Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is there a worse starting wing combo than Salmons and Thornton?

I honestly forget the Kings exist.

I honestly can't see them making the playoffs in the next 10 years. The franchise is just such a mess.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    I can't for the life of me understand how two undersized, no D scrubs can be earning 7-8million a season while bricking open shots and providing nothing to a basketball team. I have never seen so much ****ing dead weight in my life. Both are logging in crazy playing time Thornton just played 40mins of his playing garbage D and bricking like no 2morro.

Salmons is averaging 5.8ppg 28% (mainly on open looks) and dribbling the ball aimlessly none stop

Thornton 9.6ppg on 35% with lots of open looks and plenty of Nick Young like chucks. To top it all off he's probably the most negative player from a body language point of view I have ever seen and that's a lot coming from a Kings fan.

The PF's have sucked to but won't get into that at least they visible try but are simply overmatched. Last time I checked Kings were not even trying to tank yet we are doing a better job than anyone else.

Start the rookie #M16 already and I can't believe I'm saying this but more Travis Outlaw it's that bad atm smh
    Steve blake n nick young

NBA sixth man of the year

I always thought Salmons was pretty bad but I actually though Thornton was pretty decent at least when I watch him play. He always seems to be making shots. But honestly I never pay attention to his defense. I didn't know it was that bad....

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    Steve blake n nick young
    Blake has probably hit more shots than Salmons/Thornton combined plus a game winner and he hustles on D he alone is better than both at this point.

Banned

beal with that ray allen like stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    beal with that ray allen like stroke
    You mean Mclemore? Beal plays for the Wizards!

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

as of right now, probably not.

I was just thinking, Kings need McLemore to hurry up and develop to a top-level scorer if Thornton is going to play like he has been. The starters rely way too much on Cousins. They need a definitive 2nd scorer in that starting line-up (and keep Isaiah on the bench, he's such a great spark plug).

I've been calling for Prince Luc to start over Salmons and he's been getting more PT gradually since his return. Outlaw has been a big surprise to me. Either way, Outlaw or Prince Luc should start over Salmons (I'd say Outlaw would be better off the bench as a spark plug).

As for Thornton?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    I believe Thornton is one of those players that would benefit from a change of scenery. I'd love him on our Spurs' second unit. If nothing else, he's a good scorer. He just needs to get out of Sac.
    Yeah, I think he's just mentally worn out. Sharing time w/ Tyreke for a couple years and now having to warm the SG seat for McLemore. You can tell he's not into it at all. He'd flourish on a team where is role is 100% defined. Kind of like when he was the definitive starter while Tyreke was injured.

McLemore has shown signs of elite ability, but is inconsistent. But given Thornton's apparent apathy, I'd say McLemore has to start now. Thornton's play may worsen b/c of it, but just bench his ass and play Jimmer as the backup 2. Or even Salmons.

Prince Luc and Outlaw can both play 3 and small 4. Salmons can play 3 and 2. Jimmer can play 1 and 2. Plenty of flexibility to rotate the wings w/o Thornton, while focusing on developing McLemore.

http://www.news10.net/video/28249873...ngs-Head-Coach
    yeah, great interview. Love Malone. Yeah changes should be made. Not just Thornton looking bad, but Chuck Hayes has looked pretty lackadaisy at times too, which is surprising. JT has put forth the effort but has been pretty sloppy at times.

Given how the season going, I'd make these rotation adjustments:
    - Cousins, 2Pat, Prince Luc, McLemore, Vasquez start
    - JT, Outlaw, Salmons, Isaiah rotate in.
    - Jimmer and Chuck here or there as needed. Maybe even McCallum Jr, he looked good in Summer League... >_>
    - Landry for sure once he returns in a few months.
    - Thornton gets the Gatorade for teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    I've been calling for Prince Luc to start over Salmons and he's been getting more PT gradually since his return. Outlaw has been a big surprise to me. Either way, Outlaw or Prince Luc should start over Salmons (I'd say Outlaw would be better off the bench as a spark plug).

Prince Luc should play starting PF, Patterson and JT are piss weak and don't contribute anything, start Outlaw he gives energy at the very worst.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Popeyes has the bst wing combo by far.

Banned

worst franchise in the league playing out of the worst city in Cali. Seriously, why does Sactown even have an NBA franchise Shut that shit down Stern

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Prince Luc should play starting PF, Patterson and JT are piss weak and don't contribute anything, start Outlaw he gives energy at the very worst.
    I think Outlaw is best off the bench. I'm not sure he can maintain his energetic performance for 30+ mins each game. He works way better as a spark plug off the bench, imo.

As for 4, yeah, it's really a toss-up. I like 2Pat a lot, he's smart, hustles, and is pretty well-skilled w/ a good shot. He's just not been performing well this young season (remember, it is only 6 games in... still 76 more to go!). JT has been inconsistent his whole career. He has 14/9 type starting potential, but...you just can't rely on him as a starter or bench player. Disappointing really.

Losing has the potential to have a snowball effect. Players like 2Pat, JT, Thornton even, etc, seem to get worse and worse the more they lose.

I think Outlaw is best off the bench. I'm not sure he can maintain his energetic performance for 30+ mins each game. He works way better as a spark plug off the bench, imo.

As for 4, yeah, it's really a toss-up. I like 2Pat a lot, he's smart, hustles, and is pretty well-skilled w/ a good shot. He's just not been performing well this young season (remember, it is only 6 games in... still 76 more to go!). JT has been inconsistent his whole career. He has 14/9 type starting potential, but...you just can't rely on him as a starter or bench player. Disappointing really.

Losing has the potential to have a snowball effect. Players like 2Pat, JT, Thornton even, etc, seem to get worse and worse the more they lose.
    Ppat been disapointment of the season so far for me, he's just not doing the things he did last season, Thompson has been dreadful and the dude bitches more than any player, I'm not even worried about Thornton he quit on us a long time ago.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Marcus Thornton, doesn't start tonight comes off the bench and is having a pretty good game.

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Marcus Thornton, doesn't start tonight comes off the bench and is having a pretty good game.
    yeah I think coming off the bench may have motivated him to step his game up. Good for him not to just be disgruntled and throw in the towel after being benched. Malone says he's gonna keep the starting line up as is and see how goes. If Thornton can be an elite bench player, that'd be awesome.

yeah I think coming off the bench may have motivated him to step his game up. Good for him not to just be disgruntled and throw in the towel after being benched. Malone says he's gonna keep the starting line up as is and see how goes. If Thornton can be an elite bench player, that'd be awesome.
    Yeah hopefully Thornton can be a elite bench player that would give us some insane backcourt bench scoring with him and IT with Patterson chipping in (played well off the bench 2night).

I didn't notice Salmons at all tonight so that was a huge improvement normally I see how awful he is but tonight it's like he was not there but he was.