Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

He could just suck in pre-draft camps and fall.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I predicted this was coming. Rubio must be so pissed. The two likely teams to pick him are either Memphis or OKC. OMG, that is worst case for Rubio.

Plus he's got a HUGE buyout. I predicted if he doesn't get the choice of places he wants to go, he'll simply stay in Spain, honor his contract there, and wait another year or two.....

This is the best chance for my Knicks to get Rubio. C'mon Memphis, #8 pick and Nate Robinson for #2.....
    I'd rather trade the entire team for a bag of peanuts, a dinosaur colouring book and AIDS than trading the 2nd pick for that inked up pip-squeak, who's only skill is to jump high.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I'd rather trade the entire team for a bag of peanuts, a dinosaur colouring book and AIDS than trading the 2nd pick for that inked up pip-squeak, who's only skill is to jump high.
    Come on, Nate has his attitude issues, but he's a pretty good player; had the Knicks made the playoffs his name would've been in contention for 6th man of the year. However, I do agree that Memphis shouldn't take on an older 5-9 version of OJ Mayo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Wow....that's pretty strong words......

First of all, it was #8 pick and Nate, not just Nate......

Second, Nate scored 17 points in 30 minutes a game last year. Only one of most exciting players in game, but I know, since he's a Knick, he's worthless, right? It must have all been run-and-gun right?

Nate had a better scoring rate than Gay or Mayo per 48 minutes. He becomes your best player.

Hey, I probably wouldn't do it either, but its not a ridiculous offer, especially if Knicks throw in another asset.
    Last edited by bagelred; 05-21-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Banned

Second, Nate scored 17 points in 30 minutes a game last year. Only one of most exciting players in game, but I know, since he's a Knick, he's worthless, right? It must have all been run-and-gun right?

Hey, I probably wouldn't do it either, but its not a ridiculous offer, especially if Knicks throw in another asset.
    I dont want Nate either, not because of I feel hes overrated by D'Antoni's system but because he will be requesting starter money this offseason and for the Grizzlies he would only end up as our 6th Man coming in to ballhog and get his points before going back to the bench.

I'd rather do Rubio(#2 Pick),Jaric,Darko for #8,2011 1st Round Pick,Chandler,Duhon,& Eddy Curry.

Yes I said Eddy Curry.

I understand his (his agent's) reasoning and I know this has happened before, but I still think refusing to go to certain teams is stupid. The NBA draft is where the teams pick players, not the other way around. Ricky entered the draft, knowing that he would be an early pick and probably end up on a 'bad' team. I hope this doesnt mean we wont see him in the league next year. that would sck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This thread should be renamed "Rubio's Agent doesnt want him to go to Memphis or OKC" because I didnt see any quotes from Rubio in there.
    The agent usually is just the public voice of his handlers,& Nike.

Everyone believed it was Yi's agent who didn't want him in Milwaukee, until after 1 year Yi was then traded from Milwaukee to New Jersey(a bigger market) and now looks to be forcing his way back on to the trading block.

OKC & Memphis aren't big markets & although both teams have young stars neither expect to compete in the next 2 seasons as we both build.

Where did Sacramento come from?
    Does Fegan think that this would be a good calculated move if the Kings end up in Las Vegas in a few years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    I understand his (his agent's) reasoning and I know this has happened before, but I still think refusing to go to certain teams is stupid. The NBA draft is where the teams pick players, not the other way around. Ricky entered the draft, knowing that he would be an early pick and probably end up on a 'bad' team. I hope this doesnt mean we wont see him in the league next year. that would sck.
    Yeah a lot of players aren't grateful anymore about the love of the game and the opportunity to play in the NBA, a majority of players' decisions are fueled by money through contracts,shoe deals,promotional deals,etc.

Rubio holds the leverage, if he wants to go to LA,Sacramento,Portland or New York he can make it happen or spend the next 3 or 4 years in Spain while a team wastes their high lottery pick on him trying to convince him to come over.

Kobe did the same thing and Charlotte was smart enough to finalize a good trade offer from LA at the time to help them improve immediately.

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRINKER
    it annoys me when fans see athletes as video game pieces and think that as a fan they are entitled to decide how a player should live his life.

Going to a new city in a new country is a career move. This is a kid's future career here and its no different than a business major deciding what to do out of college. Would you want Ricky Rubio telling you where you should or should not, could or could not accept a job offer? If not, then back off.
    Exactly. Like any of you guys wouldn't try to have a word on your future.

Hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator

I'd rather do Rubio(#2 Pick),Jaric,Darko for #8,2011 1st Round Pick,Chandler,Duhon,& Eddy Curry.

Yes I said Eddy Curry.
    That's way too much for Knicks to give up.

Firstly, believe it or not, Curry is an ASSET. Some team would be very smart to pick up Curry since Knicks are going to simply give him away. Unfortantely for Knicks, they need cap space and Curry doesn't fit D'Antoni's style...worst of both worlds.

You are trying to pull off a "Hershel Walker" trade, which is a good idea. But that is WAY WAY too much. That's essentially 5 good talents for 1. No dice.

#8, Chris Duhon, Eddy Curry for #2 and Darko.

Banned

That's way too much for Knicks to give up.

Firstly, believe it or not, Curry is an ASSET. Some team would be very smart to pick up Curry since Knicks are going to simply give him away. Unfortantely for Knicks, they need cap space and Curry doesn't fit D'Antoni's style...worst of both worlds.

You are trying to pull off a "Hershel Walker" trade, which is a good idea. But that is WAY WAY too much. That's essentially 5 good talents for 1. No dice.

#8, Chris Duhon, Eddy Curry for #2 and Darko.
    #8, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry for #2 and Jaric.

Adriana Lima doesn't even come to our games.

#8, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry for #2 and Jaric.
    No deal. Can't take Jaric's contract and Chandler's a keeper.

#8, Chris Duhon or Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry, cash for #2 and Darko.

Banned

No deal. Don't want Jaric's contract and Chandler's a keeper.

#8, Chris Duhon, Eddy Curry, cash for #2 and Darko.
    #2, Hakim Warrick for #8, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry.

Warrick was solid for us last season and could provide some production at the 3/4 position for New York.

No deal without Chandler, he could be expendable if Cocky returns next season.

#2, Hakim Warrick for #8, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry.

Warrick was solid for us last season and could provide some production at the 3/4 position for New York.

No deal without Chandler, he could be expendable if Cocky returns next season.
    Knicks aren't giving up Chandler. Way too much upside and he's perfect for D'Antoni's system and he's signed cheaply until after 2010. That's not gonna happen. Knicks would rather just take #8 selection then. Chandler has future All Star potential, if he puts it all together.

I am Chris Wilcox

Nate had a better scoring rate than Gay or Mayo per 48 minutes. He becomes your best player.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head with that one, he's a knick that's why I don't want him. Great logic there chief.

I also don't care about the system he was in, because Memphis also play a run and gun style of ball, so Nate might actually do well in our system, if we didn't already have 2 players (Mayo and Gay) who already demand a lot of the ball and already take a lot of shots between them. We don't need another top scorer, well not yet anyway, we have other needs.

We need a backup point that can come in and control the game (something I don't see Nate do), sure Nate can score, but he can't control the game nor direct traffic. We also need a starting PF, before we address anything else. We also need some solid bench players.