Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Arkwardest/Embarrasing moments that ever happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Thanks, man. I monetized my Rake channel a while ago and it seemed to monetize all my videos automatically. I have this weird fear about flipping the switch for my NBA channel, in case one accidentally gets monetized that I didn't want to be, catching the NBA's attention and resulting in them shutting my channel down - would be a lot of man-hours down the drain. I was wondering about the "monetize one at a time" thing, so again, I appreciate the input.

Either way, unfortunately, the 20 million views all went to third parties. People downloaded my video and uploaded it on their own Facebook site. Not sure there's a ton I can do about that one :-\ The original is sitting at a touch over 20,000.
    Your NBA videos are automatically locked, no biggie they won't shut your channel or even delete said videos, but you can't make money off of them. Your own however, you can. And I would most definitely look into this shit, be it with youtube, lawyer, or 3rd party person directly, and get your money. After all, you uploaded the original, it is your video. And like I said, 20m views = a nice amount of money.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Your NBA videos are automatically locked, no biggie they won't shut your channel or even delete said videos, but you can't make money off of them. Your own however, you can. And I would most definitely look into this shit, be it with youtube, lawyer, or 3rd party person directly, and get your money. After all, you uploaded the original, it is your video. And like I said, 20m views = a nice amount of money.
    Thanks, man. I sort of resigned myself to not being able to do a whole lot retrospectively. Before it went viral I'd already read a few articles about how this has happened to a lot of people, where people "freeboot" YouTube videos to Facebook as their own, with owners of original content not left with much they can do in response beyond flagging it. Apparently it's a big time issue, especially for folks who curate content on a regular basis. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-f...-viral-2015-11

And I mean, I guess in a way, if the original guys didn't steal it and put it on Facebook, it may have never gone viral to begin with so, I don't know. I thought about this angle too though: I didn't film the game myself - it was a copy of the filmmaker's tape from a game I played in, so I wonder if that wouldn't even make me the owner or something.

NBA Superstar

Anyway, back on track. Not sure if this one's going to translate but...

My little brother's team had a new varsity basketball coach a few years ago, named Coach Fortescue (pronounced Ford-askew). Young bro is a little quiet and shy, especially around adults he doesn't know.

Anyhow, at the first open gym under his tenure, Coach Fortescue was walking around and introducing himself to all the players. Caught my brother off guard and things went weird fast.

Basically, the coach came by and said, "Hi, I'm Coach Fortescue." But my brother inexplicably heard it as, "Hi, I'm 42." So my bro panicked, trying to figure out what the hell the new guy was talking about. He decided it must be some kind of jersey number theme thing, so he shook the coach's hand and said...

"Hi, I'm 24."

Thanks for the laugh Rake.

NBA Superstar

Went to a wedding for the friend of a friend this weekend. Arrived on my own because my date was a part of the bridal party.

Kind of strange going solo, didn't totally know what to do and didn't know anybody, so I just made sure to show up 10 minutes early, provided a firm and hearty handshake to the groom as he stood by the door, congratulated him on the wedding, then quickly found my seat.

Turns out I shook the hand of the bride's brother, not the groom. So... spent the rest of the night avoiding that guy and now I'll forever be the random dude who congratulated a guy for marrying his own sister.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Back in high school, we had a substitute teacher in Spanish class one day. Like most sub days, we had a movie scheduled. We also had a project due soon, so we had visual aides that needed to be worked on and completed. As such, likely reading directly from the lesson plan, the substitute teacher said, "As you watch the movie, you may work on your visual."

Then, as if I had suddenly become afflicted with an acute case of tourette's syndrome, I stood up, grabbed my crotch and said, "How 'bout you work on this visual." Then I quietly sat back down.

My retort was so off the wall that there wasn't even a response. Even my boy who sat next to me was just looking like, "Dude. What. The Hell. Was that?" Everyone's eyes were on me for a moment, then darted to the sub to gauge her response. Thankfully, she froze, then just laughed it off - which then signaled that it was okay for everyone else to exhale and laugh a little too.

