Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Pau's Ego... Why won't he just say let Clark start?

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Because Pau took his starting spot. DAntoni has been using Jamison has the backup 4. So if Jamison is the backup 4 Clark can't be the backup 4... simple. Gasol played 20 minutes at the 4 and Jamison played 18 min at the 4. Clark played 7 minuets and I can't remember if it was at the 3 or 4. So that gives you about 47 minutes.

What are you getting at????? Obviously he's good he's been starting for months what's your point????

This isn't a video game just because he didn't play against Washington doesn't mean he's all of a sudden bad or his player rating went down.
    And that combines for 38 minutes, leaving 10 minutes still available behind Pau & Jamison at the four. Nine are still available behind Artest at the three and ten behind Dwight at the five. Twenty nine available minutes behind Artest, Pau, Dwight & Jamison, yet Clark only gets 7.

That is what I'm getting at. He's been starting due to injury. Rick Brunson started for months, is he suddenly good? Didn't Smush start for a year, is he good? Not that Clark is equal to those guys in talent, but saying he started doesn't mean much when plenty of crap have as well.

What I'm getting at is when a better player comes back, of course he will be relegated to the bench. Pau is easily the better of the two, always has been and for the immediate future, will be. It doesn't make Clark worse, nor a bad player, and nowhere did I even say that.

But hey, lets blame Pau for allowing 28 minutes on the board and him making sure Clark only played 7 out of 29 available minutes behind FOUR guys/

Who compared their play you fuc.kin idiot.

Why don't you try reading dumbass...
    It's a terrible analogy. You are comparing the situation of a role player to a guy who was a superstar and on a completely different level. This is a guy who has been a #1 option, played like a super star in his 2 title runs and has led his country as a #1 option. Luke was a career bench player, not as hard to go back there when you are barely a average player.

Pau has sacrificed his game a lot. He made major adjustments last year next to Bynum and he has been forced to do so this year as well. You think it's all that easy to change your game up and go to the bench after playing a certain way your entire life? I will admit I have not liked Paus whining at times and he should not speak out though.

I don't think it's fair to call him out for his first game back after missing all that time. To be honest, the easiest way to get back into rhythm is to be on the court. Wether you like it or not, Lakers need Pau if they are going to make any kind of noise in the playoffs.

Lakers need to showcase him for the eventual offseason trade.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    It's a terrible analogy. You are comparing the situation of a role player to a guy who was a superstar and on a completely different level. This is a guy who has been a #1 option, played like a super star in his 2 title runs and has led his country as a #1 option. Luke was a career bench player, not as hard to go back there when you are barely a average player.

Pau has sacrificed his game a lot. He made major adjustments last year next to Bynum and he has been forced to do so this year as well. You think it's all that easy to change your game up and go to the bench after playing a certain way your entire life? I will admit I have not liked Paus whining at times and he should not speak out though.

I don't think it's fair to call him out for his first game back after missing all that time. To be honest, the easiest way to get back into rhythm is to be on the court. Wether you like it or not, Lakers need Pau if they are going to make any kind of noise in the playoffs.
    You think Pau is the first superstar in basketball asked to sacrifice for the team?????? Duncan,Amare,Ray Allen,Ginobili,Harden (when he was with the Thunder), Odom (when he was with the Lakers), Garnett, etc all didn't have a problem doing what's necessary for their teams to win. But Pau would rather bitch & moan instead of helping his team get better.

And it's not an analogy Walton was being a good teammate Pau is being a bad one.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    And that combines for 38 minutes, leaving 10 minutes still available behind Pau & Jamison at the four. Nine are still available behind Artest at the three and ten behind Dwight at the five. Twenty nine available minutes behind Artest, Pau, Dwight & Jamison, yet Clark only gets 7.

That is what I'm getting at. He's been starting due to injury. Rick Brunson started for months, is he suddenly good? Didn't Smush start for a year, is he good? Not that Clark is equal to those guys in talent, but saying he started doesn't mean much when plenty of crap have as well.

What I'm getting at is when a better player comes back, of course he will be relegated to the bench. Pau is easily the better of the two, always has been and for the immediate future, will be. It doesn't make Clark worse, nor a bad player, and nowhere did I even say that.

