Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: 23 pages of info on GTA V

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    From the sound of it, with the introduction of three co-existing playable characters, GTA's goal seems to be eliminating some of the tedium. They mentioned a few examples where two or three of the characters may all be working on the same mission. At one point you could control the guy who's cracking a safe, then once that fun thing's been done, you can seamlessly switch to the other guy who's holding sniper position on the roof.

Personally, I can never find a GTA world too large. The bit about GTA V's world being larger that San Andreas, IV, and RDR combined was the best piece of information I drew from that article. It should be a lot of fun exploring every corner of that world, even the ocean floor.

Beyond the size of the world, my next favorite thing to learn about is the art details. Sprinklers turning on every evening, leaving puddles on the street, dogs jumping on fences as you walk by... I love that stuff.

Also, for those who didn't read, some of the available activities this time around:

Yoga
    Jet-Skiing
    Base Jumping
    Triathlons
    Tennis
    Golf (full playable course)
    I'm sure it will be an amazing game no doubt...

you have more time on your hands than I do though, the GTA games require days upon days of playing time to complete, that is time that I just don't have any more at this stage in my life...

a game like Bioshock can be completed in 20-30 hours or so...GTA needs more like 200-300 hours of play time lol

no celeb voices at all in this game...I guess they decided that wasn't worth the trouble and $$$ at all...

I rule the local playground

Hopefully it'll be good. I know it wasn't like this for most people, but I didn't enjoy SA that much, found it kinda boring tbh even with the planes and shit, prob cause I played the shit out of VC. Didn't clock many hours on it, and some missions were hard as hell, don't think I was close to finishing the story. I thought IV was pretty good though, some of the changes blew me away, like the physics, shattering glass, flying out of ur car, etc. Only annoyances was getting around sometimes (slow and sometimes clunky), combat (melee was still shitty as always), and shitty optimization for the pc.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I'm sure it will be an amazing game no doubt...

you have more time on your hands than I do though, the GTA games require days upon days of playing time to complete, that is time that I just don't have any more at this stage in my life...

a game like Bioshock can be completed in 20-30 hours or so...GTA needs more like 200-300 hours of play time lol
    Whaaaaaat. I'll have to go check my logged GTA IV time. I'm not sure I've ever 100% completed a Grand Theft Auto, but I feel like I've gotten close, and without spending a very large amount of time, certainly nothing close to 100 hours I would believe.

I thought Red Dead Redemption was pretty perfect. 100% completion was very attainable and again, I don't think it took an unbelievable amount of time.

I guess I have to ask, are you referring to the main story line or the entire game with side missions? If the former, I think there was even an achievement for finishing under 30 hours, which probably means you'd have to push yourself to finish that soon, but also most people's times were right around there (I think). I never messed around with the pigeon search because it seemed way too tedious. That's what was so great about Red Dead Redemption. There were side missions, and they were challenging, but not quite as tedious.

no celeb voices at all in this game...I guess they decided that wasn't worth the trouble and $$$ at all...
    Yeah, I think there logic was sound on that one. They mentioned how in-depth their studio sessions are now in comparison to previous games and they probably rightly assumed it'd be time and effort for which a lot of the stars just wouldn't want to commit. Further, I think there's a lot of truth to the notion of sometimes when a star is voicing a character, it can be tough to establish that character as his own person. For instance, in San Andreas, the crooked cop was always Samuel L. Jackson to me, not... well... the character. The new voices, so long as they're good, will allow for a deeper connection to the characters, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-08-2012 at 07:07 PM.

can't wait...when is it bieng released?

Whaaaaaat. I'll have to go check my logged GTA IV time. I'm not sure I've ever 100% completed a Grand Theft Auto, but I feel like I've gotten close, and without spending a very large amount of time, certainly nothing close to 100 hours I would believe.

I thought Red Dead Redemption was pretty perfect. 100% completion was very attainable and again, I don't think it took an unbelievable amount of time.

