Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Well just like GTA4 the ps3 version is subhd. It lacks some overall detail including foilage. Nothing game breaking though.

Post 786 shows some examples
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...395669&page=16

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=247305

Very good NBA starter

Wow, I always thought the PS3 was the better overall graphic system. I'm supposed to buy a system this summer so I might have to go with an xbox now. Would hate to pay for online though

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Wow, I always thought the PS3 was the better overall graphic system. I'm supposed to buy a system this summer so I might have to go with an xbox now. Would hate to pay for online though
    I am sure it is but really only shows with exclusives. The ps3 architecture is unique, 360 is basically a pc lite. Devs for multiplatform games are only going to invest so much into the ps3. You do not want to invest too much money and not get a return. Most multiplatform games look better on 360 compared to ps3.

Blu Ray

I'm simply choosing PS3 because of the exclusive games I am a fan of. GT5 and GOWIII, otherwise I'd buy an XBOX.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

I can confirm for I think Gobb? that your horse can die from wild animals. I ran into a pack of wolves and was just checking them out with the camera and they took my horse down in seconds . I was stuck for a minute or 2 without a mount, but atleast I got sweet revenge on the little bastards. I've played so much since I've had it but still never done anything really. Theres so much shit to do that I dont even want to start with the missions really. I decided to go into town and shoot the place up before turning off the ps3 for the night. I ended up with an 1125$ bounty on me and held up in the bank for a few minutes. Eventually there were too many lawmen and I was gunned down but it was really fun I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    I can confirm for I think Gobb? that your horse can die from wild animals. I ran into a pack of wolves and was just checking them out with the camera and they took my horse down in seconds . I was stuck for a minute or 2 without a mount, but atleast I got sweet revenge on the little bastards. I've played so much since I've had it but still never done anything really. Theres so much shit to do that I dont even want to start with the missions really. I decided to go into town and shoot the place up before turning off the ps3 for the night. I ended up with an 1125$ bounty on me and held up in the bank for a few minutes. Eventually there were too many lawmen and I was gunned down but it was really fun I have to say.
    I ran into a cougar that took down my horse with one blow. Luckily I just started my game up after camping in the wilderness. So I just loaded my game back up, I was not getting another horse. Before remembering I could reload I was sad.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Has anyone encountered the Cannibal yet? The guys crazy wtf. I rounded up who he asked me too and then he said he was going to eat the guy! I just had to kill him after that lol.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I had wolves take down a horse on me too. The horse I'm on now I used to cover the whole map, and I got a notice that I "broke" him. Now he comes faster when I whistle, and is allegedly more responsive. I guess it just requires some amount of time on one horse.

You can shoot the birds out of the sky too. Feathers can be sold. And I grabbed a ton of plants, thinking I'd be able to jump from one level to the next in the fauna collector section of the journal, but the ones you collect prior to being required don't count, so if you're running around, you may want to leave them so they'll be easier to find when you need them.

I can't wait to kill a bear either.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

been reading all of the posts here & you guys are making me want to play soo bad. I ordered mine from Amazon a couple of months back. still waiting for it. I have 3 -5 day delivery so it should be here today I hope!

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I was able to get my horses 'loyalty' up last night and I could see a difference. Of course I did a side bounty mission, and after I killed the guy more and more of his gang kept coming. I had to bolt out of there and it was dark so I didn't see the cliff ahead and went over. My horse died in the fall. RIP. PRetty funny that one fo teh gnag members couldn't stop and fell off the cliff too. I survived but he didn't. I looted his ass for $4.

This game is crack (playing on the X360). I'm only playing the single player mode. This game as got me wanting to watch a ton of western movies. I love it.

Gotta love the level of detail Rock Star puts in these types of games. It's a homage to all the great westerns and TV shows (man, it's got me really wishing Deadwood was still on the air). Top notch voice acting, and memorable characters.

Pretty wild how sometimes in towns, dudes will be seen dragging out whores from bars, and start stabbing them to death or beating them up. If your quick, you can drop em dead before they kill them.

Hunting in the game is really fun.

I'm playing the game as a hero. More satisfying IMHO. I like increasing the honour, and fame ratings.
    Last edited by Kujo; 05-20-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I was able to get my horses 'loyalty' up last night and I could see a difference. Of course I did a side bounty mission, and after I killed the guy more and more of his gang kept coming. I had to bolt out of there and it was dark so I didn't see the cliff ahead and went over. My horse died in the fall. RIP. PRetty funny that one fo teh gnag members couldn't stop and fell off the cliff too. I survived but he didn't. I looted his ass for $4.
    I actually did a little burst "AHA!" when I read your horse died and "RIP". **** I wish I could get this game NOW but I have to wait until like July ish.

Keep the comments comings I just love reading about this game

Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Alriiiight, just bought this mothaphukka. Gonna play it all night long, baby!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    Has anyone encountered the Cannibal yet? The guys crazy wtf. I rounded up who he asked me too and then he said he was going to eat the guy! I just had to kill him after that lol.
    just did that right now, i thought he was the husband at first and then when he says hes going to eat him i was like wtf? killed that ****er lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo

Pretty wild how sometimes in towns, dudes will be seen dragging out whores from bars, and start stabbing them to death or beating them up. If your quick, you can drop em dead before they kill them.

If you're really quick you can disarm them by shooting their weapon away, then using your lasso to rope them and hogtie them.

I'm trying to play the hero role as well, and only kill people when I must. Once my honor and fame are maxed out, then I'll start the pillage and plunder!