Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Winter Olympics: Men's Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    We beat Canada on aggregate last Olympics. They got lucky in the gold medal game.
    lol u try to hard.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    We beat Canada on aggregate last Olympics.
    Mexico beat Canada in the last Olympics?

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

when does usa play again?

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Tomorrow vs Czech.
    thanks but just heard on the broadcast it's at noon glad i'm off tomorrow.

Going to need lot of luck to beat USA tomorrow (or Jagr going oldschool and Krejci going full playoffs mode Krejci).

I don't think we can keep up with them in skating at all, so they will probably win most of the challenges. Pavelec is looking shaky too and our defense is still making lots of lapses. We'll probably also hit more posts than goals againt too. Normally I would be confident playing USA, but not this time.

And of course our coach is still a whoreson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Going to need lot of luck to beat USA tomorrow (or Jagr going oldschool and Krejci going full playoffs mode Krejci).

I don't think we can keep up with them in skating at all, so they will probably win most of the challenges. Pavelec is looking shaky too and our defense is still making lots of lapses. We'll probably also hit more posts than goals againt too. Normally I would be confident playing USA, but not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    US has some good skaters with some really quick guy's like Kessel and Kane but they also have some slower footed guys like Brown and Callahan. Duchene and Crosby are better skaters than anybody on the US, don't think that's really that arguable either. Canada is good at skating too, Kunitz/Getzlaf/Perry probably aren't made for the big ice but guy's like Marleau, Toews are more than fine. St Louis isn't a speedster no slower than Staz or Oshie.
    I agree the quality of players are better but as a whole you know very well we have better skaters up front. Where you excel is the back end with Doughty and Boumeester. Plus the fact that you guys still haven't figured out your front lines is scary. Plus Crosby has completely disappeared.

Regardless Canada's forwards are way better than the US. Doesn't come down to who's goaltender is hotter, comes down to Canada choking or the US playing above there talent level or Quick going crazy. Compare that roster player to player, it's not even close.
    Doesn't that go hand in hand?
    Also considering that the bigger ice favors skill goaltending is paramount. This more than any Olympics a goalie has to steal games.
    And Canada will definitely blame the goalie if they don't succeed. I think Canada more than any country puts emphasis on this. If you lose, it's Luongo's and Price's fault. Look how vancouver treats Luongo now? He won a gold for christ's sakes. Stole the gold for Canada.

We're destroying the Czechs while going half speed. Were up 5-1, now it's 5-2.

Russia's out after losing 3-1 to Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

that latvian goalie is insane. even with this coming loss, Im so proud of Latvian brothers. It was one hell of a ride.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    could be wrong but from what I saw Russia looked like the stronger team for the majority of that game. Not sure if it is still possible but i would like to see Russia vs. Canada in the finals.
    Canadians dont know shit about hockey

Props to the Latvian Goalie
    That was a heck of a game.

Canada should still get the medal. I'm not sure it is gonna be gold anymore.

By the way.....

North America vs Scandinavia Final
    Hoping for Canada vs Sweden but if Canada loses then I would like to see the Finns win it.

Banned

Everyone is just waiting to be destroyed by Sweden. I am just mad that Finland and Sweden got drawn to play in the semifinals. Would have loved another final against them like in 06.

Banned

I liked Conan. He is on my hit list now.