Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I think that people are complaining about this game specifically. I don't think D. Wade got too many freethrows that he didn't deserve. People seemed to be more upset with the fact that Bryant made his way to the rim and didn't get many of the calls that he seemingly should have gotten. It makes no sense to continue driving and forcing the issue only to turn the ball over and give the opposing team a fast break.
    Yes. Wade earned most of his ft's. However we got shafted on the other end on similar/identical plays. Consistency and fairness is ALL we are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I think that people are complaining about this game specifically. I don't think D. Wade got too many freethrows that he didn't deserve. People seemed to be more upset with the fact that Bryant made his way to the rim and didn't get many of the calls that he seemingly should have gotten. It makes no sense to continue driving and forcing the issue only to turn the ball over and give the opposing team a fast break.
    From what I saw of this game[everything but the first quarter], the only reason the Heat would get the breaks would be either off of strips, blocks or Kobe looking for a foul and not to put the ball into the hoop, while everytime I saw Wade drive, he was looking to get the ball into the hoop[exception being the last drive] instead of jumping up and throwing his arms. It's simple, you drive, look to score and get hacked, the refs blow the whistle, you drive with the only intent of drawing a foul, then throw your arms in the air after being stripped, no call.

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Yes. Wade earned most of his ft's. However we got shafted on the other end on similar/identical plays. Consistency and fairness is ALL we are asking.
    Yes, I understand that this is what you complaint is. I don't hear anyone complaining about the calls D. Wade is getting. Most of you seem to be complaining about the calls Bryant didn't get but should have gotten.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Wow. You dont get it do you? Kobe getting raped on calls is something that has been going on for a long time. Not just tonight. Tonight was just another example. I'm pleased with the win, but the continuing trend is something that should bother ANY laker fan regardless of whether we win a game or not. If its continuing, its going to happen again, and might be the reason we lose a game. The fact that there are players like Wade getting a fair/more than fair shake from the refs while Kobe gets hacked to death is disturbing at any point in the season, win streak or loss streak. You dont care about that?
    Nah.

I'm damn old. I learned not to care too much about the future and not to whine too much about the past, especially when (as with most cases) I have literally no say as to how things will work out.

I've learned being happy about what we have (a win) and not feeling bad about things we don't (some foul calls going our way).

So you got me: I basically do not care too much about those foul calls. What I do care about is the good game and the win.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Laker Logic's Avatar

Guys, we have a 25-13 record with this approach. All that with Lamar and Mihm being out. It's good enough. None of us befire the season would have thought we'd have such a good record w/o those two players.

Wade is getting more FTs. Yep. Some of that is deserved some of that is not. However, Lakers won tonight. That's the bottom line for me.
    All that is true and I don't think there's a Laker fan on the board who will disagree with it, but that doesn't mean people should bite their toungues when they percieve the game to be being called as lopsided as it was tonight. The Lakers could easily have lost this game, it was closer than it *should* have been. There were some badly blown calls that seemed to go primarily against the Lakers, at home.

I swear this board has Laker fans so abused that all some people think we can do it reprint box scores without commenting.

I usually hit open layups

i will say this, criticize all you want about the refs giving love to Wade and not to Kobe.. but Wade takes to the hoops strong every time, whereas Kobe, he seems to try to avoid contact when he drives to the hoop...

yes, Kobe got fouled a few times and it wasn't called.. especially the Mourning hit in the 4th quarter..

also, i notice a lot of times when Wade drives to the hoop, he always make the contact look more dramatic than it really does.. the way he jumps and lands look very much like he just got hacked or tackled by someone..and he does it everytime... whereas Kobe just swings his arms at the refs whenever he doesn't get the call...

Kobe needs to go to the school of acting from Wade...

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    From what I saw of this game[everything but the first quarter], the only reason the Heat would get the breaks would be either off of strips, blocks or Kobe looking for a foul and not to put the ball into the hoop, while everytime I saw Wade drive, he was looking to get the ball into the hoop[exception being the last drive] instead of jumping up and throwing his arms. It's simple, you drive, look to score and get hacked, the refs blow the whistle, you drive with the only intent of drawing a foul, then throw your arms in the air after being stripped, no call.
    There were a number of plays in tonights game where Bryant was hit and the whistle should have been blown. There's really nothing to quarrel about. It's a simple fact that Bryant wasn't given a fair shot tonight. There's no question. No argument can be made to intimate that he was treated fairly. I don't think it's a deliberate bias by the refs or anything of that nature, but it just turned out that Bryant didn't get many of the calls he deserved. Whether he threw his arms up, or was looking for fouls, fouls were committed... They should have been called... They weren't called.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA AAP
    You do realize Kobe has led the league this century in phantom calls, right? No close second, but Laker Shaq was easily second...

There was only ONE bad call that favored Wade in the entire playofs. And that was the forearm on dirk. That's it.
    you do realize that that type of post deserves another punch in the face

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Logic
    All that is true and I don't think there's a Laker fan on the board who will disagree with it, but that doesn't mean people should bite their toungues when they percieve the game to be being called as lopsided as it was tonight.
    They shouldn't.

I only feel bad for them because they seem to forget being happy about the win itself, which is far more important at this stage than a few calls not going our way. Basically the more you attack CONSISTENTLY the more FTs you are going to get.

Bryant had it figured out this year that it's a whole lot better for the team if he is not trying to overtake too many games himself. And it is. He sure is losing some deserved free throws in the process, but the team also has more W. Which is far more important.

This being said, noone should bite their tongues.

Banned

Thats bs. There have been numerous games where Kobe has relentelessly attacked to no avail, both this year and last. And what if he did? At what point do you stop and realize that its not working? Do you keep on driving into people knowing its going to result in a TO, a miss, or a charge because a call was not made? At some point you have to stop that because its less productive than simply shooting a jumper.

Not only that, but he gets hacked outside the paint as well and receives less calls than guys like Wade get outside the paint. Or at least, less questionable ones. The refs have simply decided who is going to get calls, and who isnt.
    I love how you call me out and ask me to substantiate my comments and then turn around and post conspiracy theories like this. Way to be consistent. I'm sure you won't get a Laker Logic smart-a$$ response to this one, though...

Learning to shoot layups Pandaemonaeon's Avatar

Donate 10% of his earnings to a synagogue and get a camera crew to document it -- instant nice guy aura!

Fellating David Stern is another option although a romantic dinner and lavish gifts should preceed it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I think that's a big part of it, actually. Take the play at the end of regulation where Kobe drove into a pack of players and expected the call. Never mind that the refs usually won't blow the whistle in that situation (final possession of a tie game), but the fact is that Kobe had no intention of (and there was no possibility of) finishing that drive off. He was fishing for one. That tendency, coupled with the incessant "HEEEEEY's," has perhaps made refs give him the cold shoulder.

here is what I have seen from officials tonight in the Kobe vs Wade matchup:

Kobe and Wade both get knocked hard and it can be such an obvious foul, but the refs wont call it for either of them.

But when they both dribble and lose the handle or miss an easy shot, the refs give both kobe and wade calls that you would never think are fouls.

And Im not going to go ahead and say the refs give wade special treatment because wade does get hit a lot and not get the calls too.

He simply attacks more than Kobe. thats all there is to it.

If Kobe attacked more than wade then Kobe would get more ft's than wade.

If Kobe attacked more than wade then Kobe would get more ft's than wade.
    That's pretty much it.

kobe reminds me of dirk in one way. Both get some really ticky tack touch foul calls which allows fans of other teams to ***** that they get too many calls. However both also get hammered other times with no calls which makes their own fans gripe that they dont get enough calls. it probably balances out but its just effing weird.