Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Why do people on the main forum think Rose can't come back when Westbrook has?

I don't get it. Sure, Westbrook didn't tear his ACL. But Rose came back from that. He tore his meniscus in his other leg this time. And that's the same injury Westbrook suffered and look at Westbrook right now. He's been amazing. He's playing at an elite level again, he's dunking. He looks great.

So why are people doubting Rose so much?

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Why do people on the main forum think Rose can't come back when Westbrook has?

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    I don't get it. Sure, Westbrook didn't tear his ACL. But Rose came back from that. He tore his meniscus in his other leg this time. And that's the same injury Westbrook suffered and look at Westbrook right now. He's been amazing. He's playing at an elite level again, he's dunking. He looks great.

So why are people doubting Rose so much?
    It's easy to be a hater and doubt everything.

There is also probably stats how many athletes have come back to elite level after ACL tear. It's always individual. Now Rose had also meniscus tear, so it increases most probably the "odd" that he will again get injured.

I hope and believe that he will the again the great he used to be.

Default Re: Why do people on the main forum think Rose can't come back when Westbrook has?

It's no doubt he can come back, the doubt is on how long he can stay back. Rose is screwed. We all know how the human legs work. Stick a fork in the Derrick Rose we all knew and loved. Harsh reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    It's no doubt he can come back, the doubt is on how long he can stay back. Rose is screwed. We all know how the human legs work. Stick a fork in the Derrick Rose we all knew and loved. Harsh reality.
    Im very encouraged when I saw Shaun Livingston play lately . The guy had severe ACL before, If im not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Im very encouraged when I saw Shaun Livingston play lately . The guy had severe ACL before, If im not mistaken.
    ACL, MCL, PCL, and meniscus.

The Shaun Livingston story is nice to smile at, but really means nothing. He is a shell of what he would have been had it not been for his knee woes. Same will go for Derrick Rose. This guy will not stay healthy, especially when the team will need him the most. It's not only his knee's that alarm me, it's how his entire body just started suddenly breaking down. His body has just had enough of that high octane style he ripped teams to shreds with.

He will never be THE guy to get you to a championship series now. If he does, then the mother f*cker is a damn alien.