Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Best way to gain weight

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
    :cletus2

You serious? I'm sure that much can't be good for ya.
    I am a pescan I, so it evens out.

NBA rookie of the year

My goal is to gain 35 pounds in muscle. I have not gained anything yet and I am about 50 pounds underweight but I am trying to eat more steak/red meat, oatmeal, protein bars and protein shakes. I think that might work or atleast help me maintain my weight.

lets put it this way, if you cant GAIN weight, your problem is less physical and probably mental... seriously you have to be dumb to not gain weight

Buy creatine and proteins, workout properly and eat much (and right...)!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    lets put it this way, if you cant GAIN weight, your problem is less physical and probably mental... seriously you have to be dumb to not gain weight
    Have you ever heard of hard-gainer? IT's harder to gain weight then it is to lose it.

Yes I am one of those guys who has a much harder time gaining weight than losing it.

In high school, I wa 6'0" and hovered around 160lbs most of the time. When I graduated, I moved out to California and started excercising a little bit more, I shed 20lbs in a few months and now I am stuck at 140lbs. No matter what I eat, what I do, i cant gain any of that weight back. Right now my diet consists of over 4000 calories a day, a big load of protein, and some heavy lifting twice a week, and I am very slowly starting to see gains but it is a slow, difficult, expensive process.

In It to Win It

There are three different body types though -
    Ectomorph, Endomorph, and Mesomorph.

Endomorphs have low fat levels, but they have bigger bones and wider shoulders. They're more built. A good basketball example is... LeBron James.

Mesomorphs have large bone structure, they also have wide waists and gain weight easier. They have more fat storage. A good basketball example is... Brian Scalabrine.

Ectomorphs (which I would assume you are) have longer, skinnier arms and legs. They have a tougher time putting on weight. Good basketball examples include... Jamal Crawford, Kevin Durant, Tyson Chandler, and Shaun Livingston.

Basically if you want to put on muscle, I would suggest lifting weights (more weight, less reps), intaking protein (shakes, power bars, milk, whatever) shortly after your workout. Do this a few times a week. Just eat more protein.

If you want to put on fat, just eat more of everything and anything.

And for both, DO NOT DO cardio work (running, jogging, etc.). This will definitely not help the weight-gain process.
    Last edited by ForceOfNature; 05-06-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Have you ever heard of hard-gainer? IT's harder to gain weight then it is to lose it.
    no such thing

if you consume 6000 calories there is no way you wont gain weight, and if you dont then consume more

NBA rookie of the year

no such thing

if you consume 6000 calories there is no way you wont gain weight, and if you dont then consume more
    You don't know what you are talking about. If a small guy like myself ate 6000 calories or more I'd get sick. If you eat until you get sick then you aren't helping anything because you'll likely throw up anyway.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

no such thing

Dude that's what ****ing bodybuilders eat bro.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Dude that's what ****ing bodybuilders eat bro.
    He just has no idea what he's talking about. If it were that simple everyone would do it.

Rice Rice Rice. Should I repeat? Rice. Carbo, protein, all kinds of shyt, tastes great, easy to eat a buttload of them. Rice. Rice Rice. That's how I've become big & buff (ie fat).

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    Ectomorphs (which I would assume you are) have longer, skinnier arms and legs. They have a tougher time putting on weight. Good basketball examples include... Jamal Crawford, Kevin Durant, Tyson Chandler, and Shaun Livingston.

That would be me. Very long arms(can almost touch a 8' ceiling flat-footed) and very long legs. My metabolism is very fast.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Gaining weight might be hard for some people, but losing weight is still harder... If losing weight was easier, you'd have a larger percentage of skinny people in the US.
    No you wouldn't.

America has so many obese people because people are too lazy to cook their own food and buy fast food a handful of times per week. Add that to the fact that so many people don't have physical jobs.

With the exception of someone with a thyroid condition or someone who is morbidly obese...not losing weight is just because someone is lazy and doesn't want to give up certain foods.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    You don't know what you are talking about. If a small guy like myself ate 6000 calories or more I'd get sick. If you eat until you get sick then you aren't helping anything because you'll likely throw up anyway.
    i was a small guy too moron

i use to weigh 135 for 6'0 in height, then i started consuming a **** load of calories and the weight started pooring on... i normally took in like 2500-3000 cal, then i upped that # to 5000 range, and u wont throw anything up, just pace yourself... if you throw up after pacing your way to 5000 cal a day you probably have anorexia or bulimia which is why you cant add on weight

for example, i would eat a different fast food place almost everyday and eat a meal that was 1000 cal plus in itself, sure it may be unhealthy but if you're telling me that if you eat tons of fast food/junk food/candy/and consume a TON of calories and you wont gain weight then you're retarded...
    Last edited by baseketball4life; 05-06-2008 at 03:13 PM.