Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
    a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You positive you did a complete checklist of what you needed?
    99.5% positive

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

That sounds like bounties.

I know I was missing bounties in Mexico. You need a certain number in each area.

I got the "Friend's in High Places" Trophy the other night. Pay off a 5K bounty with a card. It was tough sledding building up a 5K bounty. You gotta kill an awfull lot of people. I kept having to escape and save it, cause if you die you lose your bounty, and it's not easy to make it to 5K in one shot.

And I stumbled into an OJ Simpson trophy in the process too. "Escaping South on a White Bronco". You have to lose the US Marshalls while heading south in a Hungarian Half Bred. So I just happened to be trying to get my 5K bounty up running back and fourth between Armadillo and MacFarlane's Ranch, so I was in the US. And apparently when you kill enough cops, they send the US Marshalls after you. And I was using the Hungarian because it's one of the best horses. And I was running from MacFarlane's to Armadillo so I was sort of heading in a southernly direction. And the trophy popped up.

I think their's one more trophy I can get in single player. Complete 20 straight missions with the same horse, which would require me to start over, which I'm not really interested in at the moment.

I'm gonna try to get more into the multiplayer until something else comes out that I'm interested in. I really suck at the multiplayer. I have to Free Roam for a while to level up I think so I don't keep getting stuck with that damn donkey, the El Senor.

High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    sucks that I'm 99.5% but I already cleared the hideouts and did all my bounties.

it sucks. I don't know what that other .5% is
    I hope Jeff doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    99.5% positive

i have 99.4%

i know iam missing bounties,is there any way to check how many you have done?I cant seem to find the stat.

edit-i got 100%
    Last edited by Brujesino; 07-23-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Just finished it... pretty good game. I've done 72%... gotta get myself a checklist and get 100%

I love the ending credit song and the piano version of Exodus in America..

Currently downloading the soundtrack!

Banned

rdr is def better than gta 4 , wild west > future.

This is how my great grandpa used to role. lol

Ok I know this is a old thread, but I had just finished the game and I realized...I never did the side mission "i know you" and therefore I basically cannot do it since I am Jack now...what the hell?

Does anyone still play this online? I've been jumping on it every now and then through out the past month. Fun game, but it gets old real fast online. It's about time for some more story DLC.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Does anyone still play this online? I've been jumping on it every now and then through out the past month. Fun game, but it gets old real fast online. It's about time for some more story DLC.
    i didn't even finish the story and stopped playing it completely around august. i just felt like i had played it enough and gotten everything out of it. looking back i think it's one of the best games i've ever played. i want to see more games with that sense of scale and atmosphere, it of course wore off after playing it a bunch but when you first hop on that horse and see the landscape its a truly unique experience in a game.

I'm almost a 100% exclusive sports gamer. I just tend to get really immerssed in 2K, The Show and NCAA Football, but I've heard so many good things about RDR, and it sounds like a non-sports game I'd really like. I'm just VERY picky when it comes to non-sports games for some reason. I've been that for awhile now.

I've heard this is a free-roaming game, correct? The two main non-sports games I've gotten myself addicted to in the past have been the GTA series and the Fable series and those are free-roaming, which is a big reason why I enjoy them so much. So, if RDR is like Fable and GTA in that aspect, I may have to buy a used copy.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-13-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

yup, its grand theft auto in the wild west, its a great game, with a lot of depth to it

NBA lottery pick

Just saw a thread on 4chan that made me want to play this again.

-[COLOR=black]The preacher at the Blackwater church will actually give sermons on Sundays around noon.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-If you hogtie someone, crouch, and attack them with your knife, you'll cut their throat.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-Whistling for your horse also alert your presence to other animals.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-Ammo count for currently equipped gun is reflected in the bandolier.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-when you look up during a rainstorm the screen starts to get wet, when you look down the screen starts to clear[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-If you shoot dynamite or a molotov whilst an enemy is holding it, it will blow up in their hand.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-If you lasso someone long enough without hogtie-ing them or dragging them, they'll be choked to death.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-If you hogtie a woman and drop her on some railroad tracks, and get a train to run over her, you unlock an achievement called "Dastardly!"[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-[/COLOR][COLOR=black]If you are wanted by lawmen for your crimes, and you are not equipping any weapons, you can simply walk up to them and surrender yourself. You will be put in jail for days - depending on how many crimes you have committed.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]-You can whistle at enemies while you're taking cover and they'll pop out and fire in your direction, revealing their location.
    [/COLOR]
    The attention to detail in this game is crazy. Also how was the undead dlc? Worth picking up?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro

The attention to detail in this game is crazy. Also how was the undead dlc? Worth picking up?

Loved the Undead DLC personally.

This game was just that good.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro

So worth it, completed the DLC twice. You can get it on disk format 2nd hand for a reasonable price now.

kung buy the Undead DLC. Well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Loved the Undead DLC personally.

This game was just that good.
    Its one of my all time favorite games. Right next to GTA 4. The cost of RDR plus the 2 DLC I purchased (one of which included Undead) was well worth my money worth. Game still has replay value.