Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

we hold our standards high?????????????????????

Those shoes probably cost $5 to make it in China. pls

Is not like the are made or some rare leather and high tech and built by a artist.

You just paying for the millions of $ that Nike spend on those ugly and boring Lebron commercials.

The one that think those $150 shoes got something special are just blind.

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee

Is not like the are made or some rare leather and high tech and built by a artist.

You just paying for the millions of $ that Nike spend on those ugly and boring Lebron commercials.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. I doubt that Marbury's sneakers are much cheaper to make than Lebron's, and really, what gets me is the condescending way his statement came off... Lebron's lost a point there with me as well.

NBA rookie of the year

Nike shoes definitely don't cost more than $5-$15 to mass produce, for sure, so the actual quality difference between the sneakers is likely not a whole lot.

LeBrons ... maybe I'm just not tuned in, but they're not as big of a deal these days as the Jordans were through the 80s and 90s, not even close.

That being said, you can't really blame LeBron for totting the company line. They are paying him $100 million dollars after all to wear/endorse their product, a product that he likes and gets design input on. Can't really beat that.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And I guess he and you guys feels the same way about Shaqs shoes which are also an "inexpensive" shoe.

Sweet lord, primetime assumes, bets and thinks waaaaaay too much.

HeartHustleHope

LeBron should not have said that.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    huh?...

I own a mercedes S430...it is higher quality and has "proven" better preformance and a smoother ride than any toyota...

This guy showed his true colors. He's a rich p rick.

Decent college freshman

The difference between a good coffee and a bad coffee is the quality, the different between a good coffee and the best coffee is the propaganda.

LeBron shoes don't make me a better BB player I rather buy the Marbury shoes and spend the different in some of those BB training videos that will actually improve my game.

The only think that Lebron shoes can make you do is miss FT.
    Last edited by el_locoteee; 03-30-2007 at 03:09 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by primetime
    huh?...

I own a mercedes S430...it is higher quality and has "proven" better preformance and a smoother ride than any toyota...
    Is this your car????

College star

It's all relative. Differrent people feel confortable in different shoes. But one thing is universal. We all like low prices. Unless your an arrogant self absorbed rich ****.

Is this your car????

eddie griffith strikes again

"brutha cant drive"

I rule the local playground

jesus primetime if you feel that paying more for a shoe = quality fine by me, if it helps you sleep at night all shoes that cost 150 are made by little elves in oregon with the utmost quality. clothes are like the only business where its impossible to lose money i think. if you made 10 air jordans for 5 bucks a piece and sold 1 you made 100 bucks. all clothes are cheap to make and you're getting "ripped" off no matter what welcome to globalization. no t-shirt costs 17 dollars to make its more like 2 dollars to all the people *****ing at primetime you know everything you have was made with cheap labor most likely so its not like because you don't buy nike's you're some ultra smart consumer. we're all getting ripped off on everything we buy do you think it costs 100 dollars to make the pills you buy for a prescription those pills cost pennies to make maybe less. i could go on and on. back to the initial topic though its sad lebron cant see what marbury is saying, marbury made his own company sells his own stuff for reasonable prices to urban youth so their parents don't have to go without to put 150 pair of sneakers on their kid that cost 5 to make. basically he is exposing nike and im sure lebron was told to say that by nike because they're pissed their scam is being exposed. marbury is a douche on the basketball court but off the court he really has his heart in the right place, katrina is another example just straight gave a million bucks no questions asked and didnt even want people to know.
    Last edited by kenuffff; 03-30-2007 at 06:44 AM.

I rule the local playground

marbury's statement means he has his own company where he is doing his own thing and its a good thing, and he is saying lebron is really the one thats stupid. nike is making back that 100 million 1000x fold. look how much nike makes a year and compare that to how much jordan got out of nike when he basically single-handly built their company up. marbury is commenting on how atheletes think because they get paid a large sum they're somehow not being used but they are someone is getting up on them.

Bucks fan

So what exactly does Marbury own? Steve & Barry's owns and manufactures those shoes. He doesn't own them.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease PMshooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    So what exactly does Marbury own? Steve & Barry's owns and manufactures those shoes. He doesn't own them.
    It's because Marbury gets paid % wise on # of shoes sold - that's the deal. It's not an endorsement deal like it is with Nike, where essentially they're paying you money for YOU. Your image, your name brand etc.