Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

I doubt PS4 "rebounds" People are gonna wait and see if E3 brings a bundle.

It's what I may or may not be doing for the halo 2 remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I doubt PS4 "rebounds" People are gonna wait and see if E3 brings a bundle.

It's what I may or may not be doing for the halo 2 remake.
    I don

Who the **** cares if it "rebounds" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujo
    Who the **** cares if it "rebounds" or not.
    Well if you play video games you should. The faster current gen gets picked up by the masses, the faster the dinosaurs get dropped. We need to ditch ps360.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Well if you play video games you should. The faster current gen gets picked up by the masses, the faster the dinosaurs get dropped. We need to ditch ps360.
    those are still great consoles though

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    those are still great consoles though
    Not really in 2014. In 2008 yep, in 2010 maybe. In 2014 they are just holding back the development of games. They make it more expensive to port games because the games have to work on ps360. A ps4/xb1 is more or less a pc. It will be incredibly economical to build games for pc, and port them to consoles once ps360 gets dropped.

Besides they hold back graphics for the new consoles, and pcs. Hopefully 2014 is the last year ps360 games are made.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Not really in 2014. In 2008 yep, in 2010 maybe. In 2014 they are just holding back the development of games. They make it more expensive to port games because the games have to work on ps360. A ps4/xb1 is more or less a pc. It will be incredibly economical to build games for pc, and port them to consoles once ps360 gets dropped.

Besides they hold back graphics for the new consoles, and pcs. Hopefully 2014 is the last year ps360 games are made.
    They are still great consoles, but I agree. Cross gen games need to die.

I really hope The Phantom Pain is PS4/XB1/PC only. I don't want it being held back by ancient hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    They are still great consoles, but I agree. Cross gen games need to die.

I really hope The Phantom Pain is PS4/XB1/PC only. I don't want it being held back by ancient hardware.
    Well especially with last gen sales falling off a cliff the past year, and more so likely this year. The return on investment will likely not be worth the risk by the end of this year. If the ps4 continues selling the way it has been, it will likely be at 500-700k sales a month over the next five months of sales (may, june, july, august, september), giving it around 9.5 to 11 million of total sales going into the best sales period of the year. It wouldn't be a surprise if it sold nearly 2 million a month in Nov and Dec, and maybe a million in october.

A 13 month total could have the ps4 around 20 million if everything went absolutely perfect for them. More realistically they would be looking at 16 million.

Now if we say the xb1 worst case scenario is 50% of ps4s sales, and best case is 80% we would be looking at anywhere between 24 million and 28 million next gen sales. If ps4 does 20 million the numbers balloon to 30 million to 36 million consoles sold.

Hopefully the latter happens, although very unlikely. That should be enough to stop cross gen development. I hope at least.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Well, I might have bought a PS4.

Amazon.ca had a pricing error for a couple hours and listed the PS4-The Last of Us bundle at $339.99 before changing it to the correct $399.99. I got an order in. We'll see if they honour the price.

Girlfriend got me the ps4 for my birthday the 27th. For the few days I've been playing, coming from Xbox 360 competitive gaming on COD my biggest fear was the controller. Easily, it's noticeable that controller has been upgraded. I'm enjoying it very much. I haven't tried any cods on it yet, but what I can say is I'll make the switch in a few more weeks when it comes to the controller.

The system is great. I enjoy the graphics, only played killzone. Eye candy for sure. PS3s latest killzone was similar graphics however. Gameplay wise I didn't spend much time on the PS3 version but I'm getting used to shadow Fall.

The operating system feels very simple. I grew up with PS1 and PSP. Competitive gaming I did on the 360. I just can't support Microsoft anymore. I'm hoping some new exclusives come out, as well as the older ones. While the simplicity of the os is nice but it easily has gotten boring. Perhaps an update will fix that in the future.
    Last edited by Draz; 10-01-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Copping Xbone tomorrow for 2k. Leggo

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Copping Xbone tomorrow for 2k. Leggo
    That's kinda expensive. I'm sure you can find a better deal somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    That's kinda expensive. I'm sure you can find a better deal somewhere else.

Battlefield 4 is amazing on PS4. I must say the graphics on the next Gen is definitely noticeable. The games play smooth. So much shit was put into BF4. Planes flying over sends the trees to shake and the leaves swirling.

I'm noticing with the 2 games and demos I have downloaded I am close to running out of space in no time. I'm sure the PS4 allows upgrading the HD and the X1 doesn't. For now I'm sure the PS4 doesn't allow external HD but I'm sure they will.

How does game sharing work on here?

I like the uploading capability on here. Haven't used it yet but it seems simple and I believe it's 15 minutes of upload cap compared to X1s 5 minute cap.

You can also stream on this, which is great. Link it to twitch and give users your link. I'm going to be using this a lot too.

Competitive wise, I'd have to wait and see how COD Advance Warfare does, I know Xbox runs the competitive at a larger scale for COD.
    Last edited by Draz; 10-07-2014 at 10:05 AM.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

which one is better for motion-sensor types of games? i'm gonna buy one for my dad, he liked the sports games on the xbox 360.