Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Default Re: The Sandy Hook Hoax (VIDEO)

If these rampant conspiracy theories prove anything it's that people are becoming more and more distrustful of government. Whether you want to look at poor economic times or other factors it's up to you, but the reaction certainly is telling.

That's the best thing about this recent 2012 paranoia bullshit. At least it will be definitively proven to be absolutely insane on December 21st (or maybe by the New Year depending on how stupid your opinion on the subject is).

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

So we have a few clowns here crying conspiracy, but can you people honestly answer the most important question that is about to be thrown to you? Are you ready?

You say it's a conspiracy. And I ask you, for what purpose???

Please do not respond back with Gun Control. The 2nd Amendment will live on forever. There are too many guns in the hands of many good Americans to threaten with a crooked government.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    This is quite silly though. The fact that "Sandy Hook" appears on a map in The Dark Knight Rises is pure coincidence,
    "You're a detective now. ... You don't have room to believe in coincidence"

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    "You're a detective now. ... You don't have room to believe in coincidence"

When it comes down to conspiracy theories, I always weigh the risk vs. reward. What would the government gain from such an incident, and what is the risk if people find out.

The truth is, in almost every recent conspiracy theory, the risks simply outweigh rewards. For example, the government could use this tragedy at Sandy Hook to implement more gun control over it's citizens... but if this plot were ever discovered, the country would literally rip itself apart. If word that our government murdered 27 innocent people including 20 children as a political plow, the country would fall straight into a civil war.

this is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard of

shame on all those that think its true, more shame on those making the initial claims

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    such bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Nut?

It is a position of rationality: if you do not know every secret within in the US government, then how can you proclaim there are no conspiracies?

A conspiracy is digging for answers; it is a position of not knowing (which is the logical correct position); it is asking questions because it sees anamolies. It is rational and logical.

Your position, "OH HELL NAWZ, YOU CAN'T BE QUESTIONING!!" is retarded, ignorant, illogical, and plain out stupid.

Your premise is wrong. Not knowing and asking further questions is the logical position because, guess what, we don't know sh*t.
    Where did I say you shouldn't question? Sure you should. But when you look you look at this situation you'll see there is nothing there. Nothing, except a f*cked up kid who took his Mom's guns and went a shot a bunch of innocent kids. F*cked up sh!t happens in this world, and it's not always a conspiracy.

Like I get it... creating conspiracy theories is really no different than creating religion. Religion puts everything in order in a very chaotic world. It puts people's mind at ease... the idea that there is some divine plan for us laid out by a supernatural being is so much easier for the human mind to come to terms with than it is for us to think that we're part of this chaotic universe where things happen for seemingly no reason at all.

Conspiracies are the same. It's easier for the mind to grasp that this was some large planned event that some anonymous great minds have perfectly shaped, rather than that this was some random event perpetrated by some messed up individual that could have happened to anyone (or anyone's kids) at any point in time.

Sometimes there are no answers as to 'why'. Sorry, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    If these rampant conspiracy theories prove anything it's that people are becoming more and more distrustful of government. Whether you want to look at poor economic times or other factors it's up to you, but the reaction certainly is telling.

That's the best thing about this recent 2012 paranoia bullshit. At least it will be definitively proven to be absolutely insane on December 21st (or maybe by the New Year depending on how stupid your opinion on the subject is).
    I think these people have always existed, it's just that the internet gives them the power to voice their opinions, and more people to connect to to re-affirm their messed up ideas.

Before the internet you'd have to tune into some late night Sci-Fi channel conspiracy show to get your fix. Now you can log on to any number of websites and get re-affirmation at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    So we have a few clowns here crying conspiracy, but can you people honestly answer the most important question that is about to be thrown to you? Are you ready?

You say it's a conspiracy. And I ask you, for what purpose???