But hey, lets blame Pau for allowing 28 minutes on the board and him making sure Clark only played 7 out of 29 available minutes behind FOUR guys/
    Clark wasn't just starting.He was starting & we were WINNING. 21-10 with Clark starting & playing the 4 with either Pau or Howard.

We are 12-14 with both Howard & Gasol starting together. And mind you Nash has only started with both Howard & Gasol for 11 games. Why mess with chemistry???? It doesn't matter that Gasol is a better player than Clark the problem is that Gasol doesn't fit or fill the teams needs when he starts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Clark used to be the stretch 4 in Orlando right? Makes zero sense to have Pau start. Copy Orlandos mold and make Pau a sixth man where he will actually get touches.
    Ryan Anderson was the floor stretcher in Orlando. Clark was an NBA benchwarmer(10th-12th man) until he got a taste of the D'Antoni system.

I rep Lakers!

Dont Pau/Howard look great out there together

Why is everyone blaming Pau, not D'Antoni? Obviously Pau and Dwight do not complement each other as well. It only worked out with Bynum in the past thanks to Odom. D'Antonio isn't utilizing Pau the right way, he can't make dual 7 footers work.

Pau's Ego? What? lol. Cut him some slack. Yea, like Pau would throw a temper tantrum over not starting.

College star

Pau is not the problem. Kobe is.

Banned

It puzzled me too. You have guys talking to the media that Gasol is a great player, and he deserves to start. I don't understand why he NEEDS to start. As long as he's playing well, there's no reason why the coach wouldn't have him out there to close out games...

If Manu can come off the bench... the Argentine national hero.... and put his pride aside, so can Pau...

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Why is everyone blaming Pau, not D'Antoni? Obviously Pau and Dwight do not complement each other as well. It only worked out with Bynum in the past thanks to Odom. D'Antonio isn't utilizing Pau the right way, he can't make dual 7 footers work.

Pau's Ego? What? lol. Cut him some slack. Yea, like Pau would throw a temper tantrum over not starting.
    The former four-time All-Star, who recently bristled when moved to a bench role as D'Antoni placed Earl Clark in the starting lineup, expressed his displeasure after the game.

"I'm a competitor, I'm a guy that thinks I bring a lot to the table, and not being on the floor is something that I don't like, I don't appreciate," Gasol said.
    after a WIN vs the Hornets

"I believe 100% if I was starting inside with Dwight we could make the playoffs. I just don't know if coming off the bench gives the team a chance to be better and win more games."
    But we were winning with him on the bench

"If this coach stays and Dwight Howard remains with the Lakers," I asked, "what about you?"
    "It would be hard for me to deal with another season knowing the facts you just mentioned," said Gasol, 32 and with one year remaining on his contract.
    "So do you ask for a fresh start elsewhere?"
    "It's a possibility," he said, "yes."
    Who makes comments like this in the middle of a season

Lakers need Pau's size off the bench when Dwight isn't in the game. He's not getting the ball enough in the starting unit to be used effectively so you might as well make him the feature point of the 2nd unit.. and he was actually pllaying pretty well in that role until he got hurt. Why start him and ruin the rhythm you had for the past 6 weeks instead of waiting until he gets his legs back at least? One of the biggest flaws of this team is how inconsistent the lineups have been.

You think Pau is the first superstar in basketball asked to sacrifice for the team?????? Duncan,Amare,Ray Allen,Ginobili,Harden (when he was with the Thunder), Odom (when he was with the Lakers), Garnett, etc all didn't have a problem doing what's necessary for their teams to win. But Pau would rather bitch & moan instead of helping his team get better.

And it's not an analogy Walton was being a good teammate Pau is being a bad one.
    When did i say that? Obviously there are players more willing than others to sacrifice their games. Btw, ginobili was never a superstar who was the first option. He was born into the spurs system and he has huge success and won. Harden was never ever a superstar on oKc, c'mon now. Odom was never a superstar.

lol, Pau would not rather bitch and moan over helping his team. He honestly feels he helps his team by being on the floor, in the starting lineup and ending games. I think that's why he complains, he thinks he would help his team better starting and ending games.

The difference between Pau and KG, ray, Manu is that the latter 3 were winning. Celtics won a title and were one of the best teams in the league. When you are winning, there's not much complaining. I'm sure some of them would become disgruntled if they sacrificed their games and were losing.

they have been playing like shit since pau came back.........forget pau...let clark play......coach is a moron

And people say he isn't sacrificing his game for the team