Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Default Jeremy Lin

I was just watching the Uconn Harvard basketball game and this kid Jeremy Lin lights up Uconn for 30. Led his team in rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.
    Averaging 16ppg, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and a little over 2 steals, but he's a senior this year.

Uconn didn't play their best but what do you all think of this kid? Any potential to be in the NBA or even drafted?

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any Chinese players going to the NBA from the NCAA. Maybe this could be a first.

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

I went to middle school with this guy and played pick up with him many a times growin up. thatd be cool if he made it to the league, not sure if it will happen.

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Probably not happening. I heard of him like once before but that's about it. He's no John Wall that's for sure.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basketman
    Probably not happening. I heard of him like once before but that's about it. He's no John Wall that's for sure.
    By your logic, no point guard should make the league if they're not John Wall.

As for Lin, I've seen him a few times. He's got an all around game and may get onto a summer league team somewhere, but he'll have to work hard to make it. He's not exceptionally quick or athletic. He does decieve you and seems to have a hard work ethic and is motivated so who knows. Maybe he'll be a hidden gem the way Nash was (that's a big maybe though), or be like a George Hill type player.

Brook Lopez=beast!!!!! sulsuvtut27's Avatar

He is a straight beast. He has a reputation for playing pick up games the day before championship games and getting injured.

Quote Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
    He is a straight beast. He has a reputation for playing pick up games the day before championship games and getting injured.
    LOLOLOLOL JAKE JAKE JAKE

Decent playground baller Lancerballer21's Avatar

Here is an article i found on him, on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=4730385

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
    Here is an article i found on him, on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ana&id=4730385
    Fantastic piece. He's living my dream!

I usually hit open layups

Jeremy Lin isn't going to get the notoriety because of his ethnicity. Even with all this high school basketball achievements, he wasn't even recruited by local schools like Cal or Stanford. Not even St. Mary's or Santa Clara made much inquiries into Lin. He's more likely to be a doctor of medicine than an NBA point guard and thats not a bad thing.

Growing up, I played with an Asian (Chinese) guy that absolutely dominated HS basketball. I'm talking like 30 points, 10 boards and 8 assists type domination. He was listed at 6'0 and strong. At a time, he was known as the best Asian basketball player in the West. He played in J-Leagues and lit up Rex Walters, who played for the Sixers at the time, for nearly 40 points. He played Pro-Am ball and abused guys like Gary Payton and Grey Anthony. He ended up in Taiwan playing pro ball and never even got a shot from a decent college.

Decent playground baller Lancerballer21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Fantastic piece. He's living my dream!
    He is living a lot of peoples dreams

Landry is a true balla adam_morrison's Avatar
    Last edited by adam_morrison; 07-20-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    By your logic, no point guard should make the league if they're not John Wall.

As for Lin, I've seen him a few times. He's got an all around game and may get onto a summer league team somewhere, but he'll have to work hard to make it. He's not exceptionally quick or athletic. He does decieve you and seems to have a hard work ethic and is motivated so who knows. Maybe he'll be a hidden gem the way Nash was (that's a big maybe though), or be like a George Hill type player.
    Nash was almost a lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Nash was almost a lottery pick.
    Pretty sure no one thought he was going to turn into who he is today.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Screw Lin. I just wish George Hill had his academics in order and had gotten into Purdue. I want to say that's how Painter found John Hart (who was good for one game in his career so far).

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
    Jeremy Lin isn't going to get the notoriety because of his ethnicity. Even with all this high school basketball achievements, he wasn't even recruited by local schools like Cal or Stanford. Not even St. Mary's or Santa Clara made much inquiries into Lin. He's more likely to be a doctor of medicine than an NBA point guard and thats not a bad thing.

Growing up, I played with an Asian (Chinese) guy that absolutely dominated HS basketball. I'm talking like 30 points, 10 boards and 8 assists type domination. He was listed at 6'0 and strong. At a time, he was known as the best Asian basketball player in the West. He played in J-Leagues and lit up Rex Walters, who played for the Sixers at the time, for nearly 40 points. He played Pro-Am ball and abused guys like Gary Payton and Grey Anthony. He ended up in Taiwan playing pro ball and never even got a shot from a decent college.
    you got a name for this cat? the Taiwan League (SBL) is pretty much hot trash, if he is half the player you say, he probably moved to play in China and should be a household name in Asia.

re Lin, it is really good to see him do so well, but he needs to learn how to finish around the rim. going from a mid-level conference like the Ivy League to the NBA is very tricky unless you are a superb athlete. He is going to have to get used to attacking a rim with length defending it. As you can see from the youtube videos of his summer league play, he is not finishing at the rim.

I think he'll start the year in the D League, but with all the buzz he is creating he may very well end up in the NBA sooner rather than later.