Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Bay Areaaaaaaaaaaa! DavisWarriorsFan's Avatar

Default Marc Stein Witnessed LeBron Disrespecting David Blatt And Calls Out LeBron

[QUOTE]I have a question for LeBron James that I really hope he'll field someday.

A question that can be asked a variety of ways.

What kind of coach do you want?

Who out there is a coach you'd actually like to play for?

Who could ‎the Cleveland Cavaliers hire that you'd give some meaningful backing?

I don't have the answers to any of those queries. Cavs assistant coach Ty Lue is my best guess.

I know this much, though: LeBron James is too brilliant as a basketball player, too truly great, to behave the way he did toward David Blatt during the NBA Finals.

We literally saw peak LeBron and the corresponding LeBron nadir over those six gripping games with Golden State. He ‎had staffers from the 67-win Warriors almost quaking at night in fear of the havoc he was wreaking, such was his genius in controlling tempo and carrying a skeleton of a roster to a 2-1 lead that actually made you think the Cavs could win it all with Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and his beloved Anderson Varejao all sidelined.

And we likewise saw LeBron emasculate Blatt in ways that are simply unbecoming of a player of James' legend-in-the-making stature.

I saw it from close range in my role as sideline reporter through the Finals for ESPN Radio. LeBron essentially calling timeouts and making substitutions. LeBron openly barking at Blatt after decisions he didn't like. LeBron huddling frequently with Lue and so often looking at anyone other than Blatt.

There was LeBron, in one instance I witnessed from right behind the bench, shaking his head vociferously in protest after one play Blatt drew up in the third quarter of Game 5, amounting to the loudest nonverbal scolding you could imagine.

Which forced Blatt, in front of his whole team, to wipe the board clean and draw up something else.

I understand LeBron had no input into Blatt
    Last edited by DavisWarriorsFan; 06-18-2015 at 03:24 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Marc Stein Witnessed LeBron Disrespecting David Blatt

Quote Originally Posted by DavisWarriorsFan
    http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...att-unbecoming

Looks like Windhorst isn't lying about the LeBron not respecting David Blatt after all.
    This is being discussed in the other thread. Not sure we need two conversations about the same thing. Maybe move it over there?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I also heard Stephen A. Smith on First Take yesterday saying he has heard from people in the organization that the players don't even listen to Blatt because "he doesn't know what the hell he is doing."

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I also heard Stephen A. Smith on First Take yesterday saying he has heard from people in the organization that the players don't even listen to Blatt because "he doesn't know what the hell he is doing."
    That quote almost makes me think he's not coming back unless someone stands up for him. Smith said the person within the organization told him in so many words,

"LeBron has respect for Blatt as a man, a father, a great career, but how can you support a person who doesn't have a damn clue."

Stein is a fraud and is notorious for fabricating stories in order to get views.

College superstar

Default Re: Marc Stein Witnessed LeBron Disrespecting David Blatt And Calls Out LeBron

watching lebron play the game is must see, but WTF is his problem? blatt does not deserve the type of vitriol he's getting. smh.

Default Re: Marc Stein Witnessed LeBron Disrespecting David Blatt And Calls Out LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by DavisWarriorsFan
    http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...att-unbecoming

Looks like Windhorst isn't lying about the LeBron not respecting David Blatt after all.
    Tough position for Blatt. Wouldn't surprise me to see a blowup between these two down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Stein is a fraud and is notorious for fabricating stories in order to get views.
    You don't need to have Stein's story to look over at the bench during timeouts to see there is an issue between the coach and the players. There's a disconnect.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Anyone who gets in the way of LeBron Ball is an enemy to James

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Ultimate Teammate and leader

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    So, we have... Winhorst, SAS and Stein.

Is that the trifecta of know-nothing sensationalist attention whores? If I hear something from David Aldridge or one of the really clued in Cavs beat reporters, I'll take it seriously.

Smith is a flat-out joke. As much as I despise Windhorst, he's 100x more reliable than that retard.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Is that the trifecta of know-nothing sensationalist attention whores? If I hear something from David Aldridge or one of the really clued in Cavs beat reporters, I'll take it seriously.

Smith is a flat-out joke. As much as I despise Windhorst, he's 100x more reliable than that retard.
    stein is not a joke. stein is worth his ****ing salt

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Smith is whatever at breaking scoops , but if there's one thing he's good at breaking, it's league gossip.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Dude you are in denial, just accept you guys hired the wrong coach.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Steve Kerr was interested in hiring Blatt before he got the Cav's job. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warrior...001311942.html

How awesome would it be if Blatt gets fired, Steve Kerr hires him on as an assistant, and wins another championship?