Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default This Librarian Drove me "Batty" Today

I checked out a copy of "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns pt 1" from the local public library this morning. I saw it before but wanted to watch it again this weekend. I was impressed.

On the way home I noticed that the librarian had accidentally given me 1992's "Batman Returns" with Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito instead. The same thing happened the first time I borrowed this film. Honest enough mistake and I just walked back to the library and politely asked for the right disc. But then the librarian got all freaked out and just said "No, that's Batman Returns."

"But it's not the right one" I said and pointed out the full title on the box.

"Batman is Batman." she said and just kind of crossed her arms.

Without wanting to lecture her about how off base she was acting I just repeated that it was the wrong disc. Lucky for me, a library volunteer intervened and got the right disc for me.

The librarian said "I hate those videos anyway."

She also asked my friend "who would want to read Keith Richard's bio?" when he checked it out.

Default Re: This Librarian Drove me "Batty" Today

As someone who's worked in libraries for awhile now, I apologize on behalf of the profession that you had such a dumbass helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    I checked out a copy of "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns pt 1" from the local public library this morning. I saw it before but wanted to watch it again this weekend. I was impressed.

On the way home I noticed that the librarian had accidentally given me 1992's "Batman Returns" with Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito instead. The same thing happened the first time I borrowed this film. Honest enough mistake and I just walked back to the library and politely asked for the right disc. But then the librarian got all freaked out and just said "No, that's Batman Returns."

Without wanting to lecture her about how off base she was acting I just repeated that it was the wrong disc. Lucky for me, a library volunteer intervened and got the right disc for me.

She also asked my friend "who would want to read Keith Richard's bio?" when he checked it out.
    what race are you and what race is she?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy

you should file a complaint with her boss. She cant act like that to patrons.

Come on man, who doesn't love a good superhero flick where Danny Devito plays the main badguy?

Why do you act like she gave you Batman Forever?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    how did I miss this the first time around?

Both of them are On Demand if you have cable movie channels

Also, the librarian is likely one of those sensitive snow flakes that is offended by 'crude tastes' and judges everyone on whether or not you can cite Dante, Tolstoy and others of that ilk.

Ssss all good, bro. She's prolly kinda awkward nice after she uses the hot pink vibrator top drawer left.
    Last edited by ROCSteady; 03-05-2016 at 07:00 PM.