Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    You were exposed on how possessions work in that other thread as well, genius. You started your flawed premise here about a year ago, and yet continue to make fool out of yourself based on a premise that's easily exposed by people who watch, play and understand the game.
    Same nameless guy in some nameless thread exposed me but none of you actually remember how he did it? Why can't you guys just write the argument that supposedly "destroyed" me again. Its not like you have anything better to talk about. You are still fawning over Jordan for the millionth time.

Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    The 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls, considered one of the GREATEST DEFENSIVE TEAMS of ALL-TIME with MJ, Pippen, Rodman, and Harper.....had a D-Rating of 101.8.....Just in the year 2000 alone, there were 9 TEAMS with a D-Rating better than that, LOL!!!! DEEERRRRRR!!!!

PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN SON, you can't win over common sense.

I didnt see an answer to my question. If they are one of the greatest defenses of all time whyy did they give up more points per possession than 9 teams in 2000?

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Why did the 2003 Wizards give up less points per possession than the 1991 Bulls?
    Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe they um.......let me think ......... perhaps held on to the ball a bit longer during the 24 second clock each possession maybe?

Amazing how the context and era suddenly become important around here for this stat but not for any offensive stats coming from the same era. Keep the inflated offensive stats ignored the inflated defensive stats.

You guys are like a broken record of excuses. I wish you would have a meeting so you could come up with a consistent logical viewpoint.
    Logical? That coming from you?

I'm exposed by people who don't even know what it means?

Its not a points per game measure, its points per possession.
    Who said it was a PPG measure? I brought up possessions for a reason, twit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe they um.......let me think ......... perhaps held on to the ball a bit longer during the 24 second clock each possession maybe?
    Do you know what per possession means? It makes no difference if its a fast or slow paced offense. Its points divided by the number of possessions

oh no, he came back with this shit again...

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't know I seem to think quitting a season and a half worth of games and costing your teammates a good chance of two titles is greater than quitting 15 mins of a game when a team is going nowhere.

I imagine if Pippen instead of Jordan was the player fooling around with the Barons the mythologists would have a different spin on it.
    He clearly left for personal reasons. If Pippen's dad died and then he retired, no one would give him the sh*t that you're giving Jordan. Quitting in a game is completely different because his teammates/fans have a different expectation of him. If you're going to play the game, play with 100% effort. The offseason is not an inappropriate time to quit, as opposed to the middle of a season, playoff run, or game. Its not like a player can't only retire because of old age or injury. What the hell should it matter to him if it means the likes of BJ Armstrong doesn't get an extra title? He was the biggest reason for their success anyway.

If you don't understand the huge difference you clearly have an agenda or just dumb as shit.

Same nameless guy in some nameless thread exposed me but none of you actually remember how he did it? Why can't you guys just write the argument that supposedly "destroyed" me again. Its not like you have anything better to talk about. You are still fawning over Jordan for the millionth time.
    Dude, don't play dumb. You know damn well you read every post in that thread, and got boxed in, based on how "defense rating" actually works, in relation to how late or early teams shoot, based on the shot clock. quit playin'

Great college starter

I didnt see an answer to my question. If they are one of the greatest defenses of all time whyy did they give up more points per possession than 9 teams in 2000?

There have been 3 other posters here who already answered your question.

LONGER possessions of the ball in the 24 seconds they have to take a shot, less running game....slower pace.

DERRRR!!!!

Do you know what per possession means? It makes no difference if its a fast or slow paced offense. Its points divided by the number of possessions

And what determines number of possessions? Oh yeah, that's right, TIME does. (You know, that big ole clock on top of the hoop that's counting down the number of minutes left in the game?

You do know that the league in 2003 shot (600+) more 3PA than in 1991, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    There have been 3 other posters here who already answered your question.

LONGER possessions of the ball in the 24 seconds they have to take a shot, less running game....slower pace.

DERRRR!!!!
    Team 1 takes has a slow place and scores 50 points in 50 possessions

Team 2 has a fast pace and scores 100 points in 100 possessions

The opposing team defensive rating for the game 100.0 for both games

Great college starter

If the defense was actually better, then it would show up in the FG%'s....but the eFG% of both the 2000's and the late 80's and early 90's is damn near identical....now why is that???

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You do know that the league in 2003 shot about 600+ more 3PA, right?
    yeah and? what percentage did they make?