Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Default Re: Stoudemire is already best power forward

I think Rab and A Roc summed it up pretty well. So I won't repeat what they said regarding Duncan and KG. And even though Dirk isn't as terrible a defender as some make him out to be. Amare's athleticism gives him the chance to be an above average defender at the very least. Better than Dirk could ever be. He just needs to put it together, or at least seem to care about playing defense.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Hey can you just leave the boards now? I mean, for one, you didn't even try back up your claim and two....you're calling people ignorant before any replies? So what was your point of this thread? Basically to start beef.

No matter who the player is (ex. Jordan) there will always be someone who thinks another player's better. It's called an opinion!

Your post shows ignorance, making you a hypocrite. Think about it junior.

Though I do agree that he's the third best currently, I disagree that he has less impact on a game than does KG(though not Tim Duncan). KG's offense is much less potent than Amare's. And though KG does have the upper-hand in defense, Amare is a great shot blocker and at least an average help defender and CAN(if he tries) impact the game defensively. I think they're about even in how much they effect the game.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Mav
    I think Rab and A Roc summed it up pretty well. So I won't repeat what they said regarding Duncan and KG. And even though Dirk isn't as terrible a defender as some make him out to be. Amare's athleticism gives him the chance to be an above average defender at the very least. Better than Dirk could ever be. He just needs to put it together, or at least seem to care about playing defense.
    The final line in your post says enough. If Amare still needs to put it together, how could he be considered the best already? Anyone who watched Nowitzki in the playoffs wouldn't be so quick to discard him in favor of Amare as they are right now. Sure, I'll concede the point Silent Mav made about Amare's athleticism. However, that's just the point. Amare's game is predicated on his athleticism. Quite frankly, Amare's age is the best thing he has going for him in this discussion since it would be easy to give him the benefit of the doubt concerning "potential". Right now? Nowitzki is the better player.

No effin way. Does Amare have any offense outside pick and rolls and pick and pops? I would love to see Amare play with a charlie ward or an eric snow.

Banned

didnt amare stoudamire play against the spurs this year in the first round? if he is better than tim duncan then he won that matchup right?

game 4, the LONE win in that series what were amare's numbers?

31:03 mins 3\11 FGs .273 1/3 FTs .333 9 rebs 1 assist 1 steal 3 blks 7 POINTS

in the elimination bounce back game, what were amare's stats?

14 pts 6/14 FGs 3/5 FTs 11 rebs 3 blocks 2 steals 0 assists

sorry, it aint just amare, but after that san antonio series i dont believe in any of the suns no more, thats why d'antoni left

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    The final line in your post says enough. If Amare still needs to put it together, how could he be considered the best already? Anyone who watched Nowitzki in the playoffs wouldn't be so quick to discard him in favor of Amare as they are right now. Sure, I'll concede the point Silent Mav made about Amare's athleticism. However, that's just the point. Amare's game is predicated on his athleticism. Quite frankly, Amare's age is the best thing he has going for him in this discussion since it would be easy to give him the benefit of the doubt concerning "potential". Right now? Nowitzki is the better player.
    No. Amare is a better big man than Dirk, simply because he scores his points closer to the basket. Seeing that there both similar in there impact on defense and on the boards this makes Amare much more valuable.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Amare doesnt have the arsenal of post moves Duncan or Jefferson has. He's aggressive, and a quick scorer, but nothin like the other 2 who have abilities to make shots

gimme brand over amare.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Let me see him not be spoon fed for a whole season with Nash first.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Ridiculous. Amare isn't top 3.

KG/Duncan/Dirk >>> Amare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerpro
    Let me see him not be spoon fed for a whole season with Nash first.

With or Without Steve Nash, I personally think that Amare Stoudemire can average 26 ppg because he is one of the best offensive big men in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit
    Ridiculous. Amare isn't top 3.

KG/Duncan/Dirk >>> Amare.
    Why is it that the only people that put Dirk over Amare are Mavs fans?

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Why is it that the only people that put Dirk over Amare are Mavs fans?
    Where did I put him over Amare?

amire is not a leader or best player of the suns,steve nash make him look good,just like stockton and malone but malone is better player than stockton:)