Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Who is getting 2k12 today?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    So wait, if last year's game has the old teams, why would you pay again this year to use old teams? I mean I know there's a few new ones probably, but it's gonna take more than that to convince me. Only old teams I ever really used were the 90s Bulls and Cavs

If there's no rookies then I definitely won't be getting 2k11 Volume 2
    For whatever it's worth, 2K's doubled the amount of historic teams included in their game, as well as bolstering their rosters to the teams already included in 2K11. For instance, most classic rosters in 2K11 tended to have between 6-8 authentic players. Most classic teams in 2K12 seem to have 9-12 authentic players.

Further, there's definitely a wider range of teams included on the classic front, instead of just being limited to Jordan's key opponents. I'm personally hyped about Russell's Celtics, Wilt's Lakers, LJ's Hornets, Mullin's Warriors, Dr. J's 76ers, and Duncan and Robinson's Spurs (not to mention Shaq's Magic and Lakers and Hakeem's Rockets). But I respect if that's not your thing. It's just I wouldn't call it merely an addition of a few. They went big.

In truth, it looks like 2K12 has improved in a lot of areas aside from the classics. The current rosters (and rookies) seem like two of the few areas that weren't really touched (offline Association also looks generally the same). Otherwise, 2K12 seems like a super smoothed over 2K11. Graphics-wise, animations-wise, playing-wise. I'll be looking forward to snagging it tomorrow.

eh maybe I'll pick it up when the lockout ends. I'm sure I'll be able to get it used on Amazon for around $20 by next year

In the meantime I'll continue my petition to have 2k include the Steve Francis era Rockets on the classic teams

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

eh maybe I'll pick it up when the lockout ends. I'm sure I'll be able to get it used on Amazon for around $20 by next year

In the meantime I'll continue my petition to have 2k include the Steve Francis era Rockets on the classic teams
    Dont forget the classic Suns!!! I want to play Charles Barkley! What the EFF!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Don't make the mistake of having doubts. Everyone I know who already has the game says it's so so much better than 2K11. It's not just an updated game man. The way the game plays as well as hundreds of other things have set a new bar. It's being hailed as the best SPORTS game of all time. A lot of people are trading in FIFA 12 and Madden 12 for it too.

Yup.

I'm sure they did a good job with it, but I don't really feel the need to play it if there is no NBA and the game isn't featuring the rooks.

I think I'll pick this up sometime in mid December. Hopefully the price for a used copy is lowered by then, but that's wishful thinking considering the holidays.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Still currently milking 2k11 for all its worth, and don't want it to feel "outdated" just yet like NBA Street was compared to NBA Street Vol 2. I know there's gonna be Holiday Price Drops coming, so I'm not in a rush this time around.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I think I'll pick this up sometime in mid December. Hopefully the price for a used copy is lowered by then, but that's wishful thinking considering the holidays.
    It will be 49.99 in December most likely.

Saw a basketball once

I would but it doesn't come out in the UK till the 7th .. And another thing I can't post anything and I really need to go into topic about what team should I follow and stuff. Can anyone help me? PM me if you can because then I will get the E-mail for it.
    Just a little bit about me. I'm from the UK and have just got back into the NBA the past year or s. I used to support the lakers but I don't really like the arrogance of the team anymore. I enjoy D.Wade playing but also love the look of Josh Selby. The only thing is I need a team that will get most air time in the UK if the LOckout ends. lol

I guess THE driving force would be to play classic teams against classic teams. Honestly, 2k11 games become at their best during the playoffs, when Rashidi or the Outsiders finish their edits with the ratings, rosters, shoes, appearances, and most importantly, the sliders.

My 2k11 with Rashidi and his sliders play perfect now, and with no rookies in 2k12, I'm pretty sure 2k11 will play better for current teams just because of the work put in by the 2kshare community.

360 users even have it good, I think someone edits the classic team ratings to be comparable against current teams. On the PS3 someone swapped created bench players for the generic players but didn't update the ratings. That's why I can't shoot 50% with Larry Bird.

On a sidenote, does anyone know a 2kshare roster which had the classic teams' RATINGS updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    It will be 49.99 in December most likely.
    I know of this place that sells used games pretty cheap compared to most game stores. I'll probably get it there and $50 would most likely be their maximum price. Funny thing is that it's right next to a Gamestop.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsFinest
    I would but it doesn't come out in the UK till the 7th .. And another thing I can't post anything and I really need to go into topic about what team should I follow and stuff. Can anyone help me? PM me if you can because then I will get the E-mail for it.
    Just a little bit about me. I'm from the UK and have just got back into the NBA the past year or s. I used to support the lakers but I don't really like the arrogance of the team anymore. I enjoy D.Wade playing but also love the look of Josh Selby. The only thing is I need a team that will get most air time in the UK if the LOckout ends. lol
    Well the best team in the NBA is the Phoenix Suns.

They wont get the most air-time though.

But they are the most exciting team in the league! Best PG in the league! Most humble team in the league! Most team chemistry! All around greatest team!

All in my humble opinion.

They are a quick scoring fast-break team with somewhat weak defense. Very deadly shooters. Very skilled from 3 point land. Play the pick and roll a lot with the best pg (Steve Nash) and a good up and comming center (Gortat). New defensive draft Markieff Morris to help at PF.

Fun fun team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=infVIdXpk28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbLKW...68A23BCAEC8B9E

Screw you all, I have to wait until Friday for the European release date.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    Well the best team in the NBA is the Phoenix Suns.

They wont get the most air-time though.

But they are the most exciting team in the league! Best PG in the league! Most humble team in the league! Most team chemistry! All around greatest team!

All in my humble opinion.

They are a quick scoring fast-break team with somewhat weak defense. Very deadly shooters. Very skilled from 3 point land. Play the pick and roll a lot with the best pg (Steve Nash) and a good up and comming center (Gortat). New defensive draft Markieff Morris to help at PF.

Fun fun team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=infVIdXpk28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbLKW...68A23BCAEC8B9E

Steve Nash is getting old and Shaq has retired.:S.. Cheers for the info though man

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Screw you all, I have to wait until Friday for the European release date.
    same.