Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Yao Ming to miss 09/10 season?

Regardless of if he'll be able to play again at some point, Yao needs to consider retirement immediately for the sake of long term health. Imagine guys like Big Z getting around at 60.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Yao Ming is out for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Assuming this is true and Yao will in fact miss all of next season, there are four parties responsible for this tragedy:

The laws of physics and human biology. Gravity and Yao's unnatural size just did not allow him to stay healthy consistently, and he now appears to have worn down entirely.

The Chinese government for forcing Yao to play on their national team during the off-season. Looks like you killed the golden-egg laying goose, and for what? Making the Olympic basketball tournament only to be bounced in the first elimination game every time?

The Houston Rockets for never getting a backup center who could reduce Yao's minutes. 40 year old Dikembe doesn't count. Basically they played him too many minutes.

Yao himself for agreeing to play for the Chinese national team every damn off-season, and for not demanding that the Rockets find a way to reduce his minutes.

I guess we won't ever have to hear Rocketsgreatness spewing his bull**** about Yao being better than Dwight when healthy anymore, because what most of us already realized is now painfully clear: Yao is never going to be consistently healthy again. Dwight on the other hand is an ironman, a dominant rebounder and defensive presence, and still has a lot of potential to expand his offensive game.
    That's the only reason worth noting. Tragic.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Saw it coming.

this absolutely sucks. It always seems to happen to the nice guys of the league too. The ones that stay out of trouble and drama like your Yaos, Pennys and Grant Hills.

This is terrible news. I sincerely hope it's not true...

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    1. During recouperation, a player can lay down, be put in traction, and like I said, vasodialators and even localized injections can make the distance travelled thru arteries not an issue. Human biology does not succumb to gravity as you assume. Necessary steps can easily be taken during recouperation to circumvent gravity entirely. I doubt they have Yao running on the foot, he's probly on crutches and laying up on the hour, with paid experts diagnosing frequently.

2., 3., & 4.
    I agree completely.

I wonder if Yao's immune system isn't functioning properly, or if he has some form of osteoperosis...?
    Yao Ming is not a normal human being. He is a freak of nature. His body is wearing down because he is 7'6 and weighs 320 pounds. He is probably one of the tallest human beings to not have gigantism or some other disorder, but that doesn't mean that he won't break down slowly due to his size and weight.

And I am not saying gravity is what's preventing him from healing, I'm saying gravity is part of what is causing him to keep getting injured. Getting injured in the same places over and over is what makes him unable to heal properly. That, and who nows how his size affects the healing process.

dumb question can the rockets trade yao? would anybody take him?

Its always sad to see a player's career cut short of injury and in Yao's case it's even sadder because if he didn't push himself so much in the offseason and use that time to rest, his career could've been longer and maybe perform better as well. But I did remember from an interview that he said something along the line of...if he didn't get to play for China's Olympic basketball team, that it would be his biggest failure.

Decent college freshman

Why is he the only one reporting this?????

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    dumb question can the rockets trade yao? would anybody take him?
    Only way that would happen is if he retires, then maybe someone wants his 2010 expirer...knicks for curry? meh.

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Yao Ming is not a normal human being. He is a freak of nature. His body is wearing down because he is 7'6 and weighs 320 pounds. He is probably one of the tallest human beings to not have gigantism or some other disorder, but that doesn't mean that he won't break down slowly due to his size and weight.

And I am not saying gravity is what's preventing him from healing, I'm saying gravity is part of what is causing him to keep getting injured. Getting injured in the same places over and over is what makes him unable to heal properly. That, and who nows how his size affects the healing process.
    DAMN YOU GRAVITY!!! *clench fist shaking in air*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    This is terrible news. I sincerely hope it's not true...
    Probably is, Yao wont miss the entire season though.

Chances are that if they're in good contention by March or April he will begin playing, allows him about 8 months to heal and allows him to play in the Playoffs.

Good college starter

wow if this is true then the rockets just got a whole lot worse

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    Get him on a sh!tload of vasodialators and localized mineral/hormone injections, so the circulation distance isn't an issue.
    There are bone building-cells that can be injected, hormones for someone his size is a huge risk. Menadione is also a treatment that i'm sure is available to him (it's also known as Vitamin K).

Why are you questioning Yao's Doctor anyways?

RP 4 lyfe

honestly... I will not believe anything from these mysterious sources. especially something from yahoo sports.