Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls!

Default Re: Dark Souls!

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    That's cheating!
    I earned everything on one character legit and got the platinum in November. I just heard of this glitch 2 days ago. Once you've beat a game 10 times legit, cheating doesn't ruin the game. It's just an offer since I had to to grind for 10 hours at a time to get some annoying weapons (ghost blade, black knight weapons before patch, etc.). Some people see no fun in grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I earned everything on one character legit and got the platinum in November. I just heard of this glitch 2 days ago. Once you've beat a game 10 times legit, cheating doesn't ruin the game. It's just an offer since I had to to grind for 10 hours at a time to get some annoying weapons (ghost blade, black knight weapons before patch, etc.). Some people see no fun in grinding.
    I meant us cheating if you helped us. We gotta finish the game on our own!

I meant us cheating if you helped us. We gotta finish the game on our own!
    Yeah I figured that after I already posted. Good point and yeah I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone. I also heard a rumor today involving DLC for Dark Souls. It involves a new area called Dark Forest with some new bosses, or so I read online.

Played for the first time in a month, and killed those f*cking gargoyles!
    Now, let's get into that forest...

I bought the game just a few days ago... just created my character. I got to the point where you light the bonfire thing-a-mah-gig and got health back. Then opened some door and this big beast smashes on me, so I read a message that says 'get the fu*k out!' or something...

Then played a bit more... walked thru some 'white' portals or whatnot. Maybe it's just me, but walking around bashing and grinding up little bit*h ass skelazombiez isn't all that fun.

Maybe I'm just not into it enough yet? LOL.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I bought the game just a few days ago... just created my character. I got to the point where you light the bonfire thing-a-mah-gig and got health back. Then opened some door and this big beast smashes on me, so I read a message that says 'get the fu*k out!' or something...

Then played a bit more... walked thru some 'white' portals or whatnot. Maybe it's just me, but walking around bashing and grinding up little bit*h ass skelazombiez isn't all that fun.

Maybe I'm just not into it enough yet? LOL.
    Sounds like you haven't even made it out of the "tutorial" area yet. Definitely play quite a bit more before passing final judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneva
    Sounds like you haven't even made it out of the "tutorial" area yet. Definitely play quite a bit more before passing final judgment.
    Oh alright.... I'll give it another try. LOL, no but for real, is that pretty much the game, just battling and grinding the entire time?

Oh alright.... I'll give it another try. LOL, no but for real, is that pretty much the game, just battling and grinding the entire time?
    Yeah, that's it.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Yeah, that's it.

i still havent gotten dark souls yet. i only got and beat demons souls about 3 months ago and that game was the man. everything i hear is that this game is better. im waiting for the price on this one to drop to about 30 before i buy. plus it will give me some time to recover from demons souls

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

Everyone should give this game a shot. It's tough but not as frustrating and difficult as the reviews make it sound. Once you get a bit into it you will find such a deep game with so many layers and different ways to play. I just platinum'd the game with a ninja like character. Pure melee with a bow. No magic. Now I want to go right back through as either a tank character or a pure magic build.

At least give it a rental. Anyone that played demon's souls should grab this immediately. It has everything that made des great but so much more too. Better in every way.

Decent playground baller

I think the post above said it well, the game gets pretty layered and deep and different areas will require different play styles. But yes, if you reeaalllly want to boil it down, it's "just" battling and grinding. But you can spin any game to sound simple like that. Basketball's just putting a ball in a hoop over and over right? All I'm saying is the game gets deeper and more rewarding, so stick at it, but definitely go in with a lot of patience and be willing to figure things out on your own.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I put Dark Souls down for a couple of months now. I'll be picking back up during the summer drought.

this game is kicking my ass!

first playthrough, killed capra demon and im on my way to the depths. wish me luck yall! love this game.

fav game for ps3 EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    this game is kicking my ass!

first playthrough, killed capra demon and im on my way to the depths. wish me luck yall! love this game.

fav game for ps3 EVER.
    Good stuff. Try to go as human throughout the depths since you'll be invaded by Kirk at one point and he drops some good gear (by chance). You also need to have him invade all 3 times throughout the game to get his armor (which is sweet looking armor).

Dark Souls coming to PC with new content added. Interesting.