Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Kobe trying to regain that street hunger

The Magic beat the Lakers in NBA Finals Game 3.

Los Angeles leads the series 2-1

Game 4 is Thursday in Orlando.

Discuss how game 3 went and your thoughts going into game 4.

And, discuss how Kobe acted in the post-game press conference! He seemed MAD
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-11-2009 at 02:41 AM.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Kobe trying to regain that street hunger

Am I the only person who thinks some of it's an act? He's obviously very intense, but he won't even answer questions that might ask him to break character, and he just looks mad all the time. I actually think it's kind of funny.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Am I the only person who thinks some of it's an act? He's obviously very intense, but he won't even answer questions that might ask him to break character, and he just looks mad all the time. I actually think it's kind of funny.
    i dont think its an act, i think kobe is just genuinely insane, and would be a serial killer if it werent for basketball

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Its an act. Every one knows this.
    no, what's an act is Kobe going up to his wife and kids after every game and pretending he loves them, and when he used to pretend he was just a kid from Philly, until he got booed at the Philadelphia all star game.

Most of the stuff Kobe says and does off the court is an act. I'm pretty sure on the court that's the true Kobe.

For a basketball player its the best mentality to have, but as a person, it isnt

Quote Originally Posted by GUUS
    no, what's an act is Kobe going up to his wife and kids after every game and pretending he loves them, and when he used to pretend he was just a kid from Philly, until he got booed at the Philadelphia all star game.

Most of the stuff Kobe says and does off the court is an act. I'm pretty sure on the court that's the true Kobe.

For a basketball player its the best mentality to have, but as a person, it isnt
    He is like TO. Except he has 3 rings and a bunch of supporters that defend him. Both are greats. But they are always being phoney. Screaming he cant guard me at the commentators? Why does Kobe try to pretend that he is a bad/mean guy? It's all an act.

Banned

He is like TO. Except he has 3 rings and a bunch of supporters that defend him. Both are greats. But they are always being phoney. Screaming he cant guard me at the commentators? Why does Kobe try to pretend that he is a bad/mean guy? It's all an act.
    Well Kobe is fake off the court, but now you think he is being fake on the court as well?

He has to be real some time. His entire life can't just be a fake lie.

I'm pretty sure his real personality is his on court personality. He is always trying to run up the score against teams. You don't see guys like Lebron doing that, IE guys without the true hunger to kill the opposing team.

Quote Originally Posted by GUUS
    Well Kobe is fake off the court, but now you think he is being fake on the court as well?

He has to be real some time. His entire life can't just be a fake lie.

I'm pretty sure his real personality is his on court personality. He is always trying to run up the score against teams. You don't see guys like Lebron doing that, IE guys without the true hunger to kill the opposing team.
    When can we discern "street hunger" from just taking a game too seriously? I just think that all that is just a part of his act to prove that he is an assasin on the court.

Banned

When can we discern "street hunger" from just taking a game too seriously? I just think that all that is just a part of his act to prove that he is an assasin on the court.
    well Kobe doesnt have street hunger, he was raised a pampered rich kid. He just has the desire to dominate, also found in the likes of Napoleon, Hitler and Ceasar. However they were all leader of men. Kobe doesnt have the leadership quality, just the domination quality

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    I think it's an act. And every time he makes that stupid growl/snarl face I laugh my ass off.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

That's why LeBron didn't beat the Magic. He doesn't have that street hunger that Kobe has. The ability through play it through when it's all through and through.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Default Petrius Guarding Kobe = Not A Good Idea

It just so happens that Length is More Important In The Paint than Off the Paint regarding Highly Skilled Perimeter 1 on 1 Shooters such as Bryant.

Agil-Faster-Shorter Defensive Stoppers 6`3-6`5 like Joe Dumars, Payton, Michael Cooper, Bryant Himself etc...do better on these types...

Not a Good Idea for the Magic IMO

Kobe will Keep Owning This Matchup, expect 45-50 pts tonight

This isn`t the 80s-90s when there was no help for the short-small or light weight players and especially Perimeter Players
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 06-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Petrius Guarding Kobe = Not A Good Idea

I have NEVER seen a smaller guy have success on Kobe...NEVER, he just raises up over them or posts them

Atleast you can suggest a better defender... He's done the best job out of the 3 guys they've put on him (Lee, Turkoglu).

You can't stop Kobe with 1 player... simple as that. They should be using more double teams, and force Odom, Vujacic, & Ariza to kill you from 3PT if you have to in the 4th quarter. Just make sure you box out for the rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    It was pretty obvious I meant any defender, you idiot.

It doesn't matter who you put on him, he's going to get his points.
    Note the sarcasm.

Kobe will get his points no matter who is defending him, but I'd rather have Pietrus/ Turkoglu/ Lewis on him rather than Lee/ Reddick.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Note the sarcasm.

Kobe will get his points no matter who is defending him, but I'd rather have Pietrus/ Turkoglu/ Lewis on him rather than Lee/ Reddick.
    I noted the sarcasm, but the alcohol made me think you were trying to be a dick, my apologies. Why I am drinking when it's still light out on a tuesday, I have no idea.