, which is surprising. But Piriates is just kicking its butt. I'm sure the studio's expectations for Superman were much higher....

And for your Pirates 2 update, it has now made $280 million in the U.S. and rising fast. It is now the 28th All-time highest grossing movie in U.S. It just passed "Meet the Fockers" and "Shrek", and it still has alot of miles on it. Should make Top 10 easy IMO....

Batman Begins was very well done. The build up to his days as the Dark Knight where he trains in those mountains was absolutely terrific. Really made viewers want to see him get to Gotham and wreak havoc.

On a side note, has anyone here seen the fanfic movie Batman: Dead End? It's an ~8 min movie that you can find on YouTube, and it is absolutely phenominal. Get past the first 1 minute of him putting on a not-so-great costume, and you're in for a treat. Don't know what it's about? Try this on for size: Batman vs. Alien vs. Predator! Does that not sound like total kick-ass? Go watch it, now.

Ever realise that Batman is the only superhero without any powers?

SAVE Planet Orange PHXsunsROCK1105's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Why does Pirates of Carribbean do so freakin' well at the box office? This sequel is probably going to be one of the highest grossing movies of all time. It has an outside chance of beating Titanic for THE #1 GROSSING movie of all time.

I simply don't get it. Nothing about the movie looks appealing to me....

Can anyone explain why?

CUZ IT'S AN ACTION-PACKED FUNNY FILM! hhaa

Saw a basketball once KillaCamNOHOMO's Avatar

haha, superman was on pepsi cans all over america for about 2 months..

if thats not publicity,i dont know what is