Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414849505152 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Just played OKC, we took a shit on them. We were up 83 - 53 at the half while I outscored the whole OKC team by 1 point. . We maintained the lead until I got subbed out around 7 mins in the 3rd. I went back in and the lead is just 16 . We won 120 - 102. I had 78 points 5 rebs 7 assists 3 stls in 39 mins of play(18-33 3pt). After the game I got 13000 skill points only to be wasted on dunk rating. I have signature dunks now!

despite it being a decent game, there are so many flaws that just makes me want to flat out quit the game forever.

How is it possible that Andrew Bogut can shoot a running floater from mid range... But the worst of all, how can Earl Boykins back me down... im 7"2' centre and probably weighs a 100pound more than him yet he can box me out and back me down whats the sense in that... I also get blocked by captain jack while trying to get a bucket in the paint.
    Last edited by eriX; 07-16-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Is it me or are the Warriors like the hardest team to defend, f*cking christ! They never f*cking miss 3 pointers even when you're draped all over them. Also, Steph Curry is a god in this game. Dude dropped like 40 on me and was 7-9 on 3 pointers. We still won but, holy shit!!
    Yeah I played GSW this weekend after some time and found it tough to put them away. They were actually ahead by 12 at half time but the rest of the game was a back and forth affair. It went in to OT after Monta made some stupid shots, but eventually we won.

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

About halfway through my first season, does anybody know if I can leave after 1 year like I did in 2K11?

Playing with the Washington Wizards....:

Although I'm pretty sure a lot of the problems is just due to the game itself instead of playing with the Wizards, I just can't take playing with John Wall and Jordan Crawford anymore and I dont want to be a rookie asking for a trade.

Banned

I have a SG on the Spurs and man, Tim Duncan goes for every fake lol. It's weird because Timmy is known for being one of the best at staying on his feet.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I find Duncan has ridiculous handles...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    I find Duncan has ridiculous handles...
    All CPU players do. They never bounce the ball off of your feet either. They can crossover or in-and-out right in your face and go right by you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Yeah if 2k doesn't fix how good some players are against you and how bad your AI is I'll be so annoyed.

Banned

Won a really close game yesterday against the Suns with my SG. I gave us a 3 point lead with 2 FTs at the end of the game. So the Suns inbound, and of course Tony Parker gives up a free layup to Steve Nash. So we take the ball out, and I decide to not call for the ball since I already had 28 points. I figured I'd let my teammates get some extra points. Well, they inbound to Tony Parker and he IMMEDIATELY turns it over. He just dribbles right out of bounds. So the Suns inbound to J.R. Smith (my assignment) but we block him. So Tony gets the ball and they foul him. All he has to do is hit 2 FTs and we're good. But guess what he does? He misses BOTH FTs with 6.4 seconds left. At this point we're only up by 1 so we have to get a stop. So the Suns get the board and sprint up the court and LUCKILY Nash misses a 3 pointer that me and Tony contested. I swear I thought it was going in because they were hitting highly contested, shot clock buzzer beaters all night.

Warriors next game...Can we make history for combined 3s?

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Just had my 3rd straight game of 100+pts. I'm with the Lakers btw.

My statlines for those games:

109/5/11 vs the Heat
    120/10/7 vs the Warriors
    First quadruple double, 110/12/14/11 vs the Pistons

So far I'm averaging, 81.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 5.4 apg, 7.1 spg, and 2.0 bpg.

Do you guys actually find it fun to score 100+ points every game? That shit is lame as hell and is unrealistic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Do you guys actually find it fun to score 100+ points every game? That shit is lame as hell and is unrealistic.
    I don't anymore.

When I played MP in 2K10 I used to try and get the highest stats I could. But since 2K11, I like to play a realistic, balanced game. I mean I'll have my high scoring games, but I usually try to do it within the flow of the offense instead of just isolating and shot jacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    I've been scoring around 40 to 60+ the past 10 games or so and I fvcking hate it. Dallas sucks at defense so I had to score to get the points back. If I don't score, we end up trailing by double digits. SMH

I don't get why I had to play SG while Kidd is at PG. Our offense becomes so stagnant when I'm not the PG. All the plays they call sucks so I had to take the ball then just give it to Dirk and let him do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I don't anymore.

When I played MP in 2K10 I used to try and get the highest stats I could. But since 2K11, I like to play a realistic, balanced game. I mean I'll have my high scoring games, but I usually try to do it within the flow of the offense instead of just isolating and shot jacking.

Same here. On 2K10 I had a 6'7" athletic PG and tried to just go for the most ridiculous stats possible. Got off to a slow start, so my averages were down, but by the all-star break I was something like 55 ppg, 15 apg, 12 rpg, 5 spg. And, just ballparking, I'd say I averaged 80-90 ppg in January and February leading through the All-Star break. Once I got my player's 3p rating up high enough a few weeks before the All-Star game, I was scoring 100+ more times than not.