Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
       

Default Amanda Knox- guilty of murder?

the verdict for this two-year case finally got determined on friday. 22-yr old american amanda knox who was studying abroad in italy got convicted of murdering a british girl during a night of 'satanic ritual sex'... along with her boyfriend and a local thief who fled the country. knox and her boyfriend had no criminal record, btw.

anybody study this case? it's complicated. i read the articles and watched this video:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...g;mostpopvideo

i still don't know if she's guilty or innocent, but it seems like there's some pretty weird stuff going on from the prosecutor's side. for example, the guy prosecuting the case was also involved in the interrogation, not to mention due to face charges of corruption / improper conduct from a previous case. also, juries are apparently not sequested in italy, so were highly susceptible to influence from the italian media, which was basically making knox out to look like the devil from the beginning... apparently based on her myspace page. (personally i get the idea that they haven't looked at many myspace pages)

maybe the strangest thing of all is that the alleged murderer was already caught and prosecuted, and admitted he had nothing to do with knox and her boyfriend. so basically the italians have prosecuted a murder case twice, with two different sets of suspects.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Amanda Knox- guilty of murder?

I am 100% sure this dumb bitch is guilty, a perfect image for americans abroad, a dumb bitch ditzy murderer. She was probably on LSD

Come touch it, Dave Knuck the Ficks's Avatar

This happens all the time when a young white attractive person gets accused of some heinous crime in a foreign land. If found guilty, the people back home (whether they be from US, UK or Aus) rail sanctimoniously against the justice system of the other country.

This happened in Australia with a model called Schapelle Corby who was sentence to 20 years in an Indonesian prison for trafficking marijuana. The outrage that followed her sentence was truly embarrassing. People couldn't believe that someone who was semi-attractive could do such a thing so they started slandering the Indonesian justice system despite the fact that:

(a) she was caught with an insane amount of weed in a bodyboard case
    (b) there was no bodyboard in sight
    (c) one of her relatives owned a surf shop in Bali (so why would you need to transport a bodyboard in the first place)
    (d) her family contains quite a few people who have been convicted of drug offences

I have no idea whether Knox is guilty or not and I must say that at first glance there doesn't seem to be much in the way of physical evidence. However, I am certain of one thing: she is a ****ing idiot.

She briefly sent an innocent man to jail, although she now says that her false claims were extracted under duress. This may be true but it's an argument that's been taken as fact too quickly - believe it or not, most foreign policeman won't beat you up over a random murder.

She and her partner almost certainly doctored the crime scene to make it look like that there was a break in.

Thirdly she completely disrespected the police performing cartwheels and the splits in her cell before her questioning.

Do the above three things warrant 20+ years in an Italian jail? Of course not. But let's stop pretending that a pretty white girl is incapable of murder and that the legal systems of nations that are not our own are plagued with corruption.

Come touch it, Dave Knuck the Ficks's Avatar

Here's Amanda's mother and sister taking souvenir snapshots of her trial:

This explains why she acted like a complete retard - she obviously comes from as long line of dumbasses.

   

thanks, dude. good reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    ...She briefly sent an innocent man to jail, although she now says that her false claims were extracted under duress. This may be true but it's an argument that's been taken as fact too quickly - believe it or not, most foreign policeman won't beat you up over a random murder.
    watch the video- a professor writing a book about a similar subject also got pulled into questioning by that prosecutor, and the prosecutor came off as borderline nuts. with this guy in charge, can we bypass the possibility that knox was smacked around until she started cooperating?

She and her partner almost certainly doctored the crime scene to make it look like that there was a break in.
    what's your reasoning on this?

Thirdly she completely disrespected the police performing cartwheels and the splits in her cell before her questioning.
    just like you're basically saying 'don't jump to conclusions', i would say the same thing on this. do we know what her personality was like? maybe doing acrobatics was a favorite method for blowing off stress, in which case, it would have been appropriate for her.

we are so quick to make judgements about other people without really understanding what's normal for them and what's unusual. most of the italian media crucifying her before the trial began was based on this kind of assumption.

re: the photos of her family taking pics,
    these are people who have spent probably hundreds of hours around the courts at this point. why the hell wouldn't they try to relax, take some pics, and do whatever else seemed normal to them during that boring and stressful time?

are you saying that if that was you, you'd be sitting there for all that time stone-faced, giving the media and gossiping people nothing at all to remark upon?

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    Here's Amanda's mother and sister taking souvenir snapshots of her trial:

This explains why she acted like a complete retard - she obviously comes from as long line of dumbasses.
    yep i am 100% this dum bitch foxy knoxy is guilty.

Gigantes her family has NO EXCUSES. The mom's daughter and girl's sister IS ABOUT TO BE SENTENCED TO 24 YEARS IN FOREIGN PRISON FOR MURDER-but you're right it's the perfect time for souvenir snapshots

I wouldnt be suprised if she is guilty, that said I have serious doubts about the quality of the Italian legal system. Everything remotely political in that country is subject to bias.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    yep i am 100% this dum bitch foxy knoxy is guilty.

Gigantes her family has NO EXCUSES. The mom's daughter and girl's sister IS ABOUT TO BE SENTENCED TO 24 YEARS IN FOREIGN PRISON FOR MURDER-but you're right it's the perfect time for souvenir snapshots

Banned

weren't they just smoking weed? i mean as long as it wasn't PCP or something i can't see people pulling some crazy shit like that if its not in their normal tendencies.

the guy that ran's brother supposedly said his brother confessed to doing it, how his brother and somebody else i think were just breaking in to rob them but ended up killing her, but they're saying he's not credible. i read this a long time ago so i can't remember why they reached that conclusion.

the girl that got murdered is supposedly from a very influential and wealthy italian family which gives a motive for a rush to judgement, or making the 'foreigner' the scapegoat.

i'm still not sure tho, and i don't really care. she's kind of hot but acted real odd trying to defend herself when i saw a clip.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Looks like the murder conviction is overturned and she's out of the woods unless the Italian justice system has triple jeopardy.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/27/europe/amanda-knox/

BTW - she's fkin hot!

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Dating her would be weird. You would jump whenever you hear the cutlery draw open

Good college starter

Disgusting how the black man is the only man to go down while these other devils get to walk free. It was proven the black guy could not have killed the girl by himself, he must have had accomplices.

This whole thing stank from the very beginning. Corruption at its finest.

Good. This case was a disaster to begin with. Based on the facts I read, Italian justice system went after her and her guy for no reason when they already had the real murderer locked up

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Good. This case was a disaster to begin with. Based on the facts I read, Italian justice system went after her and her guy for no reason when they already had the real murderer locked up
    You must have read some bullshit then. Cause thats not what happened at all.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Dating her would be weird. You would jump whenever you hear the cutlery draw open

I'd glory hole her ass through a suit of armor