Default We play like a hurricane

This Pistons team is pretty devastating. We have soooo much size and athleticism now. We constantly create turnovers, blocks, confusion due to athleticism and size.

We also aren't organized at all.

This is the most disorganized, disruptive team I have ever seen. I really think this team can beat any other team on any given night, but would never pick them to beat a good team. If our shooters are on, our defensive disruption leads to great transition points. But we can be so boneheaded that those turnovers don't even matter because we make so many stupid passes and don't run effective set plays.

Has anyone ever seen a team like this? Chalk full of talent and winning potential at every position, but don't know how to fully harness that potential?

But hey, 4 games winning streak and at .500! Lessss go!!!!!
    Last edited by ZMonkey11; 12-08-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Default Re: We play like a hurricane

the only thing that prevents me from picking Detroit against any other good team is our defense. if we can lock down on the 3 point shooters then i honestly feel like we can give almost anyone a run for their money.

and yes we are finally back to .500 This must be the 1st time we are even 20 games into the season since like 2008 i think. too lazy to check

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    the only thing that prevents me from picking Detroit against any other good team is our defense. if we can lock down on the 3 point shooters then i honestly feel like we can give almost anyone a run for their money.

and yes we are finally back to .500 This must be the 1st time we are even 20 games into the season since like 2008 i think. too lazy to check
    Yea those defensive rotations are really bad, especially off pick and rolls. Players just don't know where to be and one or two passes leads to an open 3.

2008...our last great year. To a return to standards we deserve.

NBA lottery pick

Drummond has been a beast lately. If he learns how to shoot a free throw his game is going to be very tough for opposing teams to plan against. The defense of this team is what scares me too.

Decent college freshman

Organization was always going to take a while. I do wonder if Smith can stay at the 3 though. We are just so bad at defending the 3 with both him and Monroe on the floor. I'm hoping Jennings comes around a bit. He just needs to boost that FG% a few percentage. His assist percentage is up so thats nice.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I saw an article about trading Josh Smith for Deng...

Tell me this isn't the perfect trade for our team moving forward? I dare you...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I saw an article about trading Josh Smith for Deng...

Tell me this isn't the perfect trade for our team moving forward? I dare you...
    I would trade Josh Smith for just about anything at this point.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Averaging 30ppg over the past 2 games in what should of been a win vs Blazers and a road win against the (currently) best team in the league, Pacers...

although he did jack 30 shots up today for those points,