Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Had a cinderella run, lost in the Finals to the Heat in 6.

I beat UTAH, SA and OKC in seven games each(this game is no easy thing) and got demolished by the heat.

I know the player roles and morale is nothing new, but those are destroying my team.

Delonte West/AK47/Gray/Wallace all want out. Actually, Wallace retired. Three of my best defenders are going to be gone.
    I had another shot at the heat. Before it was my Sacramento Kings after one season of simulation and now with the Celtics. I got beat down. I couldn't make a bucket.. lols

Banned

Started a 29game association and took the 30th pick fixed fantasy draft. Managed to pick up:

C: Kaman
    PF: Boozer
    SF: Budinger
    SG: Kevin Martin
    PG: Felton
    6: Foye
    7: Ridnour
    8: Korver
    9: Hickson
    10: Gray

.. and a few others.

After a few games of trying to get used to Luke Ridnour's light speed release i decided i'd had enough and shipped him, foye and this years 1st for Stephen Jackson. Think i'm 5-4 now but don't really have a backup point...

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Started a 29game association and took the 30th pick fixed fantasy draft. Managed to pick up:

C: Kaman
    PF: Boozer
    SF: Budinger
    SG: Kevin Martin
    PG: Felton
    6: Foye
    7: Ridnour
    8: Korver
    9: Hickson
    10: Gray

.. and a few others.

After a few games of trying to get used to Luke Ridnour's light speed release i decided i'd had enough and shipped him, foye and this years 1st for Stephen Jackson. Think i'm 5-4 now but don't really have a backup point...

No offense but that team looks pretty crappy...How are you enjoying playing with them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    No offense but that team looks pretty crappy...How are you enjoying playing with them?
    Eh i don't mind it to be honest, I like putting together a below average team because it makes me think about what i'm doing more each trip down the court. I managed to find K-Mart's release point which has helped a great deal and Kaman and Boozer can hold their own against most front courts, i say most because a couple of games the rebounding has been ugly.

I recommend Chase Budinger to just about anyone's team, he's just one of those swingmen with a easy to read jumpshot and can shoot from just about anywhere.

Only played one game with Stephen Jackson so far but he adds some firepower from what i can tell and also bumps my overall rating up a little, previously was 72

Eh i don't mind it to be honest, I like putting together a below average team because it makes me think about what i'm doing more each trip down the court. I managed to find K-Mart's release point which has helped a great deal and Kaman and Boozer can hold their own against most front courts, i say most because a couple of games the rebounding has been ugly.

I recommend Chase Budinger to just about anyone's team, he's just one of those swingmen with a easy to read jumpshot and can shoot from just about anywhere.

Only played one game with Stephen Jackson so far but he adds some firepower from what i can tell and also bumps my overall rating up a little, previously was 72

Nice. I can respect that.

Lol@ Kevin Martin's form I just played against him in myplayer mode and it looks like a WNBA player's.

Banned

Nice. I can respect that.

Lol@ Kevin Martin's form I just played against him in myplayer mode and it looks like a WNBA player's.
    Yeah i went into shootaround to figure out his shot and i must've got red on the first 30 odd shots but once i found it it's not so bad.

Yeah i went into shootaround to figure out his shot and i must've got red on the first 30 odd shots but once i found it it's not so bad.

I have to admit i would have never taken the 30th pick like you I start it over and over until I get a top pick.

Banned

I have to admit i would have never taken the 30th pick like you I start it over and over until I get a top pick.
    You can switch picks around using the Y button can you not?

You can switch picks around using the Y button can you not?

I didn't know that...never heard of that.

Every time I did the fantasy draft in the past you had to start it over to get a higher pick--I haven't done a fantasy team yet for 2k11.

If I got first through third I'll keep it but no way do I get the 30th pick in my "fantasy."

Banned

I didn't know that...never heard of that.

Every time I did the fantasy draft in the past you had to start it over to get a higher pick--I haven't done a fantasy team yet for 2k11.

If I got first through third I'll keep it but no way do I get the 30th pick in my "fantasy."
    hahah yeah fair enough, i remember 2k5(last 2k i played excessively) didn't have the switch order option in it so maybe it's new to 2k11

I have trouble getting into association mode when it's the default teams so i tend to do a lot of fantasy drafts instead.

Banned

Well i was about 15ish games into the season and i accidently overwrote my file with an association i'm doing with a mate..fml

My favorite Association team is:

Start with Warriors.

Trade Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins to Bobcats for Stephen Jackson, Gerald Wallace, and a 1st round pick.

Then trade Brendan Wright and two 1st round picks (one is from the Bobcats) to Memphis for Marc Gasol.

Starting lineup:

Steph Curry
    Stephen Jackson
    Gerald Wallace
    David Lee
    Marc Gasol

Reserves:

Jeremy Lin (rookie)
    Charlie Bell
    Dorrell Wright (6th man)
    Reggie Williams
    Epke Udoh (rookie)
    Louis Amundson
    and Dan Gadzuric

Team kicks ass.

Banned

Tell Me why , im on my 4th season and You wont beleive whos on the Free Agency Market?

This with Warriors
    --
    Amare efin stoudemire!
    Monta Ellis!

Both rated 90
    ------------

And I guess when you come to your 4th season , its pretty easy to get All-Star caliber players.

Tell me why I ended up wit

John Wall
    Paul Pierce
    Carmelo Anthony
    Ekpe Udoh - Rated 89!!!
    Dwight Howard!!!
    ---
    6 - Glen Davis
    7 - James Posey
    8 - I 4got cuz when i acquired those 4 I was like SCREW THIS. it got boring..

my record started like 36-0 and the Mavs beat us.. ( I know out of all the teams)

I got each All-star's year by year, it took me a lot of Player sacrifices.

King of Chicago DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar

^ Why is it that for the first two seasons Monta Ellis averages 29 PPG and always gets Second team All-NBA?

^^ Paul Pierce is still in the league after 4 years??