I know it sounds like I was just trying to be hilarious, like normal high school hijinks, but that was totally out of character and I have no idea how it happened. It was embarrassing. I am quite thankful the sub was cool enough not to, like, interpret it as sexual harassment. My friends still bust out the "How 'bout you work on this visual" line every now and again to this day.

When I was 15, my girlfriend's dad was a substitute teacher for night classes. It was perfect. I'd go over after school at 4-5, hang out for a bit, he would leave for work, and we'd do whatever we'd want.

So one day he leaves, we're up in her room, totally nude, no sex, but there's a lot of not-so-dry humping; lip sliding. Well, this particular night his class was cancelled and he was back with the quickness. They lived in an old Victorian house, so her room was on the third and we didn't hear the re-entry.

I just remember hearing "Steph?", followed by lights on, and "What the ****"...no time to react as he stood by the door to her room saying "You better get the fuck out of here." Good time to mention that he was also a practicing black belt in Kung-Fu. He never threatened me physically, but I was terrified walking past him from her room into the hallway before I sprinted down 3 floors to my car and drove home.

The worst part was her parents were divorced and her mom used it as some "cool-mom" talking point about responsible sex so it wouldn't die for several months.

Very awkward relationship after that.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

One of my warehouse bosses went to hug me and I put my hand up to say no to her cause I was ****ing filthy and got straight tit. Awkward.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

One time in a playoff game I tried to take a charge and instead got elbowed in the head and called for a block. I was a little out of it after that, and my coach was like "you want out?" And I told him I was fine. Bad decision. I grab the easy rebound off the free throw miss and proceed to lay it back in. ON THE WRONG HOOP. Keep in mind that made it a one possession game in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. The sad thing was as soon as it left my hands I realized my mistake. Looked up at the stands as I was running back the other way and my parents looked embarassed as hell. It was an awful feeling.

Luckily we won and I had 4 straight freethrows in the final minute to seal it but it could've been worse.

Very good NBA starter

accidentally sent a text to my buddy asking "what are you wearing?'

it was meant to go to some ho.

there were several messages going on and it was a brain fart mistake.

he was like wtf f@ggot and then clowned me for a bit.

it was well deserved.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    When I was 15, my girlfriend's dad was a substitute teacher for night classes. It was perfect. I'd go over after school at 4-5, hang out for a bit, he would leave for work, and we'd do whatever we'd want.

So one day he leaves, we're up in her room, totally nude, no sex, but there's a lot of not-so-dry humping; lip sliding. Well, this particular night his class was cancelled and he was back with the quickness. They lived in an old Victorian house, so her room was on the third and we didn't hear the re-entry.

I just remember hearing "Steph?", followed by lights on, and "What the ****"...no time to react as he stood by the door to her room saying "You better get the fuck out of here." Good time to mention that he was also a practicing black belt in Kung-Fu. He never threatened me physically, but I was terrified walking past him from her room into the hallway before I sprinted down 3 floors to my car and drove home.

The worst part was her parents were divorced and her mom used it as some "cool-mom" talking point about responsible sex so it wouldn't die for several months.

Very awkward relationship after that.
    You got lucky.

I would've beat the shit out of you.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    One of my warehouse bosses went to hug me and I put my hand up to say no to her cause I was ****ing filthy and got straight tit. Awkward.

That is awesome lol. How were they? Were they built for speed or for comfort?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    That is awesome lol. How were they? Were they built for speed or for comfort?
    She's one of those super skinny hippy chicks, but enough for me to appreciate the gravity of my mistake. She's still all happy go lucky in love with the world around me but I feel weird at least. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the pool of people who have grabbed her tits is not a small one.

when it comes to my mind I will surely contribute

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I think I've said it before but when I was in college I had a friend named Bridget who I would always flirt/play fight with (pushing each other, smacking each other, tripping each other etc). One my first day of Astronomy class I was scoping out the lecture hall to see where I wanted to sit and I saw Bridget sitting towards the front so I went to go sit with her. I walked up and said "hey bitch" and smacked her in the back of the head.

It wasn't her at all...the girl screams "dude what the hell!?" and I spent the next hour apologizing to her and took her out to lunch after class

I miss B-Low