Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Hey Bumble has a brand new feature that will make the summer season a lot more FUN!!!

You can now talk on the phone now without sharing your personal phone number. Once you matched with someone you have the option to call. Men can only call after the first match. But that is awesome and it has happened at the right time...."Summer Time" I kept wondering why every time she sent a message it said YOUR MOVE. Bumble is about to eliminate online dating sites for good with this feature.

Only downside I see to this is it will increase the number of times someone flakes on you. Meaning that you can decide to not meet someone you made plans with if you get a "new bee in your hive"

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: Hey Bumble has a brand new feature that will make the summer season a lot more FUN!!!

Curious about Bumble. My girlfriends keep pushing me to try it out. Don't like the fact you have to pay for features. Are they worth it?

Default Re: Hey Bumble has a brand new feature that will make the summer season a lot more FUN!!!

i dont get it. who calls people these days? and is it that you are calling without them messaging first? that's creepy as f because other apps let you do a much less invasive option (texting) in every case. not understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    i dont get it. who calls people these days? and is it that you are calling without them messaging first? that's creepy as f because other apps let you do a much less invasive option (texting) in every case. not understanding
    I'm really starting to become a dinosaur because I much prefer talking to a girl... or literally talking to anyone... on a phone... as opposed to texting.

Texting should be reserved for very brief communication that really doesn't warrant a conversation or an immediate response.

But when you're just heavily going back and forth through texting, it's just because you're incredibly awkward in person and don't know how to hold a conversation, and you're super controlling with your messages and thoughts rather than just being the honest real you.

It omits so much truthful, genuine and fun interaction that talking with your actual voice brings.

Phone calls > texting any day / all day.

Texting is for selfish assholes and/or awkward selfish assholes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I would never call a random girl on bumble or tinder until I met them in person first.

The conversation would be so dry and awkward on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    I'm really starting to become a dinosaur because I much prefer talking to a girl... or literally talking to anyone... on a phone... as opposed to texting.

Texting should be reserved for very brief communication that really doesn't warrant a conversation.

But when you're just heavily going back and forth through texting, it's just because you're incredibly awkward in person and don't know how to hold a conversation, and you're super controlling with your messages and thoughts rather than just being the honest real you.

It omits so much truthful, genuine and fun interaction that talking with your actual voice brings.

Phone calls > texting any day / all day.

Texting is for selfish assholes and/or awkward selfish assholes.
    I agree with this.

I remember how much courage it would take to actually call the girl...and then all of a sudden things changed where girls thought you were weird if you called them. Or they wouldn't answer and say, "hey, saw you called. What's up?" instead of calling you back. Guys don't have to do that now.

I'm sure some girls still prefer that a guy calls them but guys would rather play it safe and not be labelled as creepy or desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    I would never call a random girl on bumble or tinder until I met them in person first.

When you've met through a situation such as a dating app, initially, I'd tend to agree.

I was just going off on his comment of "who calls people these days" because it's just another step towards degrading genuine human interaction on a societal and species level.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Talking on the phone leads to more attraction if the convo is good as opposed to just messaging, you will be on her mind. I've done it a few times before meeting in person.

That sounds terrible, I'm already not that good at texting but I'm even worse at talking to strangers over the phone

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Curious about Bumble. My girlfriends keep pushing me to try it out. Don't like the fact you have to pay for features. Are they worth it?
    Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
    Am I missing something here?
    no

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy

Bumble is free, once you match with someone you start chatting and then you set up a date. You only have to pay if you ugly and even then you still have to wait for a girl to respond back first

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne

Calling to put the voice behind the face and to set up a date

Local High School Star

You only call once she matches with you and to set up a date.

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    You only call once she matches with you and to set up a date.
    I know how bumble works dude. I've met up with girls off of it before.

Still not calling until I meet them in person.