Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Why didnt anyone post aboute CSKA Bilbao ? I thought it would be close game after first halftime but in third quarter Teodosic took over the game .
    It wasn't a very good game and the result was known before tip off. The two games in Bilbao will be interesting though.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Are you saying that you think those fouls were legit and the refs didn't try to rig the game.

if so I am done with this forum for good.

There is no point staying here with just 2 decent posters in the whole forum.
    I just watched first half and I saw only 2 Spanoulis fauls . First was a faul and second is argueble .

I just watched first halftime and I saw only 2 Spanoulis fauls . First was a faul and second is argueble .
    After you watch the second half please post the truth about the refs. I want the evidence from this and the other forum, when I file a complaint against zizozain and Grinder to Jeff, about them trolling in the international section, not even allowing Euroleague fans peace in our own section.

We are supposed to be FREE FROM NBA only fan trolling as long as we stay in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    LOL
    please Grinder check out this forum between now and then ..

don't let him get away with his lies
    It's hilarious how worked up he gets about it. The obsession with Spanoulis is extremely creepy.

This game pretty much proved that Olympiacos plays well with or without Skatoulis.

Bilbao did well to stay with CSKA for a quarter and a half but the result of the game was never in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    It's hilarious how worked up he gets about it. The obsession with Spanoulis is extremely creepy.

This game pretty much proved that Olympiacos plays well with or without Skatoulis.

Bilbao did well to stay with CSKA for a quarter and a half but the result of the game was never in doubt.
    That's it. I am sending Jeff the complaint about you, with the evidence from the other forum

AND I will be sending him the video clips of the ref rigging of the game and the phantom fouls on Spanoulis.

I hope you get banned from being allowed to troll the international section.

AND I will be sending him the video clips of the ref rigging of the game and the phantom fouls on Spanoulis.

After you watch the second half please post the truth about the refs. I want the evidence from this and the other forum, when I file a complaint against zizozain and Grinder to Jeff, about them trolling in the international section, not even allowing Euroleague fans peace in our own section.

We are supposed to be FREE FROM NBA only fan trolling as long as we stay in this section.
    I m not going to watch second half but I belive you because i read on other forums that Siena had reffs help . You didnt awnser me , do you still think Ivkovic isnt better coach ?

You didnt awnser me , do you still think Ivkovic isnt better coach ?
    I have never in my life said he isn't a better coach. I even said in this thread he was a way better coach, "not even close" was how I put it.

I merely stated the fact, that last year he was out coached in the series.

Also, if the refs continue like that, Olympiacos will likely lose the next game, and maybe even one of the games in Piraeus. Although I doubt the refs could get away with it there. But the series is not won yet, because the same reffing, if it occurs, will likely be a loss for Olympiacos in game 2. They will not win again in Siena 5 against 8, without another such game as this one, which is just not likely at all.

Siena has lost something like 2 or 3 games at home (counting Italian League and Euroleague) in the last 3-4 years.

So, unfortunately, if the refs do that again in game 2, Olympiacos might still lose the series. Because Siena is capable of winning a 50-50 evenly called game in SEF. Unlikely, but they certainly can do it.

Also, you have to give some credit to Acie Law. Regardless of his play with Partizan, Law was fantastic in the last 2 Euroleague games for Olympiacos. It's true that he isn't really a point guard. He's a lot more of a two. But nonetheless, he played really well those last 2 games.

If Olympaicos would have had him in the Greek Cup final they 100% for sure would have won the game - this coming from a PAO fan. They only lost because he was out that game.

Finally, about Ivkovic, I never meant anything crazy like Pianigiani was a better coach, or even as good as Ivkovic.

I simply stated he out coached him last year, which was totally true. Yes, Olympiacos had injury problems in that series, but Pianigiani still was making all the right coaching moves and match ups.

I am not going to change from saying that, because that is true. Ivkovic is a great coach, but he is not perfect. He got out coached last year by Pianigiani.

Coach K gets out coached. Phil Jackson got out coached. Obradovic has certainly also. It happens to every coach from time to time, no matter how great they are.

That does not mean I ever made a claim that Ivkovic is not a better coach than Pianigiani (who is also a very good coach himself). Of course he is a better coach. But all coaches have those bad series in their time. Ivkovic had one last year. That's all I meant.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-21-2012 at 07:27 PM.

I m not going to watch second half but I belive you because i read on other forums that Siena had reffs help.
    Thank you. The trolling from zizozain and Grinder was ridiculously getting out of control.

