Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default If I could pick any two players in NBA history to build a team around....

I would pick Larry Bird and Bill Russell without even hesitating. They are the two smartest, hardest working NBA players ever. And they know what it takes to win, and will do it.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: If I could pick any two players in NBA history to build a team around....

Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan.

Duncan is unselfish and wouldn't have a problem deferring to Jordan and being the second banana to MJ. I always thought Duncan would have had no problem playing alongside any star wing player that existed in the 2000s decade, ex. Kobe, VC, Tmac, Iverson, Pierce, etc. I don't think Duncan would have had a hard time co-existing with any of those guys.

Default Re: If I could pick any two players in NBA history to build a team around....

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan.

Duncan is unselfish and wouldn't have a problem deferring to Jordan and being the second banana to MJ. I always thought Duncan would have had no problem playing alongside any star wing player that existed in the 2000s decade, ex. Kobe, VC, Tmac, Iverson, Pierce, etc. I don't think Duncan would have had a hard time co-existing with any of those guys.
    Jordan might.

The only reason Bird wouldn't get along is if his team gave zero effort.

ThaSwagg3r

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Jordan might.

The only reason Bird wouldn't get along is if his team gave zero effort.
    Jordan might what? What would Jordan have a problem with? I would have picked MJ and KG but since Duncan has a similar but better personality than KG and a better talent than KG, I would take Duncan instead.

Jordan might what? What would Jordan have a problem with? I would have picked MJ and KG but since Duncan has a similar but better personality than KG and a better talent than KG, I would take Duncan instead.
    Duncan doesn't have more talent than KG. He got better results from his talent, there's a difference.

ThaSwagg3r

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Duncan doesn't have more talent than KG. He got better results from his talent, there's a difference.
    Tell me exactly what KG was better than Duncan at.

He was more versatile and that was about it. KG was never better than Duncan for the majority of both of their careers.

*waits for you to dance around the subject soon*

Tell me exactly what KG was better than Duncan at.

He was more versatile and that was about it. KG was never better than Duncan for the majority of both of their careers.

*waits for you to dance around the subject soon*
    I never said he was better, I said he was more talented. In their respective primes, KG was a better shooter, passer, athlete and as you said more versatile. Both are great defenders and rebounders. Duncan was much more consistent and had better efficiency. Duncan is the bette player for sure, but KG had more raw talent IMO.

Nevermind.....I meant that Jordan would have problems if the team was built more, but Bird/Russell will have problems only if someone doesn't try.

ThaSwagg3r

I never said he was better, I said he was more talented. In their respective primes, KG was a better shooter, passer, athlete and as you said more versatile. Both are great defenders and rebounders. Duncan was much more consistent and had better efficiency. Duncan is the bette player for sure, but KG had more raw talent IMO.
    Cool, thanks for arguing about something as pointless as semantics.

ThaSwagg3r

Nevermind.....I meant that Jordan would have problems if the team was built more, but Bird/Russell will have problems only if someone doesn't try.
    You make no sense, is English not your first language?

Typical swagg3r bullshit. Read my original post again: "Duncan doesn't have more talent than KG. He got better results from his talent, there's a difference."

You make no sense, is English not your first language?
    lol no...If you built the team around Jordan and Duncan, as you add more players, Jordan may have alpha-dog issues with others, while Bird/Russell won't have any issues with players unless the players don't try...

Better?

ThaSwagg3r

Typical swagg3r bullshit. Read my original post again: "Duncan doesn't have more talent than KG. He got better results from his talent, there's a difference."
    Like I said thanks for arguing about something as pointless as semantics. Nobody cares. Duncan is better and that is all that matters.

ThaSwagg3r

lol no...If you built the team around Jordan and Duncan, as you add more players, Jordan may have alpha-dog issues with others, while Bird/Russell won't have any issues with players unless the players don't try...

Better?
    You really think they would be able to get somebody would be as good as those two? It wouldn't even make sense in a financial standpoint unless they play for the NY Knicks in a league where salary cap doesn't exist. Give Jordan and Duncan a bunch of role players and it is an automatic dynasty because those two are dominant themselves and could make anybody else better.