Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Sixers met with Allen Iverson Nov. 30, and on Dec 2 agreed to a deal

I'm a happy camper right now.
    He should've never left Philly in the first place, I can't recall if he was forcing his way out or if the FO was desperately trying to get rid of him back in 06.
    Either way, had he stayed put, we as basketball fans, would've better memories from the Allen Iverson era in the NBA. Once he retired for good, he would have been remembered as Reggie Miller or Stockton/Malone, a great player who gave all he had to his team, was loyal to the organization and it's fan base, but ultimately couldn't bring a ring to his city.
    That's a pretty good legacy if you asked me, but he managed to destroy his reputation over the past 3 years... hopefully he can change it back during his second stint with the Sixers.

Having said that (lol Curb...) I don't think this move makes Philadelphia significantly better, actually I don't see how that improves then much at all.
    But one thing is for sure, a lot of people will be making an effort to catch Sixers games on TV...
    Last edited by The_Walrus; 12-02-2009 at 01:28 PM.

Default Re: Sixers met with Allen Iverson Nov. 30, and on Dec 2 agreed to a deal

Nice, Iverson's first game is on my B-Day.

I haven't seen him play for a while now and I'm talking since he's been with the pistons. I didn't get to see him play as a grizzly but then again that did last long so... I'm definitely catching this Denver game.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Man I'm pumped to see Iverson actually play again and get some good minutes. I want to see him destroy the Pistons.

Glad to see AI come home... I might get some tickets just for the nostalgia of it all..

It's nice that he went back to Philly and hopefully he'll retire there but it's kind of sad knowing that he could have signed with the Lakers, Boston, Cleveland, or the Magic for the same price (vet's minimum) during the offseason or even after Memphis if he would have shown any sort of example at all that he would act right and maybe change himself for the better this time. Instead he takes the 10mil year deal at Memphis which is drastically overpaid for him at this stage and then sits on the bench for 2 games and then gets released.

Seriously..

OK where is junkifunki at? AI is back with the Sixers we need that guy back on these boards to make it really official.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    It's nice that he went back to Philly and hopefully he'll retire there but it's kind of sad knowing that he could have signed with the Lakers, Boston, Cleveland, or the Magic for the same price (vet's minimum) during the offseason or even after Memphis if he would have shown any sort of example at all that he would act right and maybe change himself for the better this time. Instead he takes the 10mil year deal at Memphis which is drastically overpaid for him at this stage and then sits on the bench for 2 games and then gets released.

Seriously..
    I thought Memphis deal was for 3 million, which is around the vet minimum for someone with 15 years in the league or something like he has...

Anyways, I'm glad he's back in Philly and I've been calling for it since last year. He makes perfect sense there, and I'd actually like to see Sweet Lou stay on the bench and go back to being an instant offense guy. If AI just plays 30 minutes a night as a combo guard in the Princeton, he'll be a great pick up. He'll probably average something like 18 a game since he'll be playing fewer minutes, but he gives them a good playmaker and might even work out as a de facto point guard.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Man I'm pumped to see Iverson actually play again and get some good minutes. I want to see him destroy the Pistons.
    You're not the only one. I hope they'll be at full strength next week. Does anyone know if Rip and Tayshaun will be playing?

http://www.nba.com/gallery/iverson/career1_18.html

Not sure if Vinny is ready to verse him again.

Watch Brand and Iggy now get an extra spring in their step. They have been doing ok lately, but now they have another 'win at all costs' player with them.
    Dont be surprised by a scrappy 76ers team (starting the below) causing an upset or 2 come playoff time:

Lou Williams
    AI
    Iggy
    Thad
    Brand

sounds like the perfect plot to a basketball movie.. i don't think they're gonna win a championship anytime soon if ever, but it would be pretty sick if they can get far into the playoffs and do some damage.. the best way to leave the game for philly's own adopted son..

Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

He's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I hope Philly starts Williams

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    This is it for AI. He blows this chance and no Sane GM will ever again will take a chance on him.I personaly think this time around he'll make a concerted effort, but will that be good enough?all you can do is wish him all the best.
    Why should he have even gotten this chance? He went cancer on his last team after the 2nd game. Quit on them. Quit on his teammates. He's a cancer and quitter ---- this is a proven fact, not opinion. Why does he deserve this chance?