Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    So you really are running out of arguments. That happened a year ago. GET OVER IT. The Mavs lost, Wade owned Dirk, and whether he got those 5 or so fouls he got or not, the outcome still would have been the same. The Miami Heat still would have been the NBA Champions of the National Basketball Association. Wade simply outplayed Dirk and won. Get over it and look at the future. Dirk lost, period. Shut up about the phanton calls - it's pissing me off. You're going on about something that happened a year ago. You want someone to go in a time chamber and go back in time and make the refs better? Sorry, that's impossible.

Until someone does invent a time machine, get over it.
    never...

sorry it's pissing you off so much.....but....well.... no I'm really not sorry.

the Mavs were not alowed to play defense or even look at Wade, it was an unfair match up....a series where Wade DESTROYED the record for free throws shot in the NBA.

it wasn't 5 calls....it was the fact that those calls forced the Mavs to play soft.

High School Varsity 6th Man Ben Jordan's Avatar

1. Duncan
    2. Kobe
    3. Nash
    4. Nowitzki
    5. Lebron

No love.

never...
    Typcial Dirk fan. Can't admit defeat.
    the Mavs were not alowed to play defense or even look at Wade, it was an unfair match up
    Talk about over exaggeration.
    a series where Wade DESTROYED the record for free throws shot in the NBA.
    Your point being? If somebody else beat the record, the whole world would be criticizing him for "cheating", too. It's like that with you dumb people that think whoever attempts the most free throws slips some cash to the refs when the camera isn't on them.
    it wasn't 5 calls....it was the fact that those calls forced the Mavs to play soft.
    Now you're trying to take away from the fact that Wade walked all over the Mavericks. Classic. All this coming from a Mavericks fan... what a surprise? Why can't you be like TMOGE and be mature enough to face the facts.

Dirk was never in my top five to begin with, so no.

-primetime-

Typcial Dirk fan. Can't admit defeat.
    I said I would trade him for KG...I admitt he choked against GS along with the rest of the team...I just don't beleive he choked against Miami.
    Your point being? If somebody else beat the record, the whole world would be criticizing him for "cheating", too. It's like that with you dumb people that think whoever attempts the most free throws slips some cash to the refs when the camera isn't on them.
    that record will never be broken, and if it is then that will be a sad day for the NBA. The game isn't ment to be played at the free throw line.
    Now you're trying to take away from the fact that Wade walked all over the Mavericks. Classic. All this coming from a Mavericks fan... what a surprise? Why can't you be like TMOGE and be mature enough to face the facts.
    I do face the facts....and the facts are that the Mavs were not given a fair shot to win.

as far as GS goes....I have nothing to say other than it wasn't just Dirk that lost that series

Local High School Star

yes he is. any 7 footer who can do as much as Nowitzki can should definitely be up there.

I said I would trade him for KG...I admitt he choked against GS along with the rest of the team...I just don't beleive he choked against Miami.
    The whole team didn't play well enough to win. I never said Dirk choked in that series, he just simply lost. "Can't admit defeat", not "Can't admit Dirk choked".
    that record will never be broken, and if it is then that will be a sad day for the NBA. The game isn't ment to be played at the free throw line.
    "Will never be broken." You just can't get over the fact that Wade attacks the rim like crazy can you.
    I do face the facts....and the facts are that the Mavs were not given a fair shot to win.
    Fair shot? Last time I checked, Dirk missed a CLUTCH shot, which was part of the reason they lost. "Weren't given a fair shot" is preposterous. They would have won Game 3 if they kept it together.
    as far as GS goes....I have nothing to say other than it wasn't just Dirk that lost that series
    Yes, it was. Now I want to see you admit Dirk choked in that series. Mature enough to do that? Or still on Dirk's balls. I won't be surprised if you don't admit Dirk choked, but it's obvious he did.

Living Legend

1. KOBE
    2. Lebron
    3. Nash
    4. Duncan
    5. Wade

Why the hell does everybody have Duncan #1? The Spurs may be #1 but as far as individual talent Kobe is no doubt #1. Most of the players in the league will even admit that.

Most of the players in the league will even admit that.
    Well of course, he's the best scorer in the league. It's common respect to call him the best. But if an NBA player sat down, layed out the facts and thought about it, Duncan > Kobe.

Saw a basketball once the grizzz's Avatar

Kobe

Duncan

Dirk

D Wade

Lbj

Local High School Star

I wish Dirk played and listened to Avery Johnson more (despite Fab's ranting).

Remember back in last years playoffs? Dirk was by far one of the best players in the playoffs. It's a damn shame he choked against Miami because he had a FANTASTIC playoffs.

Game 7 against the Spurs. Spurs up 3. Dirk in a hostile environment doesn't fold or anything but takes the ball to teh rim (novel concept?), gets an And1, and Dallas conquers it's demons.

Then remember Game 6 against Phoenix? Dude put in like 50 to knock out PHX and this was when PHX was leading for majority of the game.

I dunno whether or not Dirk doesn't listen to Avery or something but damn, Dirk was REALLY good in the '05 playoffs until Game 3 of the NBA Finals. Even then, he made some clutch shots (Game 5, then DWade got that phantom foul =/). With that said, I can't defend him. But I just wish Dirk played more like Avery Johnson had him playing in '05...

National High School Star ILballa's Avatar

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Tim Duncan
    3. LeBron James
    4. Dwayne Wade
    5. Kevin Garnett

-primetime-

The whole team didn't play well enough to win. I never said Dirk choked in that series, he just simply lost. "Can't admit defeat", not "Can't admit Dirk choked".
    but I have admitted defeat to GS, numerous times, can you read?
    "Will never be broken." You just can't get over the fact that Wade attacks the rim like crazy can you.
    how come wade doesn't rack up fouls like that in every series he plays then?
    "Fair shot? Last time I checked, Dirk missed a CLUTCH shot, which was part of the reason they lost. "Weren't given a fair shot" is preposterous. They would have won Game 3 if they kept it together.
    dirk missed a game winning shot?...or just a "clutch shot"?...i am sure Dirk missed many shots in that series, he made many as well....he never missed a game winner though.
    Yes, it was. Now I want to see you admit Dirk choked in that series. Mature enough to do that? Or still on Dirk's balls. I won't be surprised if you don't admit Dirk choked, but it's obvious he did.
    I have said hundreds of times Dirk choked....so did the rest of the team though....he wasn't alone in choking....he could have averaged 30/15 against GS and the Mavs still would have lost....how many times do I need to type this sh-it for you?

-primetime-

here I will reply for you

hahahaha you still won't admitt it will you, give it up:rollingeyes:
    because he only atacks dirk when he chokes, your so dumb -primetime- the refs just saw it against the mavs that series and not other series that wade is involved in.:
    dirk missed a game winning shot?...or just a "clutch shot"?...i am sure Dirk missed many shots in that series, he made many as well....he never missed a game winner though.
    i said "CLUTCH SHOT" not game winning shot....can you read dude...
    I have said hundreds of times Dirk choked....so did the rest of the team though....he wasn't alone in choking....he could have averaged 30/15 against GS and the Mavs still would have lost....how many times do I need to type this sh-it for you?
    typical mavs/dirk fan

Oh my God... I'M TALKING ABOUT VERSUS MIAMI.
    He gets tons of foul calls all season long because nobody attacks the rim as much as he does. You create contact in the paint, you go to the line. Simple.
    He did miss a clutch free throw, though.
    You actually admitted Dirk choked against Golden State? I got to give it to you, man. It must have been hard to get off his nuts quickly enough to say that. Props to you.
    here I will reply for you
    Wrong.