Page 103 of 130 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1937

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Just once I wish UNC could play Kansas with appreciably more talent so Roy could finally beat them and get this monkey off his back.

Do you now see my problem with the McAdoo-Roy dynamic?

STOP ****ING FEEDING HIM THE BALL

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Do you now see my problem with the McAdoo-Roy dynamic?

STOP ****ING FEEDING HIM THE BALL
    Yes, and it should be even more obvious to stop feeding him the ball with a damn 7-footer guarding him.

And now Kansas can't miss from three. This is going to end up being a 20+ point win. We're so f***ing bad against top tier teams this year.

San Diego St. will run FGCU out of the building. They'll win by 20+. That's the downside to having the big first round upsets.

Please committee, just give us Kansas in Greensboro or Charlotte one year when we're a top 5 team and 1-seed and they're having a down year. Or hell, give us Kansas one year as our 1-seed where we're the 2-seed, but the regional is in Charlotte instead of f***ing St. Louis like it was last year when UNC was the 1-seed and Kansas was the 2-seed.

Meh. We would have beaten them last year if Creighton wasn't out to intentionally injure our players (I swear to god if I ever meet that winker...) and we should have beaten them in 2008. Although Kansas gets all the credit in that game.

I don't care about the Roy vs. Self crap.

We badly need a post player who plays in the post... How does an offense that plays inside out not land a top tier post recruit in FOUR straight recruiting classes? And we aren't recruiting one in 2014 either, so it will be five straight classes!

Hopefully by then someone will develop with a back to the basket game. Or Roy needs to change the one he plays from here forward because he just doesn't have the personnel to run his system. Obviously proven and starting with this year where he actually was forced to change it up.

2014: Wiggins or bust.

Meh. We would have beaten them last year if Creighton wasn't out to intentionally injure our players (I swear to god if I ever meet that winker...) and we should have beaten them in 2008. Although Kansas gets all the credit in that game.

I don't care about the Roy vs. Self crap.

We badly need a post player who plays in the post... How does an offense that plays inside out not land a top tier post recruit in FOUR straight recruiting classes? And we aren't recruiting one in 2014 either, so it will be five straight classes!

Hopefully by then someone will develop with a back to the basket game. Or Roy needs to change the one he plays from here forward because he just doesn't have the personnel to run his system. Obviously proven and starting with this year where he actually was forced to change it up.

2014: Wiggins or bust.
    I agree about last year. No way we lose that game with Marshall running the point instead of f***ing Stillman White.

This team was what they were this year, and I can live with that loss, but having zero low post scoring threats is ridiculous for an elite program with offense built around scoring inside-out. Granted you need athletic bigs that can run the floor, but after a run of Sean May, Tyler Hansbrough, Brandan Wright, Tyler Zeller, and John Henson, it's more than little perplexing why we can't land an elite low post prospect. I'd say Kennedy Meeks but, like you pointed out yesterday or the day before, he seems to be more of a face-up big with good passing skills. But with his hands and size, he needs to develop a back to the basket game.

The asinine part of it is that, except for Zeller (who was draft 17th, I mean c'mon...), every other 5 star post recruit under Roy has ended up a lottery pick.

Marvin, if you want to consider him a combo-forward.
    Hansbrough.
    Wright.
    Davis.
    Henson.
    --
    Zeller - 17th overall.

And hell, I'll throw in Sean May if anyone followed his college career. The guy was so incredibly out of shape and Roy pushed his fat ass into the most dominant player in college basketball by the end of his junior season and into the lottery. After he left UNC he fell back to his old ways (and the injuries didn't help).

By the way if you look at the list, you will also notice only Wright (one and done) and Henson didn't leave with a championship ring. All those guys were a featured player on offense except Marvin, only because he came off the bench.

For some reason these guys don't want to play for UNC anymore. I can't understand why...

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    San Diego St. will run FGCU out of the building. They'll win by 20+. That's the downside to having the big first round upsets.

Go FGCU!!!!
    Last edited by kNicKz; 03-24-2013 at 08:45 PM.

The asinine part of it is that, except for Zeller (who was draft 17th, I mean c'mon...), every other 5 star post recruit under Roy has ended up a lottery pick.

Marvin, if you want to consider him a combo-forward.
    Hansbrough.
    Wright.
    Davis.
    Henson.
    --
    Zeller - 17th overall.

And hell, I'll throw in Sean May if anyone followed his college career. The guy was so incredibly out of shape and Roy pushed his fat ass into the most dominant player in college basketball by the end of his junior season and into the lottery. After he left UNC he fell back to his old ways (and the injuries didn't help).

By the way if you look at the list, you will also notice only Wright (one and done) and Henson didn't leave with a championship ring. All those guys were a featured player on offense except Marvin, only because he came off the bench.

For some reason these guys don't want to play for UNC anymore. I can't understand why...
    Yeah, and everyone talks about how Roy's most successful when he has a great PG ala Felton, Lawson, and Marshall. However, maybe an even more key component to those teams have been a dominant low post scorer. Zeller wasn't as good as May or Hansbrough, but he was pretty damn good in his own right by his junior and senior seasons. And I still contest that last year, if Henson and Marshall don't get hurt, we more-or-less breeze our way through the region, win our Final Four game, and set-up a huge heavyweight brawl with Kentucky in the championship game. And who knows what happens there. They got us by 1 point in Lexington earlier in the season, but we were clicking towards the end of the year and into the ACC Tournament before Henson got hurt.

Anyway, like you said, all of Roy's teams that have at least made a Final Four featured a great frontcourt player who he ran the halfcourt offense through. And all but one was a lottery pick, and Zeller was still a mid 1st round pick. You'd think elite frontcourt recruits would be knocking down Roy's door to play here along with elite PG prospects.

A 15th seed is about the make the Sweet 16 for the first time ever. Florida GC is fun team to watch.

Wacky and unpredictable tournament so far as many predicted.

Lmao. You couldn't have been more wrong. Fgcu is making teams look like scrubs.

Not only is Florida Gulf Coast going to win 2 games they may win both games by double figures, while also leading by nearly 20 at one point and never really being threatened down the stretch. Basically, as a 15-seed, they've comfortably beat a 2-seed and 7-seed.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Not only is Florida Gulf Coast going to win 2 games they may win both games by double figures, while also leading by nearly 20 at one point and never really being threatened down the stretch. Basically, as a 15-seed, they've comfortably beat a 2-seed and 7-seed.
    They also beat another 2 seed in the regular season