Please do not respond back with Gun Control. The 2nd Amendment will live on forever. There are too many guns in the hands of many good Americans to threaten with a crooked government.
    thats a logical question i ask every conspiracy, whats the motive? they never have one, which is why i know there delusional, immature minds.

its sad how gullible people are, using one persons emotions 4 days after the murder to determine if the whole event is a hoax, is beyond stupid. When did we start thinking without a reasonable doubt and just jump to conclusions? do you know that the dad that is smiling and preparing, is also preparing to address on live national television about his family? like everyone could go on live national television and speak about a tragedy that effected there family without getting ready to.

and the coroner that is smiling. you think coroners are effected by deaths? they see dead bodys everyday, so they would not be emotionally desturbed, and a again, to be infront of 10 cameras and to address the entire nation live, could make you crack a smile since your not use to the attention

all these reasons are definitely more rational to believe then the government pulling a hoax for an unknown motive.

if we applied conspiracy theorists thought process in our justice system, 95 percent of all prisoners would truely be innocent.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 12-20-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    I think these people have always existed, it's just that the internet gives them the power to voice their opinions, and more people to connect to to re-affirm their messed up ideas.

Before the internet you'd have to tune into some late night Sci-Fi channel conspiracy show to get your fix. Now you can log on to any number of websites and get re-affirmation at any moment.
    This is very true also. But it is revealing that conspiracy theories usually attract the far-left or far-right, and hard economic times often give rise to these movements in themselves. To expand on the point about the internet, the wealth of information is also extremely valuable to conspiracy theorists. As they have mountains of documents to misconstrue, people to misrepresent, statistics to manipulate for their own agenda.

I'll close my thoughts on this matter by uttering some words of wisdom from one of my favorite characters.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system, the universe is indifferent." - Don Draper

seriously, people who believe this are ****ing stupid. first off, with the dark knight conspiracy thing, what would they POSSIBLY gain from putting "Sandy Hook" on a map that nobody was really even able to read? like, what's the purpose? to let the world know what's going to happen? no, because it doesn't explain anything and it's there for like a second in extremely small writing. that and the fact that it's a ****ing BATMAN movie for christ's sake

and about the people being actors and the fact that there are pictures of people smiling at the scene as somehow being proof that it's a setup: have you never tried to comfort a child? if so, you'd know the best way to do that is to try to make them smile or laugh, and it's not hard to make a child smile or laugh. and if they WERE actors and it was all a "photo op" like on a "movie set" why in the entire **** would they make them smile? how's that a good photo op for this tragic event? that's nonsensical.

wanna hear a pretty good theory? i ****ed up kid who was extremely shy, a little mentally ill and played too many video games knew his mom had an impressive gun collection and decided to take some of her guns and go on a rampage. UNFORTUNATELY that's not hard to believe. at all.

i know it might be comforting for some of you to believe that there's a reason everything happens but there are some ****ed up people and things just happen

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

You conspiracy theorists fascinate me! Really honestly you do. I'd like to maybe write an alternate history book someday exploring conspiracies, their origins, and the mind state of those who push them. Almost like a history of conspiracies, you'd be surprised at how prevalent they have been throughout history, even if the logic is often busted. It's an interesting subject to me.

Add it to my list of great book ideas I will probably never get around to exploring in my life.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    seriously, people who believe this are ****ing stupid. first off, with the dark knight conspiracy thing, what would they POSSIBLY gain from putting "Sandy Hook" on a map that nobody was really even able to read? like, what's the purpose? to let the world know what's going to happen? no, because it doesn't explain anything and it's there for like a second in extremely small writing. that and the fact that it's a ****ing BATMAN movie for christ's sake

and about the people being actors and the fact that there are pictures of people smiling at the scene as somehow being proof that it's a setup: have you never tried to comfort a child? if so, you'd know the best way to do that is to try to make them smile or laugh, and it's not hard to make a child smile or laugh. and if they WERE actors and it was all a "photo op" like on a "movie set" why in the entire **** would they make them smile? how's that a good photo op for this tragic event? that's nonsensical.

wanna hear a pretty good theory? i ****ed up kid who was extremely shy, a little mentally ill and played too many video games knew his mom had an impressive gun collection and decided to take some of her guns and go on a rampage. UNFORTUNATELY that's not hard to believe. at all.

i know it might be comforting for some of you to believe that there's a reason everything happens but there are some ****ed up people and things just happen
    a) Absolutely. It is absolutely ridiculous to assume everyone grieves the same. I have been to two funerals, one very somber for someone I didn't really even know, and one that was quite jovial for a funeral. That one was for my own grandfather who was a beloved man. According to their logic, that one would seem more likely to be a set up? No. That's how we dealt with it.

b) What the fuck do video games have to do with anything?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Do I think it was a hoax? not at all.

Do I think that video of the guy laughing before starting to talk to the camera was weird? Definitely, but it doesn't really prove anything other than it was just weird.