Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubioooo

Default Re: Ricky Rubioooo

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
    People might not be hyping him up as much now, but they definitely did before. If he plays well, good for him. I just don't think he's going to be good, and I hope he proves me right.
    I can agree with if you don't think he's going to be good. However I don't think I'll ever be able to understand why you'd hope someone proves you right about them being a bust. Every player I've claimed is a bust I hope they prove me wrong because I like to see young players reach their potential.

But none the less that's your perspective

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    I can agree with if you don't think he's going to be good. However I don't think I'll ever be able to understand why you'd hope someone proves you right about them being a bust. Every player I've claimed is a bust I hope they prove me wrong because I like to see young players reach their potential.

But none the less that's your perspective
    Don't get me wrong, I usually like to see young players develop and reach their potential. Theres just something about Rubio, he's like the exception to the rule for me haha. Frig I even wanted Thabeet to do well.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

i think rubio will be solid and if he builds enough confidence he just might be great in a few years, i dont think adelman will help him THAT much, his a great coach but i dont think his that great with rookies were he will turn them into superstars

I hope that he will do fine, but I seriously doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    In the 2010-11 season with Barcelona he averaged
    5.9 PPG, 32.1 FG%, 4 APG, 3.3 RPG in 22.9 MPG.

Luke Ridnour eat your heart out.

what did brandon jennings average in europe again?

oh yeah . . .

euro stats dont translate to nba stats. rubio, like jennings before him was in a very unique situation.

Show me some of these NBA PG's stats in Europe.
    Jennings, Lawson, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Show me some of these NBA PG's stats in Europe.
    Jennings, Lawson, etc.
    The funny thing is Rubio's game is shaped for Euro style play and he puts up that garbage. He can't shoot and lacks athleticism, doesn't run a team well. What can he do?

I think he'll be good but not like All NBA good

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    The funny thing is Rubio's game is shaped for Euro style play and he puts up that garbage. He can't shoot and lacks athleticism, doesn't run a team well. What can he do?
    That's contradicting what most say. Most say that good shooters and gritty defenders thrive in the NBA, that's why people thought Rondo and Westbrook (at the time wasn't considered the best shooter) would struggle in FIBA ball. I think Rubio's game is more fitted for the NBA actually. I'm not saying he'll be a star, but I think he'll end up as a solid starting PG.

And I don't think there's any doubt that his game is perfect for that type of "barn-storming/ pick up type" game. That's why he had so many nice highlights, a fast game with no set offense where you just play freely and little to no defense.

cant wait to see him in the NBA.... love the dudes passing ability & court vision....

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    That's contradicting what most say. Most say that good shooters and gritty defenders thrive in the NBA, that's why people thought Rondo and Westbrook (at the time wasn't considered the best shooter) would struggle in FIBA ball. I think Rubio's game is more fitted for the NBA actually. I'm not saying he'll be a star, but I think he'll end up as a solid starting PG.

And I don't think there's any doubt that his game is perfect for that type of "barn-storming/ pick up type" game. That's why he had so many nice highlights, a fast game with no set offense where you just play freely and little to no defense.
    Rondo is an elite defender, Westbrook is an elite slasher. Rubio is neither of those.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Rondo is an elite defender, Westbrook is an elite slasher. Rubio is neither of those.
    Yawn keep reaching I remember very few people calling Rondo and elite defender when he first entered the leauge.

The way you're posting it seems like Rubio already played 3 years in the nba and is incapable of doing anything.

College superstar

rick adleman will give rubio jason williams in sacramento type of minutes if he lands the starting gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Yawn keep reaching I remember very few people calling Rondo and elite defender when he first entered the leauge.

The way you're posting it seems like Rubio already played 3 years in the nba and is incapable of doing anything.
    I call bullshit on that, Rondo was a great defender in college.