Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Lakers vs Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    YAWN . Least interesting series of the 1st round besides Magic-Hawks.

LA in 4.
    Yep. The Kings boneheaded defense and decision making last night cost the NBA a great Lakers vs Blazers first round series.

Now we get to watch the Lakers just destroy the Hornets in 4. Boring.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yep. The Kings boneheaded defense and decision making last night cost the NBA a great Lakers vs Blazers first round series.

Now we get to watch the Lakers just destroy the Hornets in 4. Boring.
    This dude is mad that his team is facing the Blazers instead of the Hornets.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Can you blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    No shit dude.

Do you expect me to be happy? I'm happy for the Lakers fans, but I'm devastated as a Mavs fan.

The Hornets don't have a chance to beat anyone. The Mavs would have beat them in 5 and then gotten to sit back and watch the blood bath that would have been Lakers vs. Blazers....a series that would probably have gone 6 or 7 and would have been grueling for Kobe.

Now, its the exact opposite. We never had a chance to beat the Lakers, but at least we would have gotten to play a worn down Lakers if the matchups were different.

LOL

Do you expect Mavs fans to be excited about playing a team that has more talent than we do?

Banned

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka

So when the Bulls beat the Heat in the ECF...What will be Lebrons, Wade and Bosh's reaction...??? What will they say???

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

No shit dude.

Do you expect me to be happy? I'm happy for the Lakers fans, but I'm devastated as a Mavs fan.

The Hornets don't have a chance to beat anyone. The Mavs would have beat them in 5 and then gotten to sit back and watch the blood bath that would have been Lakers vs. Blazers....a series that would probably have gone 6 or 7 and would have been grueling for Kobe.

Now, its the exact opposite. We never had a chance to beat the Lakers, but at least we would have gotten to play a worn down Lakers if the matchups were different.

LOL

Do you expect Mavs fans to be excited about playing a team that has more talent than we do?
    When i first woke up this morning...One of the first thoughts in my head was " Lakers better had beat the kings last night to get the two spot to not play the blazers"

Yea i expect Mavs fans to be mad, Blazer fans to be happy...

I mean its been a lot of talk about how good the Mavs are...Its there time to go out there and show it...Show that they are not jus a good regular season team that chokes in the playoffs...But i am scared for your Mavericks...

They have 3 allstars to Mavs 1...

Hope Mavs can handle this...

If Greg Oden was healthy...
    Last edited by ATL_Bball_King; 04-14-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

honnestly im really not sure okc beats spurs, or that heat beat bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Bball_King
    When i first woke up this morning...One of the first thoughts in my head was " Lakers better had beat the kings last night to get the two spot to not play the blazers"

Yea i expect Mavs fans to be mad, Blazer fans to be happy...

I mean its been a lot of talk about how good the Mavs are...Its there time to go out there and show it...Show that they are not jus a good regular season team that chokes in the playoffs...But i am scared for your Mavericks...

They have 3 allstars to Mavs 1...

Hope Mavs can handle this...

If Greg Oden was healthy...
    I'm not sure who is talking about how good the Mavs are and I don't know how a team like the Mavs can be called chokers for losing to teams with more talent.

What makes the Mavs favorites this year?
    What made them favorites last year against the Spurs.

Its not the players. Its not the coaching. What is it? That is what I'm confused about.

If you actually look at the two rosters, the Blazers are much much much better. Its not even remotely close in my opinion. The only thing that makes it close is if Dirk plays great. He'll be the best player on the floor if he plays well and will be able to close out games much better than any Blazer if he's on his game.

Other than Dirk? I don't see really any advantage for the Mavs.

Lakers in 4, maybe 5. It's not going past 5 games... I expect the Lakers to win the series with ease.

Go Lakers

Edit: Mr.Jabbar .. please no gamethread creating :)

-
    Last edited by zizozain; 04-14-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Banned

I wonder what CP3's gonna do..

I'm not sure who is talking about how good the Mavs are and I don't know how a team like the Mavs can be called chokers for losing to teams with more talent.

What makes the Mavs favorites this year?
    What made them favorites last year against the Spurs.

Its not the players. Its not the coaching. What is it? That is what I'm confused about.

If you actually look at the two rosters, the Blazers are much much much better. Its not even remotely close in my opinion. The only thing that makes it close is if Dirk plays great. He'll be the best player on the floor if he plays well and will be able to close out games much better than any Blazer if he's on his game.

Other than Dirk? I don't see really any advantage for the Mavs.
    If Dirk loses to the Blazers, that will be three out of the last four years losing in the first round with home court advantage (as a 1, 2, and 3 seed).

Has any other superstar player in league history EVER come close to such an abysmal feat?

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    If Dirk loses to the Blazers, that will be three out of the last four years losing in the first round with home court advantage (as a 1, 2, and 3 seed).

Has any other superstar player in league history EVER come close to such an abysmal feat?
    Has any superstar in league history EVER won this many games consistently with such an abysmal supporting cast?

I would understand your point if Dirk had played poorly, but the dude is one of 4 players in NBA history to average over 25 and 10 in the playoffs.

Dirk is also one of the best elimination game players of all time.

LOL at blaming Dirk. Priceless.