Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: 16-year-old boy killed four people while driving drunk

Quote Originally Posted by moaz
    You don't need to:
    His legal defense was that he was spoiled by his parents

Couch didn’t literally get out of jail because he slipped the judge a check. But with 20 years of jail — yes, 20 years — looming as a possible punishment for Couch, his attorney had the brilliant idea of bringing in psychologist Dr. G. Dick Miller to testify on Couch’s behalf. Dr. Miller’s testimony on the stand focused on Couch’s wealth: the teenager, he said, had grown up amid privilege and had often expected his money to get him out of trouble. Therefore, Couch did not have a basic understanding of consequences.

and From WFAA ABC:

Miller said Couch’s parents gave him “freedoms no young person should have.” He called Couch a product of “affluenza,” where his family felt that wealth bought privilege and there was no rational link between behavior and consequences.

He said Couch got whatever he wanted. As an example, Miller said Couch’s parents gave no punishment after police ticketed the then-15-year-old when he was found in a parked pickup with a passed out, undressed, 14-year-old girl.
    affluenza, what the f*ck is that and how does that get one off. Must be nice. And holy shyt at the previous run in. Probably took advantage of the chick. Scumbag.

shhhhhhh

So he gets off because he has no understanding of consequences for his actions...

Nice.... Thanks to the judge he still has no understanding of consequences for his actions

Scumbag shit indeed...but that defense attorney is probably rich as ****, dude pulled one sexy move to get the ol' boy off.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    he's not getting 10 years of treatment, he's gonna be on paper for 10 years.

If he screws up within the 10 years, the judge could impose jail time on the original crime.

I agree that locking the kid up doesn't do anything really, but in most instances, even if alcohol wasn't a factor, there would be jail time in a case like this.

This kid had a BAC of over .2 That's ridiculous for anyone, let alone a 16 year old kid.

I bet some money changed hands for this sentence. It's shocking. It's disgusting. The judge should step down from the bench after doling out that sentence. It REEKS of corruption.
    totally agreed. Got damn this story pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    So he gets off because he has no understanding of consequences for his actions...

Nice.... Thanks to the judge he still has no understanding of consequences for his actions
    How about that. So his next run in with the law he could say the same thing and also use this judge as a reference.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How about that. So his next run in with the law he could say the same thing and also use this judge as a reference.
    ha... yep..
    Kid's attorney just added another contact in the kid's "people I blame for why I'm f*cked up" folder

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Your state strikes again.
    yes, money has no impact on the legal system in the other 49 states...

Nah, they'll let him burn the next time. I'm betting his old man pulled a pretty big favor so he won't have another to play. Not to mention the debt he owes to whoever set it all up with the court.

What's ridiculous is the reasoning behind the judges sentence was that the kid had never been punished properly. So I guess letting him off the hook again is the answer?

NBA rookie of the year

Thats messed up imo he deserves the death penalty

I feel we are way too reluctant in issuing death sentences in cases like this where guilt is clear.

I get busted with marijuana I'm doing 5 years. This scumbag piece of shyt kills 4 people and is free. Must be nice.
    You been to court yet?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    The 4 people he killed must have been black or some other minorities
    the victims were mentioned in the story

Breanna Mitchell

Killed: Hollie Boyles, 52, and her daughter, Shelby Boyles, 21, were helping out the driver of a broken down SUV when they were struck and killed by Couch's out-of-control pickup

Killed: Brian Jennings, 41, was parked on the side of the road when Ethan Couch's pickup truck drove into him and three others

Sergio Molina remains in a coma

Soliman Mohmand, right, was seriously injured. They were both riding in Couch's truck when the cash occured

there were 2 minorities injured, both were riding with the white killer couch.

'Money always seems to keep (Couch) out of trouble,' Eric Boyles, whose wife and daughter were killed in the June 15 crash, told the Star Telegram after sentencing. 'Ultimately today, I felt that money did prevail. If (he) had been any other youth, I feel like the circumstances would have been different.'
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 12-12-2013 at 05:34 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

guys, people aren't getting life sentences for having pot on them...some of you are REALLY exaggerating that

Nate Newton of the Dallas Cowboys:

On November 4, 2001 police in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana, arrested Newton after he was found to have 213 pounds of marijuana during a traffic stop of Newton's white van.[3] Five weeks later, on December 12, 2001, Newton was again stopped in Texas and was arrested after a search of his vehicle revealed he possessed 175 pounds of marijuana.[4] He was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison for drug trafficking, and has since reportedly gone straight
    so he got caught with a van full of pot...213 lbs (not exactly a dime bag)...and did NO TIME...THEN 5 weeks later got caught doing the same thing (while on probation I assume) and did 30 months.

basically you have to be a big team supplier of pot and get caught multiple times to do just a couple years...

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    You been to court yet?
    Huh? Make sense when you reply to me.

Huh? Make sense when you reply to me.
    Haha, idiot.

You should have added an "if" to that first sentence. You made it sound like you were about to do time.

But I'm the one not making sense.