Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: The BigAss 2nd term thread

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Obama's giving a speech on drones and Guantanamo tomorrow.
    I wonder how many nobel peace recipients are in charge of drone execution campaigns and torture prisons?

Thinking about the Benghazi story and how it's become more and more apparent that the CIA ****ed up in a big way, probably even more so than the State Department. The NY Times has an editorial today that the CIA needs to come clean and own up to its failures. The State Department already had investigation and made changes and 4 people got removed from their jobs, but so far the CIA has gotten off the hook. It's been quite obvious for a while now that they way the Republicans have conducted themselves that this is about big political stakes and they had a target in mind. Who was head of the State Department during this? Hiliary Clinton, presumptive nominee for the Democratic Party in 2016.

However, perhaps the political stakes and trickery were not all on one side.
    Who was the head of the CIA? A general who was famed for being insanely ambitious, who had a Republican PR firm work on a campaign to get him a fifth star, who has enough fans that a campaign url for him is still active and who would be a very attractive candidate for the Republicans in 2016? Yes, David Petraeus. Two months after the Benghazi attack and just a few days after the presidential election, Petraeus is brought down by an piddling affair with a graduate student.

Interesting.

National High School Star

Looks like the healthcare exchanges will turn out to be pretty good deals.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...er-shock-here#

Based on the premiums that insurers have submitted for final regulatory approval, the majority of Californians buying coverage on the state's new insurance exchange will be paying less

Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain among the front-runners to play Hillary Clinton in Rodham.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...m-8632651.html

Elizabeth Warren wants to push down student loans rates to .75%

The same as the banks pay.

Can we just nominate her for president now? I mean do we REALLY have to wait a couple more years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Elizabeth Warren wants to push down student loans rates to .75%

The same as the banks pay.

Can we just nominate her for president now? I mean do we REALLY have to wait a couple more years?
    She is doing nothing more than political posturing with that policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    She is doing nothing more than political posturing with that policy.
    I know, but still she's at least doing something.

Watching the republicans squabble and say no like two year olds to anything involving this issue is hilarious though.

I still don't understand what their problem with allowing the interest to fluctuate with the economy is.

Actually I retract that, I don't think she's posturing per se. I really think she's out after the big banks. Do I think she's taking advantage of it? sure. But I wouldn't say she's ONLY posturing on it.

I don't question that she is against the banking lobby and whatnot but saying she wants student loan rates to be less than 1% a pipe dream and she knows it.

Was there any issue with him, I haven't even heard of him.

He's the mayor of Charlotte. No real experience with transportation (our light rail system, freeway loops, etc were done under previous mayors), but he and POTUS are buds.

I'm all for it. It will get the city some needed funds for continuing the rail system and it gets Foxx out of the mayor's office.

And no, there doesn't seem to be any issue with him getting confirmed.

Wow.

Man with ties to Boston bombing suspect shot during FBI questioning
    https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dDGS...=English&hl=en
    I've been wondering about this story ever since the initial reports couldn't even get the story straight which shouldn't have been hard since there were supposed to be FBI agents in the room with the guy. If you read those initial stories, it was obvious that they were quoting FBI sources who were NOT at the interrogation.

If you remember he was supposed to have lunged at an FBI with a knife in his hand.
    Now there's this
    Sources: Ibragim Todashev was unarmed when FBI agent killed him

Sources said Todashev might have been lunging toward a sword, but he was not in possession of it.

Law enforcement officials said Todashev was in the process of confessing to a 2011 triple murder in Waltham, Mass., and was working on writing out the details of the crime when he snapped and turned violent.

Officials said Todashev pushed a table and possibly threw a chair.
    It's a week later, and they still aren't definitive about anything.

The dead guy's wife is going to hold a press conference tonight.
    An Islamic group Wednesday called for a federal civil-rights investigation of last week's fatal shooting of an Orlando man by an FBI agent investigating the Boston Marathon bombing.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations' Florida chapter also cited unnamed sources within the FBI as saying Ibragim Todashev was not armed at the time of the shooting.

"We did confirm today with sources within the FBI that he was unarmed," CAIR-Tampa Executive Director Hassan Shibly told the Orlando Sentinel this afternoon.

The call for an independent investigation follows conflicting anonymous accounts of the shooting in south Orlando when the Muslim man was being questioned by FBI and Massachusetts State Police investigators about his possible role in a triple murder near Boston.

Those accounts from unnamed federal-law enforcement sources first claimed Todashev might have been armed with a knife.
    Move over Trayvon Martin, Florida's got another investigation on their hands.

GDP report that was released today coupled with numerous other economic indicators show that private hiring is going to increase at a much faster pace than the last few years.

GDP was up 2.4% in the first quarter despite the fact that there has been a 12% reduction in government expenditures over the last two quarters. The Consumer Confidence Index is the strongest it has been since the recession... the stock market is setting records and companies have/are stockpilling cash reserves. Despite the last 3 metrics... corporate profits decreased 43.8 billion in the first quarter, and tax revenue from private companies has gone down the last two quarters. One can assume that a large part of that decrease can be attributed to a reinvestment in funds into their organizations... and that typically precipitates a rise in private hiring.

Many have wondered when the tipping point was going to occur for hiring with corporations experiancing expanding financial growth. It looks like it is happening now...

Default Obama finds honest Republican. Appoints him FBI Director.

The fact that he reminds nation what a real political scandal looks like, sticks it to opponents is just a bonus.
    President Obama plans to nominate James B. Comey, a former hedge fund executive who served as a senior Justice Department official under President George W. Bush, to replace Robert S. Mueller III as the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, according to two people with knowledge of the selection.
    By choosing Mr. Comey, a Republican, Mr. Obama made a strong statement about bipartisanship at a time when he faces renewed criticism from Republicans in Congress and has had difficulty winning confirmation of some important nominees. At the same time, Mr. Comey’s role in one of the most dramatic episodes of the Bush administration — in which he refused to acquiesce to White House aides and reauthorize a program for eavesdropping without warrants when he was serving as acting attorney general — should make him an acceptable choice to Democrats.
    Here's his testimony, if you don't know the name.
    MSNBC was super excited about this last night.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 05-30-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Default Re: Obama finds honest Republican. Appoints him FBI Director.

Also Tea Party Queen Michelle Bachman announced she is not running for re-election.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with this.
    The civil lawsuit filed by a former Michele Bachmann presidential campaign staffer against the Minnesota Republican is headed to trial next year.
    Barbara Heki alleges that senior member of the congresswoman's presidential campaign covered up the theft of a proprietary e-mail list of home-school families.
    Scheduled for May 2014, the trial would not bring an end to the legal and ethical problems stemming from Bachmann's 2012 White House bid, which is under investigation by several federal agencies, including the FBI.
    Heki, a campaign outreach director, also took her theft allegations to police in Urbandale, Iowa, where the matter remains under investigation.
    I wonder if this is a good time to put my Michelle Bachman comic book up on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Biased poll.
    You don't happen to work for the Virginia GOP, do you?