I guess I have to ask, are you referring to the main story line or [COLOR="Red"]the entire game with side missions? [/COLOR]If the former, I think there was even an achievement for finishing under 30 hours, which probably means you'd have to push yourself to finish that soon, but also most people's times were right around there (I think). I never messed around with the pigeon search because it seemed way too tedious. That's what was so great about Red Dead Redemption. There were side missions, and they were challenging, but not quite as tedious.
    the entire game, side games and all...to fully explore everything and take the game in completely it requires an insane amount of time

Could spend 5 hours just trying to so some kind of special flip on a motorcycle...

finding all the hidden objects...etc

there is a ton there

hell just reading the strategy guide takes hours...lol

Yeah, I think there logic was sound on that one. They mentioned how in-depth their studio sessions are now in comparison to previous games and they probably rightly assumed it'd be time and effort for which a lot of the stars just wouldn't want to commit. Further, I think there's a lot of truth to the notion of sometimes when a star is voicing a character, it can be tough to establish that character as his own person. For instance, in San Andreas, the crooked cop was always Samuel L. Jackson to me, not... well... the character. [COLOR="Red"]The new voices, so long as they're good, will allow for a deeper connection to the characters, in my opinio[/COLOR]n.
    yep, agreed 100%

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

can't wait...when is it bieng released?
    Spring I believe?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

GTA vice city... what a memories...

NBA Superstar

the entire game, side games and all...to fully explore everything and take the game in completely it requires an insane amount of time

Could spend 5 hours just trying to so some kind of special flip on a motorcycle...

finding all the hidden objects...etc

there is a ton there

hell just reading the strategy guide takes hours...lol
    You had me curious so I felt obligated to fire up my game and take a closer look. From the time I bought GTA IV (2008) to present day, myself or a family member or friend has played my GTA for a total of 80 hours. I currently stand at 90% compete, which I feel like is a number I reached many, many hours ago. A lot of the hours leading up to 80 was just me and my brothers doing random things, not pursuing completion.

On the flip side, I'm surprised with the Red Dead Redemption number. I've completed 100% (and played beyond that) but my listed time right now is about 53 hours. It hasn't felt like I've spent that much time playing at all. It's been way too enjoyable.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-08-2012 at 07:43 PM.

You had me curious so I felt obligated to fire up my game and take a closer look. From the time I bought GTA IV (2008) to present day, myself or a family member or friend has played my GTA for a total of 80 hours. I currently stand at 90% compete, which I feel like is a number I reached many, many years ago. A lot of the hours leading up to 80 was just me and my brothers doing random things, not pursuing completion.
    okay, that sounds accurate I think...that is a lot of time don't you think?

I can remember Rockstar making claim that GTA IV would require 100 hours

but youre right I am sure if you cut out all the goofing off you could narrow it down to 50 hours or so...which is STILL a lot of time IMO

this is a good thing though...better a game being too long than too short, it's just a little depressing knowing I can't complete it all without lots of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    The map is bigger than gta sa, red dead redemption, and gta iv combined. Plus more.
    Holy shit.

Banned

They should have each character of different backgrounds. One black, one white, one asian, one mexican, but we get all whites.

NBA Superstar

okay, that sounds accurate I think...that is a lot of time don't you think?

I can remember Rockstar making claim that GTA IV would require 100 hours

but youre right I am sure if you cut out all the goofing off you could narrow it down to 50 hours or so...which is STILL a lot of time IMO

this is a good thing though...better a game being too long than too short, it's just a little depressing knowing I can't complete it all without lots of time.
    Yeah, it sounds like a ton of hours, but I don't think I've ever really sat down to think of it that way. I feel like it might be a normal amount of time to spend on a good game, yes? I mean, in basketball video games, full games often take 35-60 minutes to complete, so I bet the hours spent playing basketball games adds up quickly as well.

Either way, I much prefer the GTA and RDR method as opposed to the Call of Duty, beat-single-player-in-two-days-maybe routine.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    They should have each character of different backgrounds. One black, one white, one asian, one mexican, but we get all whites.
    Without thinking too deeply, maybe GTA thought that'd be too easy and obvious and wanted to stay away from the expected in some respects? If any company was going to scoff at the old routine of making sure to include one of every possible background, it'd be Rockstar. I don't know if that makes sense though. Kind of an Airplane situation when the guy asks if the airport should turn on the searchlights, only to have the commander respond, "No, that's exactly what they're expecting us to do."
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

You get to play as a black guy too. From south LA. grove street nugga
    Last edited by Dictator; 11-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.