Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Jerryd Bayless-biggest bust of the draft

at high potential bayless was a steal not a bust darko was a big big bust

Just another poster

Bayless is looking to be one of the better picks out of the draft. He scored 36 points Vs. Phoenix in the summer league...if he can ball like that on summer league squad, he should be fine in the NBA. And yes, I know, it's just summer league, but if a player starts dominating, you have to see the promise in their game on the next level.

When Bayless plays with the actual Blazers line-up, he's looking to be a facilitator. A facilitator who is an offense threat also, that's a dangerous combo. I can't believe you don't think so. We'll see after the season, though. My prediction, he's talked about for Rookie of the Year.

Serious playground baller ndPac's Avatar

He can get to the line at will and will shoot a very good percentage. somewhere like 85%...he will hardly bust and will be one of the top 5 from this rookie class. Especially with being on such a good team, he is in the best situtation out of any rookie.

Will be interesting to see how Portland uses him. I am guessing they use him as a scorer also and not just a pure pg like they were trying to turn him into because Roy can handle the ball and make good decisons in half court sets. He kinda reminds me of a Pippen type player. So I could see him bringing the ball up and then it usually going to Roy's hands then Roy will distribute from there with Bayless looking for his shot more than assisting.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Bayless isn't falling out of the top 10. He can be compared to Arenas because he's a shoot first pg of similar size, not to mention he also went to Arizona. A "sleeper" is more someone who becomes a really good player that you pick up in the 20s or more. Can't call a top 10 guy a "sleeper" when a lot of people already expect him to be good.
    FAIL!

Beastly 29.5 ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    FAIL!
    luck

what a retard

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life

what a retard
    Hahaha...

This thread is EPIC FAIL.

Not airballing my layups anymore Grizzled Mayo's Avatar

Bayless was killin in the summer league

Not airballing my layups anymore BBallGuru08's Avatar

History will tell you that a 6'3 combo guard with very little point guard skills, such as Bayless or Monta Ellis for that matter, that their succession rate at the next level is very low. Guys like Gilbert Arenas have point guard skills and could easily dish out 8 assists per game if he wanted to, but he much rather score 30 a game instead. Guys like Bayless and Monta are both 4-5 assists a game kind of players and if you put them at the 2 guard, they'll more than likely fail since they can't guard their position. For every Gilbert Arenas, Allen Iverson, or Tony Parker, there is one of these guys...

Ben Gordon, Eddie House, Cuttino Mobley, Luther Head, Leanhdro Barbosa, Marcus Hatten, Daniel Ewing, Daniel Gibson, AJ Guyton, Dejuan Wagner, Louis Williams, Sarunas Jaskevicious, Randy Foye, Juan Dixon, Tony Allen, Salim Stoudamire, Delonte West, Jason Terry, Mo Williams, Charlie Bell, Rashad McCants, Devin Harris, Kenyon Dooling, Mike James, Nate Robinson, Willie Green, Royal Ivey, Quincy Douby, Dee Brown, Antonio Daniels

Bayless has wayyy better pg skills than Monta Ellis.

We havent even gotten a chance to see what Bayless can do running the point next to Roy, Aldridge and Oden.

Im not gonna judge Bayless good or bad until i see him play with the blazers.

Summer league means nothing, and he didnt get a chance to showcase his pg skills at Arizona.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

I'm confused...is everyone bustin his balls because of how Jerryd performed in summer league?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I'm confused...is everyone bustin his balls because of how Jerryd performed in summer league?
    No one is busting his balls yet. The summer league performance is just a tease of what he will get when the regular season starts.

Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

I did not fail people. Guys like Rafael Araujo have a history of dominating in summer league. It don't mean ISH till he does it in the NBA.