Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next 8 games

Default Re: Next 8 games

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Indiana's a good team they just beat the Thunder.
    We all know they are a good team. But losing a 17 point 4th quarter lead just isn't acceptable against anyone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    We all know they are a good team. But losing a 17 point 4th quarter lead just isn't acceptable against anyone.
    That was essentially a win. The Knicks had the game won after the 3rd, then stopped playing. That won't happen again. It was a good learning experience to give up that game TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    That was essentially a win. The Knicks had the game won after the 3rd, then stopped playing. That won't happen again. It was a good learning experience to give up that game TBH.
    I agree but there's no time for experiments when you're fighting to stay alive and hold on to that 8th seed.

Next 2 games Bucks are playing at home against Portland and OKC.
    If they don't lose then I doubt they ever will

But seriously,if we can have the same record as them in the next 2 games (we're playing against Chicago twice) and then beat them on Wednesday we would be 2 games ahead with only 8 games to go.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I agree but there's no time for experiments when you're fighting to stay alive and hold on to that 8th seed.

Next 2 games Bucks are playing at home against Portland and OKC.
    If they don't lose then I doubt they ever will

But seriously,if we can have the same record as them in the next 2 games (we're playing against Chicago twice) and then beat them on Wednesday we would be 2 games ahead with only 8 games to go.
    The Bucks will definitely lose against OKC, maybe both of those games.

Thunder is on a major losing streak for them, and they will be taking that out on someone, I actually feel bad for the Raptors tomorrow.

The Bucks honestly is the least of my concern, and I'm sure the team is looking forward and not backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    The Bucks will definitely lose against OKC, maybe both of those games.

Thunder is on a major losing streak for them, and they will be taking that out on someone, I actually feel bad for the Raptors tomorrow.

The Bucks honestly is the least of my concern, and I'm sure the team is looking forward and not backwards.
    I don't understand why. They are only 1 game behind us,have a much easier schedule and they showed that they can beat weak teams with no problems.

That "let's look ahead" stuff is nice and all but at some point you have to realize that we might miss the playoffs,look behind and secure a playoff spot first before looking ahead.

Knicks are playing very well right now and there's no doubt in my mind they are a playoff team. I just hope we won't regret because of our poor play at the start of the season. We lost against some of the worst teams out there like Hornets,Nets,Bobcats,Raptors(twice)...
    These losses might be very costly.
    Last edited by Clutch; 04-07-2012 at 10:11 AM.

I don't understand why. They are only 1 game behind us,have a much easier schedule and they showed that they can beat weak teams with no problems.

That "let's look ahead" stuff is nice and all but at some point you have to realize that we might miss the playoffs,look behind and secure a playoff spot first before looking ahead.

Knicks are playing very well right now and there's no doubt in my mind they are a playoff team. I just hope we won't regret because of our poor play at the start of the season. We lost against some of the worst teams out there like Hornets,Nets,Bobcats,Raptors(twice)...
    These losses might be very costly.
    Constantly looking behind sets you up for tripping and falling.

Right now, the team needs cohesiveness, and a constant killer instinct.

If they keep that as goal, it will not matter where the Bucks are.

The Knicks are not gonna win out the rest of the way, they will lose another game this season.

What I don't expect is Boston or Philly to maintain their spots.

That's why I'm looking ahead.

If the Knicks miss the playoffs it won't have anything to do with the Bucks.

It will be squarely on the heads of the Knicks.

That's why I don't care about the Bucks.

Constantly looking behind sets you up for tripping and falling.

Right now, the team needs cohesiveness, and a constant killer instinct.

If they keep that as goal, it will not matter where the Bucks are.

The Knicks are not gonna win out the rest of the way, they will lose another game this season.

What I don't expect is Boston or Philly to maintain their spots.

That's why I'm looking ahead.

If the Knicks miss the playoffs it won't have anything to do with the Bucks.

It will be squarely on the heads of the Knicks.

That's why I don't care about the Bucks.
    I expect Boston to keep that 4th seed. Philly is playing horrible and is in constant fall since the start of the season but I don't think they will fall out of the playoffs.

I expect Boston to keep that 4th seed. Philly is playing horrible and is in constant fall since the start of the season but I don't think they will fall out of the playoffs.
    But that's the thing, we don't really know what to think.

I don't think Boston will win any of the next four games, maybe against Philly who is playing awful right now, or the last five of the season.

Philly has alot of road games to close out their season and with their now short rotation, I do expect them to fall out of the race.

I fully expect both Boston and Philly to fizzle out.

