Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Gordon Joins Deng on GB roster

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    thanks.any ideas from the israeli side bjerk?
    Sport5 or channel 10

Learning to shoot layups

live stream! The game is broadcast on Israel 1 state tv

http://www.fromil.com/tv/index.php?radio=1

It will automatically appear in full screen. A very good picture too!

This is a 4pm UK tip. I'll have to think of an excuse to get out of work early!

Learning to shoot layups

http://www.basketball247.co.uk/news/...00000173.shtml

highlights of the home games can be found here

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inaminute23
    http://www.basketball247.co.uk/news/...00000173.shtml

highlights of the home games can be found here
    what a sorry state we are in.not only do we not get to see away games,for our home games we get highlights!!

Learning to shoot layups

what a sorry state we are in.not only do we not get to see away games,for our home games we get highlights!!
    That's british basketball for you! Better than nothing, things can only get better.

That's british basketball for you! Better than nothing, things can only get better.
    problem is i have been saying that for the last 12years and it hasn't!! maybe now it will though.The real dagger for me was when I went to see Guildford V eventual winners DKV in the ULEB cup at the Guildford Spectrum and it wasn't full!! if there were 1500 it was tops! Thats shameful. the Timberwolves played celtics in a crap boring pick up game at the o2 only weeks earlier and it was nearly full 15000 or whatever.So exactly what did that nba game do for british basketball? if they cant fill up a 2500 seater 4 weeks later??in a game that means something and has an english club involved.

Learning to shoot layups

problem is i have been saying that for the last 12years and it hasn't!! maybe now it will though.The real dagger for me was when I went to see Guildford V eventual winners DKV in the ULEB cup at the Guildford Spectrum and it wasn't full!! if there were 1500 it was tops! Thats shameful. the Timberwolves played celtics in a crap boring pick up game at the o2 only weeks earlier and it was nearly full 15000 or whatever.So exactly what did that nba game do for british basketball? if they cant fill up a 2500 seater 4 weeks later??in a game that means something and has an english club involved.
    It is very difficult for Bsketball in the uk to get media attention because in terms of media spotlight it is behind

Football
    Cricket
    Rugby
    Horse racing
    Motorsport
    Tennis
    Snooker
    Boxing
    Athletics
    Darts!

I bet in Spains ome of these sports are even further down the list as basketball is in the UK. For example someone in Spain is saying "why can't Rugby be as huge in Spain as it is in the UK". Do you understand where im coming from? Basketball's biggest obstacle in the UK is other sports and also people's ignorance towards a fascinating sport.

It is very difficult for Bsketball in the uk to get media attention because in terms of media spotlight it is behind

Football
    Cricket
    Rugby
    Horse racing
    Motorsport
    Tennis
    Snooker
    Boxing
    Athletics
    Darts!

I bet in Spains ome of these sports are even further down the list as basketball is in the UK. For example someone in Spain is saying "why can't Rugby be as huge in Spain as it is in the UK". Do you understand where im coming from? Basketball's biggest obstacle in the UK is other sports and also people's ignorance towards a fascinating sport.
    I agree.But Rugby is not as worldwide a sport as basketball.six nations,southern hemisphere and Argentina.Cricket ?commonwealth countries.
    Tennis?? what Tennis? you mean Wimbledon thats all! In Spain they also have Football,handball,Tennis,cycling etc.I think the biggest problem in the UK is not even all the other sports ahead of basketball(including Fencing probably)Its Football. Football alone kills everything else,even rugby league and rugby union.None of the rugby leagues in the UK is as big as basketball is in europe.My point is that its a worldwide sport and yet it is so low in the list of sports in the UK.Its not a complaint as much as it suprises me.In the Uk people are taller,it rains all the time,so ideal indoor sport,the americans play it(we seem to do everything the yanks do,like go to war etc),its tough and physical, it has all the ingredients.

Football
    yes, it's definitely because of football

If the rumour that Gordon is going to a russian team is correct,that will be good news for Great Britain.There will be none of this "no you are not playing for your country(albeit adopted) this summer".

that link not working for me!
    anywhere else where I can watch it?