Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: KU will choke again early in March Madness this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    Come home Bill, your work is done in Kansas

Keep dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    Come home Bill, your work is done in Kansas

Guys had your shots back in the day but, in the parlance of my OSU buddy, they were "ate up with the dumbass" over Eddie Sutton.

No way Self ends up back at Ok State minus some huge scandal ... like getting caught with a live boy or a dead girl.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Is OP ever right about anything? Lots of evidence telling me the answer is no.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Is OP ever right about anything? Lots of evidence telling me the answer is no.
    He's quite dumb.

Such a great thread I thought we should revisit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Great bump.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Epic thread backfire of all mass proportions.

Self COY....

So what? You can get lucky in a tournament but slip all the way back to what you used to be just a year later. Id like to see how people comment next year once KU chokes again and drops against Mid-Major league teams. Last year people were saying how Self choked and should be fired by Kansas, now so much bandwagon going on. You may say whatever about me, but at least I am being consistent.
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 04-01-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    So what? You can get lucky in a tournament but slip all the way back to what you used to be just a year later. Id like to see how people comment next year once KU chokes again and drops against Mid-Major league teams. Last year people were saying how Self choked and should be fired by Kansas, now so much bandwagon going on. You may say whatever about me, but at least I am being consistent.
    A lot of the times the ball doesn't bounce your way. Mizzou and Duke this year? UConn, the national champs from last year? Get a clue. We all know Self fkd you in your loose ace hole and then never called you after that. Move on, find some one else.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

You may say whatever about me, but at least I am being consistent.
    Consistent at making a fool out of yourself. Yep.

Isn't Roy Williams a great coach? Didn't he spend 15years in Kansas and not win a title? Hasn't Self won a title?

This is college sports...and it's not the BS that Florida got in football. To win a title kinda says a lot about you as a coach. But whatever.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Maybe those mid majors just got lucky against KU...moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Isn't Roy Williams a great coach? Didn't he spend 15years in Kansas and not win a title? Hasn't Self won a title?

This is college sports...and it's not the BS that Florida got in football. To win a title kinda says a lot about you as a coach. But whatever.
    I'd argue that in college basketball you never can be certain if the tournament winner is the true national champion because of all the luck you need along with skill and talent to win six straight single-elimination tournament games, but it does have more certainty to it than the college football national championship.

I don't know how many times I've found myself questioning at the end of the NCAA tournament if the team that won the final game was truly the best team in the country that year. Point being, consistently making and losing in the early rounds doesn't make you a great coach -- unless you do it at a smaller school. Consistently making the tournament and making runs to the Sweet 16, Elite 8, and beyond does make you a great coach. Making Final Fours and winning national championships should not and do not define the greatness of a coach. There is just too much that can happen in any one basketball game to allow a "Cinderella" to "upset" the favorite. If the NCAA tournament was setup in a four round best of three format then sure, teams like Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, etc. would make the Final Four almost every year. But in a single elimination tournament with all the uncertainty surrounding it, you can't call a coach "bad" or "choker" when he makes a few Final Fours and wins a national championship or two.
    Last edited by KG215; 04-02-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Kiddslovesnets, how about you look at the 2011-2012 season as what many thought it was going to be for Kansas. They lost four starters from last year's team, including two All-Big 12/All-American caliber players in the Morris twins. On top of that three of their 2011 recruits were ruled ineligible for the season. Basically all they had was a bunch of unknowns heading into the year. Sure, Thomas Robinson was being selected for preseason All-American teams but he was still unproven. Withey was still raw and and unknown, and Tyshawn Taylor was a turnover machine early in the season. I remember watching them against Duke in Maui and thinking this team will be lucky to win 20 games and finish higher than 4th or 5th in the Big 12.

Yet, here we are five months later, and Kansas is playing Kentucky for a national championship. There's no help for you if you can't see that what Self has done with this Kansas team truly is remarkable.