Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadwood

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Deadwood

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Hey, so, this AV Club user (smart guy) did like a long post on the best shows in TV, ever, and Deadwood was in his top 3... didn't read too much to avoid possible spoilers, but I did catch him saying its a flawed show... why could/would that be?

Biggest problem with the series was it was cut short due to finances. It was meant to go for so many seasons to tell the story but due to contract problems and it being such an expensive show to shoot they rushed it and the last season is spent trying to wrap up a series that needed another 13 shows

Still one of the best series ever if you like westerns... actually spent a day touring the film lot in Newhall Ca. where it was shot..

Quote Originally Posted by gts

Biggest problem with the series was it was cut short due to finances. It was meant to go for so many seasons to tell the story but due to contract problems and it being such an expensive show to shoot they rushed it and the last season is spent trying to wrap up a series that needed another 13 shows

Still one of the best series ever if you like westerns... actually spent a day touring the film lot in Newhall Ca. where it was shot..

hm, yeah maybe its the fact they had to wrap everything up so quickly... thats gotta suck hard. So much prepared material and gotta cut it down while still maintaining a reasonable storyline with the highlights and understandable for the viewer.

Since Hannibal is getting cancelled after this 3rd season, they're doing it differently.. they're not rushing it but waiting to publish the rest somewhere else.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Some marginally optimistic news about a possible Deadwood film. Optimistic enough that HBO at least had to address the matter. However this article is probably close to the tone I'd take as far as anticipation. Still good news though.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...er-to-reality/

I just realized watching the clip in that article that the blond prostitute who was sort of the leader, who was involved with John Hawkes' character, is Ray Donovan's wife. And this season of Ray Donovan features Ian McShane. I don't know why but those clusters of casting always interest me.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Some marginally optimistic news about a possible Deadwood film. Optimistic enough that HBO at least had to address the matter. However this article is probably close to the tone I'd take as far as anticipation. Still good news though.

I just realized watching the clip in that article that the blond prostitute who was sort of the leader, who was involved with John Hawkes' character, is Ray Donovan's wife. And this season of Ray Donovan features Ian McShane. I don't know why but those clusters of casting always interest me.
    She was on Sons of Anarchy too, which also had a lot of Deadwood people o n it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    She was on Sons of Anarchy too, which also had a lot of Deadwood people o n it.

She was part of the Irish chapter?

Sons did have a lot Deadwood guys in it. I don't watch Justified, but I've heard that had a ton of Deadwood guys too.

I actually found a link from Deadwood to FX.

http://mitchblum.com/2013/10/18/15-d...nd-work-at-fx/

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

I actually found a link from Deadwood to FX.

http://mitchblum.com/2013/10/18/15-d...nd-work-at-fx/
    dan dority is one of those 'that guy' actors...he pops up everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    dan dority is one of those 'that guy' actors...he pops up everywhere.

Yeah, he was just the flatulent suspicious Teague Dixon on this past season of True Detective.

And he was the voice of Bill in The Last of Us video game, which was a great character, and right up his alley.

I was considering starting to watch Rectify on Netflix, but I might have to go with Justify instead.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

If true, I couldn't have picked a more perfect time to begin deifying this show. No decade-long pining for me... only about a year.

Great news.