Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Just successfully made my Ghost Box

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Yep I did, but I'll reserve judgement if you don't mind. I think from now on you should post the audio clips without telling people what you think they say first, and then post what you make out of them a day or two later. That way you would avoid pareidolia and influencing people.
    Yea. I did that with a few buddies. Sent them audio and said "What do you hear?". For the first two... everybody I asked unanimously said the first clip said "No" and the second one said "Hey guys". With the 3rd and 4th clips they are definitely not Class A and open to interpretation.

Yea it's cool if you reserve judgement. I wish you all lived in Cali so I could take you with and show you all this in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You don't need to admit it was a paranormal voice but to deny it's clearly saying "No" is sad.
    No, what is sad is that you're trying to convince yourself that you're clearly hearing voices from beyond communicating through your precious $200 audio recorder. But whatever, you've already made your mind up and won't let skeptics persuade you otherwise no matter what. It just has to be ghost. It couldn't possibly be anything else since it's $200! $200! I guess there's no point trying to talk sense into people like you. You won't even consider alternate explanations...

Why would I specifically want to hear a certain word man?
    To validate what you're doing, and so that you can convince yourself that you're not wasting time and money and you don't feel silly doing this pseudoscientific stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    No, what is sad is that you're trying to convince yourself that you're clearly hearing voices from beyond communicating through your precious $200 audio recorder. But whatever, you've already made your mind up and won't let skeptics persuade you otherwise no matter what. It just has to be ghost. It couldn't possibly be anything else since it's $200! $200! I guess there's no point trying to talk sense into people like you. You won't even consider alternate explanations...

To validate what you're doing, and so that you can convince yourself that you're not wasting time and money and you don't feel silly doing this pseudoscientific stuff.
    Haha dude you're a massive hypocrite. You're accusing me of being close minded when you're the epitome of it. I accept that there could be another explantion but to deny the actual "no"word is lame. I'm at least open to the non paranormal even though I experiened it myself.

You on the other hand are questioning my logic, sanity and being completely closeminded and flat out douchy about it. It's unlikely it was anything natural based on the circumstances and equipment. You're clearly one of those guys who could get slapped in the head by a ghost and see one and still try to explain it logically.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18

Clippsfan, your cool man.. but jackass is completely right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Clippsfan, your cool man.. but jackass is completely right about this.
    You're welcome to come experience it with us some time. You guys don't need to believe in ghosts but don't call me a liar or naive. It's clear what word is being said in the first two videos and I converted the file to Wav and slowed it, amplified it and listened to it 20 times. Whether or not you think it was me, the wind or a friend the sound clearly sounds like "No". Download a media analyzing program free and see for yourself.

I don't think you guys realize how rare a Class EVP is. We watched 2 episodes of Ghost Adventues today and their EVP's weren't nearly as clear despite superior equipment and being in much more historical places. Any of you guys that live in So Cal are welcome to be my guest for an investigation.

I seriously hope one day someones able to find out if their really are things such as ''ghosts'' or spirits

its kinda like the whole 'is life outside of Earth' debate (i think there is)

really interests me a lot but there has never been any proof about ghosts, I'm not sure if I believe in them, sometimes our brain plays a lot of tricks with us

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    I seriously hope one day someones able to find out if their really are things such as ''ghosts'' or spirits

really interests me a lot but there has never been any proof about ghosts, I'm not sure if I believe in them, sometimes our brain plays a lot of tricks with us
    All it takes is one personal experience to believe. There is tons of physical, non circumstantial evidence. Problem is everyone thinks the strong evidence is a hoax. It's a life changing experience. In our case we weren't paranoid or afraid so the whole mind playing tricks on your mind deal didn't happen. Luckily for us we all had great vibes and the spirits were very responsive and friendly. To the point to where I feel guilty for bugging them.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch

thing is, its impossible to disprove them, so wither they are proven to exist, or we just dont know. we wont ever know for a fact that they dont exist.

fwiw i dont believe in ghosts at all

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I've two experiences with ghosts, and whenever I tell people about it they think I'm a loony.

I usually save my ghost story for a get together or something when people are half-dunk.
    I thought these guys wanted some evidence... I guess I should have expected people to doubt my sanity and the authenticity of my evidence. At the end of the day I'm doing it for myself anyways so w/e .

I don't believe in life after death, but stuff like this interests me. No matter how hardcore someone is about their beliefs you cant discredit the possibility of those things existing.

Hope you find something that will close the gap completely and gives us something real to look at. I used to be pretty open minded about this kind of stuff as a kid and went to a few haunted locations for fun, I felt more adrenaline than any kind of presence. I asked them to show me something and received nothing.

Serious playground baller

Today is a busy day (about to go scout out some locations then tonight another investigation) but I'll definitely share my stories with you guys from my past, no problem. I'll probably get to it on Monday or Tues.

BTW last night was successful in the sense that contact was made but I got no evidence really besides my EMF detector going apesh*t. I also got 1 EVP that I concluded wasn't one of our voices or our breathing but it's not understandable so not worth posting really.

I went to Riverside's Mission Inn and Castle Park which is a REALLY creepy arcade/fun park (like Camelot or Bullwinkle's). I was told that to investigate Castle Park at night I need to get managers approval which I'll be doing today. I'm going to go to the cemetery right now see how I can sneak in after dark. I'm also going to see if I can find an entrance to the city catacombs.
    Are you talking about the Castle Park in the Valley? The one on Sepulveda and Ventura?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe681
    Are you talking about the Castle Park in the Valley? The one on Sepulveda and Ventura?
    Naw. Riverside CA man.

Haha dude you're a massive hypocrite. You're accusing me of being close minded when you're the epitome of it. I accept that there could be another explantion but to deny the actual "no"word is lame. I'm at least open to the non paranormal even though I experiened it myself.
    You were acting douchy, so what do you expect? You obviously don't want to listen to anything other people completely agreeing with your assessments, and don't want to even consider alternate possibilities, which is a major problem with people who do this sort of stuff. And, no, I'm the not the close-minded one. I didn't arrive at my current opinions willy-nilly. I actually believed in all of this stuff for a long, long time. Also, I never said that it's 100% something else, but was merely suggesting something you don't want to hear. Why are you so adamant about "no"? Is it because you said it or someone you were with? Are you aware how easy it is to trick the human mind?

You on the other hand are questioning my logic, sanity and being completely closeminded and flat out douchy about it. It's unlikely it was anything natural based on the circumstances and equipment. You're clearly one of those guys who could get slapped in the head by a ghost and see one and still try to explain it logically.
    Yep, no point trying to talk sense into someone like you. Just remember every time the wind blows it's not actually the wind, but a ghost. Every time you hear a house/building settling it's not a mundane occurrence, but a ghost. Every time you see your own shadow it's not your shadow, but a ghost.
    Last edited by Jackass18; 11-08-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Banned

Did the managers really let you in to castle park at night to bumble around?

What you need to capture is legit answers from otherworldly clear voices, not just fuzzy feedback.
    \
    Have u done tyhat yet?