Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Spin On Lance Armstrong Cheating - "He's like Robin Hood".

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.

Lance Armstrong is a vile human who should be shot at the next sunrise.
    Those two situations aren't even remotely similar. Seriously?

Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.

Lance Armstrong is a vile human who should be shot at the next sunrise.

you just compared blood doping to raping kids?

WTF is wrong with you?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    he cheated in a sport where cheating via blood doping has been rampant since the 19teens? IDGAF.

He did lots of good for cancer research and thats the only real thing that matters.
    How much good did he do?

Not to say he did nothing for cancer research but the more I learn about Armstrong in general the worse he seems. Case in point: Bribery. There are, have been, and will be bigger villains in sports, he may not even be that bad of a guy. But when you soak yourself in lies and deceit like he did, drowning in cover-ups of cover-ups of cover-ups it has to warp you.

hundreds of lives my ass dude
    Do your homework or stay ignorant. As some who has lost family members to cancer, I hope Lance Armstrong gets run over by a f*cking Abrams as soon as possible.

Do your homework or stay ignorant. As some who has lost family members to cancer, I hope Lance Armstrong gets run over by a f*cking Abrams as soon as possible.

as if you're the only one whose family has been touched by cancer

GTFO with your bleeding heart bullshit

especially after you tried to compare blood doping to child rape.

IDGAF.
    I just want to see this Oprah interview and I'll be back to not giving a f*ck too.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    you're comparing cheating in sports to child rape

wtf...get a grip on what is important and what isn't
    I didn't. At all. But you and the others who seem to think I did are too dull to grasp it cos OMG CANCER RESEARCH, so whatever.

Lance Armstrong is not a scum bag because he cheated in sports. He's a vile and detestable human being because he ruined innocent people's live in defense of a lie. What's worse, he used the act of charity as a pretext to do naught but inflate an already massive ego and continue perpetuating said lie.

Literally nothing he's done here is forgivable, the very least of which is cheating in sports.

Armstrong cheated in sport where cheating is rampant and run by corrupt officials. You think Armstrong mysteriously passed hundreds of tests because he was that much better at hiding it than others? How often have the riders actually been nabbed while actually cheating vs the ones that are found to have cheated after the fact. Most of the riders called out have been called out by whistle blowers not by the organizers of the events themselves. Not all mind you but most.

As for destroying lives I don't think Armstrong took down anyone that wasn't bent on taking him down first.

Did he do good with Llivestrong? you bet he has, does it condone cheating? I don't know, I think that's a moral values thing depending on each person own life rules.

I'm not a real big "ban em all" person when it comes to performance enhancement. I think in a lot of cases it's would be better to allow it on limited basis than to continue fighting for a system that the high end participants can and do exploit while low end athletes watch from afar because they don't have the financial resources nor the notoriety to partake

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I didn't. At all. But you and the others who seem to think I did are too dull to grasp it cos OMG CANCER RESEARCH, so whatever.

Lance Armstrong is not a scum bag because he cheated in sports. He's a vile and detestable human being because he ruined innocent people's live in defense of a lie. What's worse, he used the act of charity as a pretext to do naught but inflate an already massive ego and continue perpetuating said lie.

Literally nothing he's done here is forgivable, the very least of which is cheating in sports.
    firsdt of all you DID compare him to Sandusky so "yes you did"

second, could you please explain how he "ruined hundreds of lives"

So far the two sides are easy to describe.

Camp A: Lance Armstrong won dirty in a dirty sport, therefore he is the champion nevertheless. He brought a lot to the cancer research, and that is a great achievement for a person.

Camp B: Lance Armstrong lied and dealt with everybody that tried to confront him, he did that because of his ego, he has behaved the opposite of a hero and has to be punished for hoarding the credit unrightfully.

Camp A focuses on what he has done, physically, and Camp B on what he is, as a person. Juristically, I think Camp A is right, because the motives are not to be judged. Ethically, Camp B is right.

I don't know, but I really do think the decisive position on this should be achieved and stated. Cannot leave such a public story hang.

I'm shocked how people can try to spin this. No amount good, incidentally done, makes up for the lack of character he has shown.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Anyone who can beat cancer is a champion in my book. I don't care about his titles or the fact that he used enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I'm shocked how people can try to spin this. No amount good, incidentally done, makes up for the lack of character he has shown.
    It's easy, watch

Did his winning the Tour have a direct effect on my life or someone I know? for me the answer is no

Did his cheating have a direct effect on my life or someone I know? once again no

Did his lack of character in dealing with the above have an effect on my life or someone I know? no

Does his cancer awareness and money raised for research have a direct effect? Maybe someday it will

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    It's easy, watch

Did his winning the Tour have a direct effect on my life or someone I know? for me the answer is no

Did his cheating have a direct effect on my life or someone I know? once again no

Did his lack of character in dealing with the above have an effect on my life or someone I know? no

Does his cancer awareness and money raised for research have a direct effect? Maybe someday it will
    I'm happy you view on morality is so self-centered and short sighted.

Not to compare everything, but he did not compare cheating to rape.

What he said is that he was an asshole who attacked other people, even someone who, under oath, testified to what turns out to be the truth. He attacked other people to perpetuate a lie that he's suddenly turning back on.

**** this guy. And stop accusing someone of comparing cheating to rape, when that is clearly not what he did...and it's clear for anyone who knows how to read.