And although Ivkovic is a great coach obviously, so is Pianigiani, so I really do not see any coaching advantage to be honest. Ivkovic is better at drawing up plays for sure, but Pianigiani is better at in game adjustments, and they are both are great at preparing a team. So I don't see a lot of coaching advantage there.
    You said that there isnt a coaching advantage and that they are same .

You said that there isnt a coaching advantage and that they are same .
    That's not what I said, or if it came across that way, it was not what I meant to say. You did not understand what I said, or I termed it wrong with how I worded it.

I explained it to you as clearly as I could above.

Anyway, Olympiacos did not win this game due to Ivkovic's coaching. It was Printezis, Dorsey, Hines, Law, and Spanoulis all playing great games that won it for them.

I hope you are not trying to imply that Ivkovic was the reason they won the game?

He had a great game plan and very good scheme also, but it was the players that won the game, by playing the best they played all year.

I hope you are not trying to imply that they won simply due to their coach, because that isn't true. Olympiacos has good players, even though no one seems to want to admit that.

I mean, they have a much larger budget than Siena does. 21.5 million euros to Siena's 17 million euros, even though for some reason people think Olympiacos has a small budget, they don't. People can't seem to grasp the difference between overall budget and net income base salary of players. Two entirely different things, that Greek clubs use to term as "budget", while all other European clubs use overall budget for the term "budget.

Even though Spanoulis' salary is a lot of that, same with Ivkovic's salary, that still allows a lot of money for other good players.

And Printezis for example, is playing in the top 3 players in Europe so far this season at his position. It can't just be credited to Ivkovic. Because it's not true.

You have to be fair and say what is true. It's 50/50 the coaches and the players.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-21-2012 at 07:58 PM.

That's not what I said, or if it came across that way, it was not what I meant to say. You did not understand what I said, or I termed it wrong with how I worded it.

I explained it to you as clearly as I could above.

Anyway, Olympaicos sid not win this game due to Ivkovic's coaching. It was Prtinezis, Dorsey, Hines, Law, and Spanoulis all playing great games that won it for them.

I hope you are not trying to imply that Ivkovic was the reason they won the game?

He had a great game plan and very good scheme also, but it was the players that won the game by playing the best they played all year.

I hope you are not trying to imply that they won simply due to their coach, because that isn't true. Olympiacos has good players, even though no one seems to want to admit that.

I mean, they have a much larger budget than Siena does. 21.5 million euros to Siena's 17 million euros. Even though Spanoulis' salary is a lot of that, same with Ivkovic's salary, that still allows a lot of money for other good players.

And Prtinezis for example is playing in the top 3 players in Europe so far this season at his position. It can't just be credited to Ivkovic. Because it's not true.

You have to be fair and say what is true. It's 50/50 the coaches and the players.
    great coach makes great players . Ivkovic has found a role on the team for every player and makes the best of them . If they had some othere coach they wouldnt play this good .

great coach makes great players . Ivkovic has found a role on the team for every player and makes the best of them . If they had some othere coach they wouldnt play this good .
    Do the Lakers and Bulls win titles without Jackson? What about PAO without Obradovic?

You are underrating the players of Olympiacos. They have good players. It's not simply due to having Ivkovic. If that was the case then Olympiacos could have managed to win something more than just Greek Cup last year, when they had by far and away the biggest budget in Europe, with something like 4-5 million euros higher budget than even CSKA.

Of course Ivkovic makes any team better. But you are underrating the players of Olympiacos to imply that it is simply due to their coach.

Just because Kobe and Jordan had Jackson as their coach should not mean that they deserve less credit for winning titles.

I can't see how for example, Batiste and Diamantidis deserve less credit than Obradovic, for instance.

So, it's totally unfair to credit Ivkovic with more than 50% of the credit.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-21-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Olympiacos was unbelievable against Siena...........

Even with the refs doing everything they could to help Siena and about 5 phantom or wrong fouls on Spanoulis, which was obviously intended to fix the game by the refs they STILL won, even with Andersen having easily the game of his whole life.

Even overcame a 10 point deficit late in the game.........

DAMN what a game by them. I am a PAO fan but that was epic. All time classic in Olympiacos history.

Siena really disappointed me, they played really bad in the 4th quarter.

Why didnt anyone post aboute CSKA Bilbao ? I thought it would be close game after first halftime but in third quarter Teodosic took over the game .
    Nobody expects us to win a single game, c'mon...
    If we force a 4th game, the tickets are free for anybody who bought a ticket for game 3.