Default What are the lightest shoes ever?

I want a shoe that is almost weightless. Is there any shoe lighter than Kobe's?

Banned

Default Re: What are the lightest shoes ever?

My brother in law has got a pair of Kobe IV's, i tried them on and they're crazy light i'd be surprised if there's anything lighter than them

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Would someone make a case for flip-flops?

Saw a basketball once

kobe V's are maybe even lighter than IV. from what i've read, kobe is into making some extremely light and speed oriented shoes. The 'only' downside is that they offer disputable ankle support if lows. But that's just me, even tho i like lighter shoes i wouldn't ever compromise stability, cushioning and support for lighter weight.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy
    kobe V's are maybe even lighter than IV. from what i've read, kobe is into making some extremely light and speed oriented shoes. The 'only' downside is that they offer disputable ankle support if lows. But that's just me, even tho i like lighter shoes i wouldn't ever compromise stability, cushioning and support for lighter weight.
    Aren't the Kobe's low-top?

I rock the Hyperizes, high-top, feels good on my problem ankle, and really light.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Aren't the Kobe's low-top?

I rock the Hyperizes, high-top, feels good on my problem ankle, and really light.
    There's also a 3/4 top made, but he's wearing lows. Still, i believe he's got some extra support, ankle brace or something.
    Hyperize are sick, i tried Hyperdunks and really liked them, great stability, support, and light as it gets for a high-top shoe. I'm kinda used to the mids tho, so i'l wait a while before making a switch.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy
    There's also a 3/4 top made, but he's wearing lows. Still, i believe he's got some extra support, ankle brace or something.
    Hyperize are sick, i tried Hyperdunks and really liked them, great stability, support, and light as it gets for a high-top shoe. I'm kinda used to the mids tho, so i'l wait a while before making a switch.
    Cool. I haven't tried hyperdunks, I just went straight from my Reebok/Puma throwbacks into Hyperizes.

I won't play or wear anything that's not a high top, just the way I roll.

Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

I won't play or wear anything that's not a high top, just the way I roll.
    I see what you did there.

I'm sporting the Kobe V's and I doubt shoes are going to get any lighter. The hyperizes I also own are quite light but they are "heavy" compared to the Kobe's. The ankle support is also not a big deal. The shoe is very stable and I have not been having ankle/knee issues when wearing them other than hyper-extending my knee but that's not going to not happen when wearing high-tops.

I dunk on 12 year olds

might get myself kobe V's after having reebok dwayne wade's they were kind of heavy, http://www.dwyanewadeuniverse.com/sh..._wade_20_1.jpg

phew years back i had red white iverson shoes, hella light, and hella nice very stable good ankle support

LAL|LAC

My Kobe IV's are the lightest shoes I've ever owned.

Probably a running shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I want a shoe that is almost weightless. Is there any shoe lighter than Kobe's?
    Not really no.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    I see what you did there.

I'm sporting the Kobe V's and I doubt shoes are going to get any lighter. The hyperizes I also own are quite light but they are "heavy" compared to the Kobe's. The ankle support is also not a big deal. The shoe is very stable and I have not been having ankle/knee issues when wearing them other than hyper-extending my knee but that's not going to not happen when wearing high-tops.
    Yeah I threw that joke in there.

That's crazy, the only injury I had in my Hyperizes was hyperextending my knee too(my left)... Weird.

Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

Yeah I threw that joke in there.

That's crazy, the only injury I had in my Hyperizes was hyperextending my knee too(my left)... Weird.
    It's not that weird, quite a common basketball injury actually. And no matter what shoe you wear nothings going to help on that.

But on topic, you're not going to find a lighter shoe than the Kobe V made specifically for basketball.

bosh gave me my jacket Hibachi!'s Avatar

i heard these are pretty lightweight...