Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

Default Re: Nowitzki::::My main goal is now The NBA championship

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Dirk has another "star" not a superstar but he has Josh Howard who averaged 20/7 last year. You missed the point. I said that as the MAIN star he wouldn't win a championship, and he hasn't. I'm saying he'd win as a complementary offensive option.

edit: and Dirk, Redd and Davis would not win a championship either.
    I mean I guess you could just say if the Mavs hadn't choked it away 2 seasons ago, these talks wouldn't be occurring. Kinda sucks for Dirk, but I guess I kinda have to agree now. Dirk's window is closing. The Mavs don't have as many great players and options to trade as they used to and Cuban's too stubborn a guy to give up on his Howard/Dirk core as someone has pointed out. I guess I do think Dirk's best bet for a ring would be a trade, but I don't think Dirk plays 2nd fiddle on many teams, especially not offensively so I guess that's where I disagree

EDIT: Dirk, Redd, Davis would be horrendous on defense...

Myrrh

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    I think he needs to go to another Team, He's the Cancer in Dallas. [/url]
    That's like saying Duncan's the reason SA didn't win a title last year

Quote Originally Posted by ruslan
    lol isn't everyones main goal is to win a championship?
    Larry Hughes plays for "fun".

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Heretik32
    That's like saying Duncan's the reason SA didn't win a title last year

.. Duncan HAS WON NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS. Dirk has none..

I want to see Dirk play on my Team, and he's a perfect compliment to LeBron James because of his remarkable outside shooting, and Dirk is the greatest European that ever played in the NBA.

I can see why people would take the quotes from Dirk the wrong way. He states "my main goal NOW ..." like it was never his main focus. I mean he played hard, you dont go 67 wins and make a finals appearance as the main option without having that goal.

Even though a talented individual, he is somewhat of a soft player. I dont think he is a leader and I dont think he can lead a team to a championship. I think Josh Howard is more reliable overall (even though he has no played well since the Kidd trade). And that was the reason for the Kidd trade, to bring in veteran leadership to run the team even though it didnt work out so well.

Saw a basketball once

I may be in the minority but I think that Dirk can be the number 1 guy. Sure he has taken some vicious hits (The Golden State fiasco and the series against the Heat) but I think that he's stepped up big time and had some big games for Dallas at crucial times (when he dropped 50 and 11 against the Suns in a crucial game 5 in the Western Conference Finals). I just don't think that they have the right mix around Dirk right now, maybe it would be better for both parties if Dirk left or was traded. I think he gets the soft label cause' he's a Euro...it's the same story in hockey the European players are considered softer than the North American players.

I personally don't think he's any softer than Kevin Garnett...KG just acts out a lot beating his chest and all that foolishness...but when it's time to buck up he's backpeddling.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by mamba314
    I may be in the minority but I think that Dirk can be the number 1 guy. Sure he has taken some vicious hits (The Golden State fiasco and the series against the Heat) but I think that he's stepped up big time and had some big games for Dallas at crucial times (when he dropped 50 and 11 against the Suns in a crucial game 5 in the Western Conference Finals). I just don't think that they have the right mix around Dirk right now, maybe it would be better for both parties if Dirk left or was traded. I think he gets the soft label cause' he's a Euro...it's the same story in hockey the European players are considered softer than the North American players.

I personally don't think he's any softer than Kevin Garnett...KG just acts out a lot beating his chest and all that foolishness...but when it's time to buck up he's backpeddling.
    GARNETT WAS IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT, HE COULD NOT LEAD A TEAM TO A CHAMPIONSHIP RING AS THE NUMBER ONE OPTION EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE THOUGHT HE COULD. SEE HOW EFFECTIVE HE WAS IN BOSTON LAST YEAR WHEN HE WAS NOT THE 1ST OPTION. I THINK DIRK IS IN THE SAME BOAT.

add ai to the mavs line up

Imagine what dallas could get for dirk if they trade wisely ... i reckon they could be great if they pick up 2 solid players

Saw a basketball once

GARNETT WAS IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT, HE COULD NOT LEAD A TEAM TO A CHAMPIONSHIP RING AS THE NUMBER ONE OPTION EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE THOUGHT HE COULD. SEE HOW EFFECTIVE HE WAS IN BOSTON LAST YEAR WHEN HE WAS NOT THE 1ST OPTION. I THINK DIRK IS IN THE SAME BOAT.
    I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment...put Dirk with another star player and that's a dangerous team. Not to say that Josh Howard and Jason Terry are chopped live but I think that trio has had it's run and the year they lost to the Heat in finals was their year to win it with this core. They cannot get past Los Angeles, New Orleans, San Antonio, Houston, or Utah with this current roster...I think it's best for both Dirk and the Mavs to part ways IMO.

dirk did came closer to winning it all as unquestioned no.1 option than many, many guys who are considered "tough" and "clutch".

i seriously think he's became quite underrated now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    I can see why people would take the quotes from Dirk the wrong way. He states "my main goal NOW ..." like it was never his main focus. I mean he played hard, you dont go 67 wins and make a finals appearance as the main option without having that goal.

Even though a talented individual, he is somewhat of a soft player. I dont think he is a leader and I dont think he can lead a team to a championship. I think Josh Howard is more reliable overall (even though he has no played well since the Kidd trade). And that was the reason for the Kidd trade, to bring in veteran leadership to run the team even though it didnt work out so well.
    That's because, while Kidd is a great leader, that's not what they needed. Mark Cuban stupidly picked up Kidd with their 2007 loss to the Warriors in mind. And they indeed had a team that could've now beaten that team, however their best bet would've been to either emulate what the Lakers had done, or else keep their current team in tact if nothing better was available.

Agreed. Dirk could use another superstar where he can play off him. The problem in Dallas is that no one really is that much of a threat except Dirk and sometimes Howard. No inside presence whatsoever. That team is just not constructed well at this point. They really have always needed a real post player to play inside outside with Dirk.

Dirk is one of my favorite players. People dont understand the work ethic this guy has and the toughness he has. Remember last year when he sparained his ankle and tweaked his knee at the same time? Yea I think he missed likt one or 2 games. He has heart, and it unfortunate that the Mavs choked the title away. But a change of scenery could re-amp his career bc the clock is ticking