I'm not predicting they don';t make the playoffs, but if it happened I wouldn't be shocked.

But that's the thing, we don't really know what to think.

I don't think Boston will win any of the next four games, maybe against Philly who is playing awful right now, or the last five of the season.

Philly has alot of road games to close out their season and with their now short rotation, I do expect them to fall out of the race.

I fully expect both Boston and Philly to fizzle out.

I'm not predicting they don';t make the playoffs, but if it happened I wouldn't be shocked.
    Boston is 2.5 games ahead of us. If we can win the game at MSG against them we might have a chance of winning the Division. Philly is only 1.5 games ahead and we own the tiebreaker.
    We still have a chance to win the Atlantic but I wouldn't count on that.
    I just want to make the playoffs. We'll see where we stand on Wednesday.

Here's a schedule including the games on Wednesday:
    Knicks: Chicago,@Chicago,@Milwaukee
    Bucks: Portland,OKC,Milwaukee
    Philly: Orlando,@Boston,@NJ,@Toronto
    Celtics: @Indiana,Philadelphia,@Miami,Atlanta

I don't see any scenario where the Bucks make the playoffs and we don't.

Alot would have to go wrong for that to happen, so I really am not even thinking about that, which is why I don't care about the Bucks.

With our team and it's depth, if we can't will ourselves to make the playoffs with all this talent, we didn't deserve it, Woodson doesn't deserve the job, and we have major problems.

I don't see that scenario at all.

I don't see any scenario where the Bucks make the playoffs and we don't.

Alot would have to go wrong for that to happen, so I really am not even thinking about that, which is why I don't care about the Bucks.

With our team and it's depth, if we can't will ourselves to make the playoffs with all this talent, we didn't deserve it, Woodson doesn't deserve the job, and we have major problems.

I don't see that scenario at all.
    How can't you see any scenario ?
    They are only 1 game behind,have a much easier schedule and currently own the tiebreaker.

I'll give you one realistic scenario. Knicks go 5-6 until the end,Bucks go 6-5 with a win over us.
    Both teams finish with a 33-33 record but the Bucks own the tiebreaker so they advance to the playoffs.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but I'm afraid of the Bucks,not because they are a better team but because they have a much easier schedule and are healthy.
    I would say there's 50% chance we'll finish ahead of them,in other words it's a toss up.

How can't you see any scenario ?
    They are only 1 game behind,have a much easier schedule and currently own the tiebreaker.

I'll give you one realistic scenario. Knicks go 5-6 until the end,Bucks go 6-5 with a win over us.
    Both teams finish with a 33-33 record but the Bucks own the tiebreaker so they advance to the playoffs.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic but I'm afraid of the Bucks,not because they are a better team but because they have a much easier schedule and are healthy.
    I would say there's 50% chance we'll finish ahead of them,in other words it's a toss up.
    I don't see any scenario because I'm not looking for one.

If the Knicks were to miss out on the playoffs it will be solely their fault.

The Knicks under Woodson are passing every single test with flying colors, with really only one hiccup, and they were in full control over that game as well.

They're beating teams on the road........Philly

They're beating teams back to back.......Indy

They're beating teams who are considered contenders...Orlando.

They bounced back from an inexcusable loss......Indy.

This whole final stretch has been a test.

Now they have another one against the team with the best record in the league....Chicago, in two games in a row.

If they win both....they passed the test, and would be unexpected.

If they split....they passed the test, and would be expected.

If they lose both.....that's an issue, but not all is lost, and not expected.

All I want is the Knicks to play their game, each one as if it's their last.

10 out of 13, they have for pretty much the full 48, and won all of those 10.

In the three that they didn't all....... on the road, only one game did they completely drop the ball.

You're good with stats...here the one that matters to me right now.

Other than the Spurs which are on an insane win streak, guess what's the best record of teams in the last 10 right now?

7-3....... and the Knicks are in that group.

That's what I care about....winning down the stretch.

They keep doing that and the Milwaukee Bucks don't matter at all.

Honestly they don't matter either way to me.

Bucks won again.

This is so depressing. We keep on winning (only a few occasional losses) but our lead over the Bucks is smaller and smaller by every game.

If they win against us on Wednesday I don't think there's a chance we'll finish ahead of them.

On the other hand Philly lost again and now we're only 1 game behind them and we own the tiebreaker.Still,they have an easier schedule but it looks like they are falling apart.

You're gonna have some grey hair Clutch.

You're gonna have some grey hair Clutch.
    Probably

When it comes to sports I'm pretty nervous and easily frustrated. That's funny because in other things I'm pretty calm person.